You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Padma's Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Padma's Experience

 

I have always appreciated and supported efforts taken by Mughda who was a very zealous volunteer for anti superstition groups before she married and settled outside India. She is aware of my interest in paranormal and have read most of the other incidents that I have narrated in various other forums and sites. I think she was mature enough to respect opinion of others without getting her own mindset impacted and hence the friendship continued.

Majority of the cases were women who often fall prey to various psychological disorders and claim to be possessed by spirits. This is a common scenario and at times women in rural or sometime even urban India fake the possession so that they can get away from very strenuous daily chores. This also helps them to get lot of respect and gifts from others, and harassment from in-laws turns into awe, fear and respect. Challenge is to convince relatives to take the poor victim to psychiatrist. Around 90 % cases turnout to be suffering from Schizophrenia or other mental disorders.

In this particular incident I was supposed to help Mughda to take one such case to the clinic. We were going to use their group's car with the driver and mother-in-law of the patient was going to accompany her. When I reached the house , Mughda and others were trying to convince the patient to be ready for the doctor's visit. This is a usual scene and patient is always reluctant to go for the treatment. The patient ( Padma) finally relented but said since we have come to her house for the first time let her make some tea for us. It was when she was handing over the cup to me, I sensed something wrong for the first time.

It was the way she looked at me for a fraction of a second. The look faded away quickly but it was full of so much cunning and hatred that I was shaken up. It was not the face of mentally ill women. I had also come across many cases where the possession is faked and at times one can figure out the deception but this was completely different. It was more of an animal look who had sensed that someone who should not have entered its territory had done so. Something happened inside me at the same time and my ability to sense things around me was hit. To be honest, I did not realize at that time at all. We went to the doctor, the lady was examined, follow up visit was scheduled. It was after I reached my home, I suddenly felt my head clearing. Thats the time I realized that something was wrong.

When I went for the next time, I had meditated for an hour or so and was on my guard. This time the hostility was quite open and since I was prepared my nerves were not getting impacted, which was I guess making whatever was inside that lady even more furious. One more curious thing I noticed this time. On the way to the clinic there is a very famous Ganesha Temple. The driver, who has always driven on the city roads for the last 25 years, took a diversion and avoided the street. I looked at Padma and her smile said everything. At that moment I got the sensation of fear for the first time. It has happened so many times before but I have always struggled to describe it. It was as if something cold and nasty has entered inside you and a cold hand has grabbed your soul from within. This is not the kind of fear one feels when watching horror shows at night alone. It is more complete and impacts your soul not your body. One can only experience it and not describe.

The doctor's visit was not peaceful this time and there was some commotion inside the consulting room. Whatever that was inside was angry and had given up any presence of being psychologically ill women. I was not surprised at all when Mudgha and the driver came back later saying that they are not able to locate Padma as she slipped away in the corridor when Mudgha went to freshen up. I roamed around the campus, as I was sure I would be able to locate Padma somewhere. On their own possessed souls do not go for vehicles. I did find her outside one canteen looking moodily at the roles and sandwiches.

This time when she saw me she did not react. I wanted to set up conversation with what was inside her but did not know how I was going to do it. Still I held her hand and took her to a nearby bench where no one could hear us. I simply explained that this couldn't continue as I am going to suggest forced visits to all the four famous temples nearby. I may not be able to force what was inside to leave Padma but temple visits will ensure that soul protection increases and that what is inside cannot escape out. So basically an end for both the victim and the entity that has entered. I was not sure that I was understood or not, but to my surprise Padma pointed to the car and asked me to drive. I took the direction given and very soon we came on the subway that led to an old housing society for dairy farm workers. Padma asked me to stop the car, which I did. For a fraction of second there was slight vibration in the car and then Padma was back. Please note that this happened very quietly. Padma was fully aware of where she was and did not faint or anything. But at the same time her eyes were now cleared and the numbing sensation that I had was gone.

We returned back. This was one of the most cleanest and clearest experience I had. People often relate possession with ghosts of those who have died which in my opinion is not always true. God knows what else is lurking around us trying to look for a soul that it can occupy. It can be reasonable and know when to give up as this incident describes but at the same time can be very cruel, selfish and as long as its own destruction is not on the horizon, harm the body it holds. In this case Padma recovered instantly but to this date I do not know what had weakened the god give protection that every soul has. My experience is that this happens either when someone tries a sadhana that is beyond the capacity of the kundalini one holds. Perhaps there are other reasons as well. Who knows

Other hauntings by mangadanga

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mangadanga, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-11)
I think the place where Padma or I should say the entity inside her took you to has got something to do with it. Maybe that's the place where Padma has got possessed and that is why the entity made you take Padma there and then left. You should make some research about that place. Thank you:)
prati809 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
i really think that a person should have immense faith I god but also one should believe that such things like paranormal or super natural things exist... And one should not get scared of spirits and ghosts because they feed on fear... As soon as the fear within us increases the negativity and their ppwer increases as well... On should know about the life cycle and should accept death willingly whenever it comes as it is bound to happen... One can surely build a strong positive aura around their self by meditating. As it helps to know ones inner self really well...
Alaviya (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
You are right we all have protection that is god given and we choose to exit this area of protection there are many reasons and times people can be possessed, some being, when a woman has her period, when people urinate under trees and there are cases when late night if someone calls out to you in a lonely sort of place we reply or turn around or infant we make ourselves mediums of communication in to this world like playing too much ouija board... Also if people leave long hair open at noon or at night apply lots of perfumes are very beautiful they are susceptible to pulling negative or positive beings
Andromeda (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
Well...i feel that the signs of demonic possession may not be same in every case. Reading the experience above, I conclude that it may be possible that the girl was really possessed. Every religion describes the presence of demons. They feed on fear and maybe ignorance. If you are brave, not afraid of death, know the truth about the soul and body, demons or evil spirits cannot last longer in you. Even if there is a presence of such person that has knowledge of what I have written above, the spirit or demon may know that they cannot last longer since there are helping hands out there to 'extract' them out.

This is just my opinion.
Thanx
Boo1234 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
hmm... I'm skeptical because well to be honest demons don't usually give into people that easily. Unless it is a weak or a new demon in my opinion. Anyway thank you for sharing your story
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
hmmmmm how come some people get so many ghostly encounters?
garbagegigo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
Ghosts leaving that easily? Hmm sounds made up. If it could see reason that easily, I doubt it would have possessed anyone in the first place.
angel_eyes (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Sorry but I agree with others. I think you are very much experienced in this field and using some words that are little hard for us to understand.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Sorry about the first half of the story missing, it was eaten by a cyber gremlin. It's fixed now.
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
it is hard to understand, however what I think you were trying to get at was that your friend was possesed! Crazy stuff can happen, and I am not very familiar with posessions...
I have only wittnessed one before
All I can say is that it seems to be attached to your friend, so just keep an eye out for her
Wish I could be of more assistance!
Best of luck anyways
~Jessi
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
your story was really hard to understand. It was almost like you started out of nowhere. I'm sorry maybe you could rewrite it? ❤ Jas
tboro (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
im really sorry to say but I didn't understand your story as it started from half. Please kindly tell me the full story. Hope you won't mind thank you. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: