You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: They Still Roam The House

Real Ghost Stories

They Still Roam The House

 

I would like to start off first by saying that I have a lot of things to write about things that have happened to me (which are not a lot right now) and things that my close friends and family have experienced. This one is about our dogs that have been gone for years.

The first dog I ever remember having was a little poodle named Mitzy. She was my mom's dog; we had her until I was about four or five. My mom had her put to sleep because she had developed arthritis, at the time not knowing that they put her to sleep and then shoved a needle through her stomach. It broke my mom because she had requested to stay in the vet room while they did this.

For a long time after that everyone in the house had seen Mitzy around the house. But you never see her right out in the open. It was always from the corner of your eye. We had figured out that we only saw her when we didn't have any animals in the house. I remember seeing her a lot until we got Magoo, our Boston terrier. No one really saw her while we had him or while my dad still lived with us. However I can't figure out if it is linked to mom's pain and grief over anything or just animals, I can't remember that far back.

I do, however, remember Mitzy walking under my bed one day. But it was just from the corner of my eye. I also remember going into the kitchen one day and saw her go around the table. I have heard dog toenails hitting the floor as if a dog was walking on a hardwood floor when we didn't have a dog. All those things happened after Magoo passed away.

We have had random things disappear in the house, only to reappear in the most random places. It would be little things like a gameboy game that someone could swore was on the coffee table in the living room and reappear in my room on my TV stand (which actually happened). There have been some things like jewelry that my mom has lost that stayed lost for a long time and then just suddenly reappeared in her jewelry box one day. I lost a Destiny's Child that has never been found and I also lost a prism that I have never come across again. My mom had this little butterfly beanie baby that she loved, I think it was a Mother's Day present from my sister or something when we were younger. It always sat on her jewelry box and one day it just disappeared. We haven't found it either. My sister finally just bought her another one.

As I said we noticed that we did not see Mitzy when we got new pets. After Magoo died it was awhile before we got our beagle that we have now, Dori. It was at least a year. But I have not seen Mitzy at all since having Dori. My sister has said that she has seen Magoo however. She stated that just the other day she saw him in the kitchen. He did not get put to sleep but he didn't pass in the best of ways. Our neighbors used to throw things out by their porch, like bones and such. When he got older he had problems swallowing food and never liked to chew. We let him out one night and he didn't come back. When we started searching for him I found him on our neighbor's porch. He had choked to death on something. This also broke my mom, I think because he had been with us through the divorce and everything.

As I said though, ever since getting our beagle nothing has happened. In fact, I don't even know if anything has disappeared. She probably won't make her presence known again for a while; we have four dogs in the house plus a cat!

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It's not really scary that we've seen them, just odd because they are just there.

Other hauntings by lexie4308

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lexie4308, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tweetpea (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
I lost my cat Zoey to Kidney Failer December 24 2008 we chose to put her down so she wouldn't live in pain it was hard on me she was my Best Friend My Teacher and the Boss of the House. Three days later we got Calico half Siamese not the Black with white under chin like Zoey was. 8/30/2009 I don't know if this is possible but is there anyway Zoey could have come back to me as my Guardian Angel Zoey was always with me and always guarding me Calie started doing this just recently if you have any information please let me know I don't want to believe in something and then it not being true Thank You.
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Thank you for your views:) I hadn't thought about it until last night after reading other peoples pet stories but I do remember now that in the times of not having a dog I would sometimes feel my bed move slightly, like when a dog or cat hops onto your bed. I also now remember that sometimes I would feel something like an indentation near my feet like something was lying there but when I would look expecting our cat nothing was ever there. It was always somehow comforting though:)
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Animals being pure spirit have a much easier time coming through on this side and making their presence known. You and your mom are probably more open to them which is why you see them all the time. I think it's great that your babies are letting you know that they are still there with you!

Hugs,
Joanne

Wwww.myangelspeak.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: