You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Bonnie And Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Bonnie And Ghosts

 

I would never suspect the murder of my fourth cousin, Bonnie Huffman, on July 3, 1954, would have anything to do with the skeptical sightings and activity in my home. Bonnie was a young beautiful woman in her early twenties, she was a teacher, and had a clean reputation. She was taken, her car found empty, along the roads of Delta, Missouri, with no known motive. Days later, her body was discovered, missing clothing articles and jewelry, her killer was never found, and every piece of evidence was suspiciously destroyed. Family and friends, (I was present during this ceremony), gathered a few years ago for a meal, prayer, and letting pink and white balloons float to the sky, to remember Bonnie on the fifty year anniversary of her death.

Whereas, at home, in the month of July, my grandma tears through drawers and sofa cushions in search of her gold hoop ear-ring. She vacuums the entire surface of the den, pulling out couches and searching behind them. I help her look, but neither she nor I could locate the ear-ring. Coming home from school one day, I stepped into the den and click on the light, the light glints of something shiny... And gold. Lying in the center, directly underneath the ceiling fan on the white carpet, lies what we have searched for days. I pick up the hoop ear-ring and return it to my grandma, who takes it in awe.

Doors suspiciously pop open after being dead-locked, doors slamming loudly, toothbrushes fall into X's into the sink, pieces of the blinds fall, standing straight up on the counter, footsteps wake you during cat-naps, and orbs, and once, an distinct face in the reflection of a picture... (I can e-mail photo) It has two teeth, and eyes on its round, yellow-brown face.

One night I awoke to goose bumps on my arms, and I felt an unusual chill in the summer night. I glimpsed up to see three men sitting on the foot of the bed, chatting softly, and sipping something from the china cups I recognized from the china cabinet. I said, "I'm scared," pulled the covers over my head and fell back to sleep. My grandma also saw a young nurse, who was at the foot of her bed too. Strange coincidence. Lots of strange things happen in the month of July in our home. Suspicion grew on maybe this had something to do with Bonnie's death... When July is over, the sightings and activity stops abruptly.

I know babies are known to babble to no one, but my two-year old cousin, Abby, yells "Be nice!" and "No, you can't have that," and "What? What did you say?" While she is in the room I saw the ghosts myself, I hid near the corner of the wall while she carries on a long conversation with someone I couldn't see from where I stood.

Many things have happened in this house, all in July, it is June 8, today, if any other sightings occur during July this year, I will write about them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MichelleDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Daylee (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Yes, I was present during all of these experiences. Not all but more often than not, these happened near Bonnie's date of death. This particular house has had various unusual, unexplainable occurences as well. Prior to a Bonnie memorial one July evening, the television came on by itself. I thought it was just a fluke. However, when I returned from a most unusual memorial at Jackson, Missouri, I was startled to find that the twist rod to my wood blinds was off its hook above my kitchen sink and standing upright. This was and is still a mystery to me. If you have ever removed the twist rod from a wood or vinyl blind, you know that it takes some manuevering. And no, this rod's hook was completely intact. I placed it back in its "hook" and it has never detached itself again. HMMMMMM?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Not sure this has anything to do with Bonnie's death considering you are not seeing her but others. The only correlation seems to be the month of July as being the most active time. Unless what you are seeing has something to do with her demise and you don't know that due to lack of records it's hard to say if there is a connection.
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
:::MichelleDawn:::

I would love to jump at the opportunity to see that picture. Also I don't know if the paranormal activity in the house during july has anything to do with Bonnie, but maybe another unfortunate event took place in the house during July.

I would love to hear more about your experiences...

~G.T.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
MichelleDawn--Coincidences? Are you sure there even ARE such things? KimSouth has excellent suggestions. Keep that running dated list of occurences. (I like the "kiss" with the toothbrush "x".)
In my opinion, the vision you had of the three men drinking from reconizable teacups is putting some sort of insight right in front of you. If your dear departed cousin is working hard to give you signs (I know, you say, but why not make them clearer?!), you can open your mind and put a little effort into making better kind of sense of them. Try free-associations of signs/symbols and what they suggest. You don't need to be Freud or Jung to know what comes to mind when you see certain things.
There's a TV series called "Paranormal Investigators"about psychics and police who work together, usually on "cold cases." (Check local listings for time and channel)
As has been said, "Heaven cries out for Justice." All the best in your quest. ~ James
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
I can't wait until you write more stories about these things. Do you think that these ghosts are friendly or evil and sadistic? Have you ever tried communicating with them like Abby?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
It may not be a coincidence, especially since the murder was never solved. This is simply a theory, the occurances may have something to do with what happened to Bonnie. Maybe, if you try to list the occurances and see if they mean anything to you or any other member of your family that is familiar with Bonnie or may know bits and oeices surrounding her death, it will make some sense.

Did these things happen only during the year you had the memorial for Bonnie or did they happen other years as well?

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: