You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Revenge Attempt

Real Ghost Stories

Revenge Attempt

 

Spirits are vengeful in nature. At times they patiently stalk their victim for years. But my role has been more of an investigator of incidents related to the paranormal and I don't think I have offended anyone from the other world as such. And even if unknowingly I might have been done so, due to my Sadhana and aura of spiritual strength I was confident that it would not happen.

But it proved to be an overconfidence. This experience remains as one of the scariest days I passed in my life. While I was going through it, I did not know why I was attacked and by whom. During the analysis I figured it out but I would rather mention it at the beginning so that context would be clearer. This attack was extremely systematic and was very cleverly designed by cornering me with the help of illusions and a very powerful and ancient symbol used by very early cults of evil. The plan was not designed by an ordinary ghostly existence but something that was capable of even pushing back the nature with its strength. And what worried me most was its intrusion into the latest technologies. But I will begin why I invited the wrath of such a powerful existence in the first place.

Around 10 years back, while returning from a trip, I stopped in a small village where a few distant relatives of my mother were staying. It is around 300 miles from Bombay yet remains well hidden in the hills and had retained most of the old charms that villages have. While food was being cooked, I wandered outside the house and observed an empty hut near it.

I walked inside and immediately was hit by a stale but very powerful aura of extreme evil. The hut was almost empty except for few utensils and clothes. There was a green tinge everywhere within the hut. I called my uncle who told me rather interesting story about it. A woman who was in her early eighties had come from north side hills with some amount of money with her. She got this hut built and lived there. It was a small village and soon everyone knew her tragic story of losing her only son by snake bite. She sounded affectionate, was short sighted and mingled with the village well, especially by offering to cook during the common festivals.

When there was a free cataract camp in the village by Dr. Shirke who was known for his charity work, her neighbors took her there. But when she realized how the checking is done she refused to go in saying her eyesight was perfect. She was trying to escape but just then her number was called. She went in muttering something in anger. When the nurse entered the tent two minutes later, she found the old woman sitting on the check-up table and next to her Dr. Shirke was found dead. The cause was a massive heart attack. But his face was carrying a horrified expression which no one could really explain.

After this the old woman's popularity declined... There were rumors that she was found drawing figures on a riverbank far away from the village. She was seen swimming across the river in the full flood with something in her mouth. On one such night she left and never returned.

But I had guessed what she was and knew she will return. I will not go in to details but knew the only way to stop her entering forever. I looked for a typical broken shrine symbol with two small birds drawn using simple chalk. Within minutes I found and erased it by taking some water my hand. The pain was bearable but what was worst was the image that passed through the mind. Dark yellow eyes of a fox giving me a disapproving look. I advised the villagers to take the hut down and build a small temple. I could guess why Dr. Shirke died. He must have seen inside the eyes, centuries of evil deeds and perhaps faces that humans are not supposed to see. This was perhaps my offense but I had forgotten about it completely.

Coming back to my narration, in my field of software, working on weekends is not unusual. On one such Saturday, I finished at around 8 PM and was about to get up. In a flash, my mind altered me against a possible danger. Over the years I have learned to segregate between the different kinds of messages I get. This one was not related to any immediate danger but a risk that was on it's way. Secondly it had failed to figure out in what form it would manifest. I braced myself for whatever that was going to happen.

I was cautious while driving back. While I turned into the society my senses alerted me that my eyes have seen something trivial yet unusual. I decided to ignore it on the backdrop of bigger warning. I was sure that I can recall what it was later. I went to my flat, ate some fruits and started the sadhana early, I was expecting some sort of trouble but nothing happened. I finished in an hour with every additional protective measure that I can take and slept like a baby. Once again my eyes tried to warn my brain against something unusual but I did not take the warning. However, while analyzing this incident later I kicked myself for it. Because this time it was not my brain that had rejected it. There was something else in the atmosphere which sort of absorbed it. I should have been cautious.

In the morning I realized what my eyes were trying to convey. The pillow cover, the bed had greenish tinge on them. I vague memory stirred somewhere in the mind,. After the bath, I started with another round of Sadhana. It was a very provocative one, which insults evil to such an extent that if an existence is around it will react at some level. When I was at my peak the door bell rang. Cursing I opened the door, took the milk bag and went back to Sadhana. And then I froze. It was good 30 minutes earlier than usual milkman's time. So whatever that was around could not take the insults and had reacted but in a very intelligent way. Yet I doggedly completed the Sadhana, became more aggressive and finished it with a very powerful mantra. This surely hit whatever was around... I could feel it's hatred inside me.

I looked at the milk bag which the "milkman" had brought. It had a solid green tinge to it similar to the pillow cover. Within a second there was a cut on my forefinger and blood was oozing from it. It was not plastic. Perhaps some material from their world... I realized the danger and rushed to my holy cabinet and threw it in. It burnt into flames, through which I could see a vision. "Of a doctor checking eyes of a very old woman, perhaps for cataract." But there was some kind of impact on my brain which stopped me for touching that part of memory in my head. I knew in normal circumstances by now I would have remembered; however. It was as if my memory was restricted beyond a certain period.

I cleansed the house by spreading the holy ash but could feel that whatever had made it comfortable was mocking at me. It was too powerful to be impacted by normal cleansing.

Worried for the first time I rang a friend who helps me in investigations. But the call went on waiting. Thinking that he will call back, I sat on the bed and tried to bring back what my eyes have been telling me when I turned my car in the society. The answer made me even more uneasy. There is a vegetable hawker, an old woman who sits near my society. She wraps up by 7 PM. But yesterday the baskets where still there when it must have been 8.30 PM and the woman was different and much older, and was constantly staring at me. I could not say for sure if it was the same woman I had seen in the flames. Restless I tried calling my friend again without any luck. Finally I started calling other friends. Each number was engaged. I called some of the relatives, with the same result. That's when I did my first real mistake. I started dialing number after number in my cell. Nothing was reachable. The process had become almost mechanical. So certain controls in my house were taken over. I should have stopped at that time because once the action becomes mechanical your protective shield drops.

Suddenly one of the numbers in my phone memory connected, was picked up and before I could say "hi", a very faint whisper that sounded like a Gregorian chant hit my ears. That fraction of a second was the key. By the grace of God my trained mind spotted the evil words, as old as the darkness itself. The chants that gave birth to the dark mantras going forward were cleverly mixed with Gregorian notes. As a defensive action, I pushed myself into a trance like state. Hear nothing, see nothing. The next thing I did was to throw the cell away and wipe the blood that had tickled down my ear. Had I been a second more slow, I can't imagine what would have happened. It was not any ordinary paranormal manifestation.

Something very powerful and had come after me with good preparation. I checked the number I had dialed. It was stored as "Hotel Megahut." A very faint bell rang somewhere at the back of my mind again. I have always believed that here is a place in our brain where all the memories are stored. But something was stopping me from reaching there.

I decided to step out for some fresh air to think. By now I knew that my enemy was too powerful to use tricks like closing doors and windows which I would have opened any way. I took the stairs. All but one house were locked. I was not going to fall in a trap now. I knew that all my neighbors were there, all the houses were open and this was just an illusion. By now I could guess what would be inside the only open house in this hallucination. So I pressed the doorbell, put a rosary on the ground and continued to walk ahead. I ignored the cries of inhuman anguish with a smile.

Outside on the road both sides there were rows of familiar shop fronts and houses. All were closed. At this time they should have been crowded with the customers, but there was no other human being on the road. I knew in my heart that everything around me was normal and this was just one more trick. The answer was not being afraid.

As I walked ahead slowly the familiar landmarks started disappearing and on both sides of the road I could see, very old constructions I could not place. When I looked ahead the road was full of them. Each house was shabbier than the previous one. It was like walking back century after century in each step. Slowly the light had started to fade as well. It was as if traveling from day towards night. There was a charge in the atmosphere accompanied by choked up smell of fear. The nature had lost control to something else. On the far side of the road I could see someone walking slowly.

First time in my life I turned by back and ran for my life. It was an intuition that has saved me many times in my life which made me do it. This was not a place to fight. It had started in at the house and needed to be finished in the house. I continued to speak holy mantras and thankfully I reached back to the "safety" of my house without any further incidents.

I needed to break this trap. Otherwise I would fall for one or the other trick. And only way to break it was to seek help from natural forces and contact the outside world. I recited the chants I knew and lightened a bright yellow candle given to me by a certain saint. It was a very pious one and could glow for hours.

I then switched on my laptop. I decided to make one more attempt to contact with the real world outside behind those illusions. I connected to the internet and tried site after site. But none of the sites were opening. Some opened but with a completely different layout in a language not known to me. I was nervous in a sense that what existed around me had taken control of the technology as well. But I was not going to make the same mistake I did while dialing cell. I remembered the face of my Guru and once more invited the positive energies to help me. Something hissed around me in anger. So it was losing control at a certain level.

I opened Facebook and to my surprise it opened. But the moment I logged in I knew my enemy was not yet defeated. I have around 800 friends on Facebook. I opened the entire list. First few were my real friends but after that suddenly unfamiliar grinning faces started to appear. First with less frequency and then slowly increasing in numbers. It was exactly like being on the road outside.

But this time with the candle and other holy artifacts around me I was more confident. I kept on scrolling. There were unfamiliar faces of monks who had decided to turn to the darker side. Fifth last photo was of that old woman I had seen in the flames. My instinct ordered me not to look further.

A thought entered from somewhere like a flash of pure light. Perhaps the years of Sadhana, though initially baffled, was ready to fight this evil. It made me look at the right side of the screen. Everyone was offline but for one green dot. I could feel the warmth and assurance of positive energy in that dot.

The nature though temporarily taken aback had come to assist me. I clicked on the chat and stunned to see it was "Dr. Shirke". Things happened very fast then. The candle started to flicker but kept on. What was in my house was mad with anger. It made hissing and sniffing sounds. The ray in my head kept me balanced. I could see a message being typed "hit your right hand on the arm of the chair, so hard that it should hurt". Without thinking I did so.

"Four more times, it will clear your memory". Shirke window typed. I did so. Every time ray in my head endured the pain and the flame kept away what was now calling its master for help. After the fourth time the pain hit the brain and I remembered what this was all about and who was Dr. Shirke.

"Behind the sofa set" the Shirke window said. With bleeding hand and candle in the other I rushed to the hall, pulled the sofa out, kept the candle down and with my blood wiped out the sign that was made there in my absence. Exactly like the one I had erased in the hut. The pain shot up like anything but I knew I had won. The hissing sounds that were fading away with defeated tone in them.

My right hand was bruised but it did not look like a fracture. I called up couple of my friends who this time answered promptly. The hand was X-rayed and luckily the wounds were only flesh wounds. After the bandage was put in, my friends brought me home. Almost immediately I felt asleep.

When I woke up it was evening. Pravin had decided to stay over so was sitting next to me. It took me a while but slowly I explained him the whole thing. Though few questions I could not answer myself.

Why did it attack me? The old woman was just a form and it could reappear in the world anywhere and continue whatever work it was doing. It was not an ordinary paranormal but something really ancient and nasty. But these primitive apparitions though immortal are very slow. How could it take command over latest technologies? And who sent Dr. Shirke to help me? While I was happy to have come out unscathed in this attack, I remember the Facebook list. The woman was only fifth from the last. So what was next and why my instinct stopped me from looking further? Perhaps some other forces that were beyond me and I was thankful not to have come across them.

Other hauntings by mangadanga

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mangadanga, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Akkikad (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
After reading your stories one by one I am feeling they are not real. I don't think anyone will keep on chazing behind something that is for sure dangerous, that too one experience after another.
MadhanKumarVT (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-10)
Ha ha ha this story couldn't be more fake. I mean, come on. 😆😆
Slyester (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-21)
Hii there it was a nice story. According to me that thing was some sort of negative energy and it was immortal. You said that in facebook friends list you saw the pictures of monks who turned to the darker side may be the woman was one of them and it was too ancient perhaps a 1000 years old
You said that it said it said Gregorian chants may be she belonged to that religion and she can take any form and now also at present she can be there in any part of the world
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Wow! A great story and awesome narration.
But the logical part of my brain refuses to believe in the story.
Rohan_mhtr (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hi, you are one of my favorite writers on this forum, but this story seemed far fetched. Anyway waiting for your experiences.
Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
Dear mangadanga,

I like your story, you are a good writer but I am sure all story are fake. You just testing your writing, how readers react on your writing.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Hello there. I can't explain in words how amazing your story was. This was one of those stories which actually 'scared' me, since I am not amongst the ones who can be scared. Every sentence of your story made me even more curious to read the next. I'm really thankful to you to narrate such an experience to us. Just one thing I would like to know, earlier you mentioned that the old woman used to offer to cook during festivals, did she use to do that for strong holy ones too? Apart from this question, I don't think I have anything to ask. Reading your story really gave me a great knowledge about certain things I was unknown of. Really brave of you to fight with something way more powerful. Glad things turned towards the good way. Thank you once again.
-Shady
praman1234 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
Do you have any idea who that woman was? Does it have any name? Please let us know.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Brilliant narrative! Sent chills down my spine. I've become a huge fan of your writings. Don't ever stop writing and enlightening us.
mangadanga (13 stories) (22 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
:) Friends this is how it happened. Individually perhaps I will be able to answer the skeptical
Queries and wise cracks one can never answer. But after a certain limit there is hardly point in doing that. My intention is not to prove any point. Neither do I write for praise or criticism. Its a simple reporting of what happened. It there is complexity within the incident itself then it cannot be helped.
Ghostrider101 (4 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
alrite... The way you said that the power in your room at point of time has created an illusion... I think it was out of your control to get rid of that situation. Chanting mantras would help it to great extent which must have done the job. But the facebook story that you narrated with whom you took help who claims to be Dr Shirke... Its quite hard to digest. Anyways narration was fair enough.

GR
eminem (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
if you don't mind I had a question. You are in an illusion and you are not able to contact with the outer real world. Then how did you got that candle. And the technology was in the control of the evil and how did you logged into the face book.
you have a bright future if you give this story to the director kodi ramakrishna. And you will become a great story writer in telugu film industry. And the movie will get oscar award. 😆 😆 😆
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
Dear mangadanga,

How awesome would it be if Vikram Bhatt adopted your story into a movie instead of such stupid movies that he makes!

I sure hope you know what I mean...😉

Regards
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
mangadanga,

Thank you, you have answered the question concerning Sadhana...it's a Hindu Matra/Meditation type, or am I mistaken?

Could you please answer my other questions about the rosary beads and the candle that you say was a 'gift from a saint'? I will restate that I do not understand what Sadhana and these items have in common.

I apologize in advance for asking so many questions. Its just that your 'story' is worthy of a 'Bollywood' script and I'm not sure if I can believe it.

Respectfully,

Rook
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Nice and well narrated story. I do had one experience where Demon attacked me on back side of my head and I could also see it for the first time.

Some time our spiritual sadhanas or chants has limits and cannot be matched with powers of true evil and demons. We need to take a help of our higher positive energies

Good story... Keep posting more
Sunita (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
You sir are the best. Do you have any group in Delhi who does this kind of research. 😁
mangadanga (13 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Many have asked about what is Sadhana. There are many way of it. I will tell you what I was taught.

Basically one starts with a meditation. As one starts to grow into meditation slowly a certain amount of calmness that starts spreading over the day. This is a very pleasurable state and gives you real piece of mind. Here one had to decide whether to move further or no. The first step in Nyasa which means imagining a flame in your head and controlling it in a certain way. Next comes maha nysasa which is exactly opposite. Now the kundalini start to respond. Once this stage is reached one is ready for Sadhana, It can be concentration, chanting, focusing on certain things, trying to see in the future, destruction of evil, try to see into one self or progress further towards Samadhi. Which is the last state.

I am sorry as due to the limitation of space I cannot write further and this is a very complex topic,
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
I am curious about these "evil cults." Perhaps a small explanation would help me understand. I am also curious why anyone would tamper wth someone's shrine without proper permisson and precaution.
Riri (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Very well written. If this would have happened to me...wow...I'd still be in shock mode probably 😁

I also would like to know what "sadhana" means.
Hope your hand is doing fine by now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
mangadanga,

You have asked

"Why did it attack me?"

You answered this when you explained what you had done in the hut. The 'old lady' may have 'passed away/left her hut' what ever she did... But you erased the 'shrine' erected to whatever she had been praying to/worshiping... And from what you have shared you did not take any precautions about 'destroying it'. You simply erased it using a bit of water and your bare hand (s).

Now, I hope you do not mind if I ask some questions...

You mentioned some things that have caught my attention.

You used rosary beads and a candle from a Saint to help protect you, but you also mention 'Sadhana', is this some sort of ritual 'chant'?

I ask because I am not that familiar with Indian Culture and the fact you have mixed rosary beads/a saints candle and a Hindu Chant/Ritual and I find this very curious and would like to know more about it. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sapphire_Flames (4 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
This was scary! I wouldn't know what to do if that happened to me. You're very brave! I hope your hand is better soon! And I hope you never have another experience like this again.
RobDunmore (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
Scary and Brilliant. And complex. I am glad you survived. It's all illusion lad. But I think you should have taken the look at the next photos as well. I know about the greenish tinge. It is called "apsabella" and develops within a day if master of the property is not around. It can be done and I have seen it.
asmita_torane (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
It took me a while to read it as it is big. But what an experience and what a defense. There are very few who like this mangadanga. Spooky. This is one of the best I have read on this site so far.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: