You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Restroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Restroom

 

I have lived in Illinois in a tiny town almost all of my life since I was a very young girl. My mother and father raised my three brothers and me since we were born in that house. Now in the current day, my parents refuse to move since the house is all paid off and it was their first home as a married couple so they feel strong attachments to it.

Their house has always... Always given me creepy feelings. Sometimes I would be just fine and then it would just hit me. This creepy feeling that I felt like I was being watched but I knew that there was no one else in the room or house with me. I would tell my mother about it but she would assure me that the house wasn't evil, just a little restless.

There have been many things that have happened in my parent's house, though thankfully, I never got to experience any of the stories told to me by my mother or brothers. I believe that it was simply because of the fact that I would pray over and over to god to not allow me to witness anything scary and to send them to all go haunt my neighbour instead. At the time, I had a strong disdain my neighbour's son. So the only place in the house that never heard my pleas was mostly the restroom and my bedroom. (Bedroom can wait for another time)

At night, I would always hear my mother go to the restroom at least once. I would sometimes like to get out of bed to go to the restroom to talk to her because it was something that I loved to do because it was an excuse to get up! I recall several times through my life in which I would hear my mother's footsteps, or what I took to be my mother, go through the house and pass my room. I would hear the toilet flush so I would eagerly get out of my bed and walk to the bathroom where I expected to see her. What I didn't expect would be to see that nobody was there! I know that I was awake... And I didn't imagine the toilet flushing but this is just one story of the few occurrences that I have had.

The other time was during high school. I had a huge habit during that time to always make sure things that were meant to be closed were closed, such as closets, shower doors, windows and etc. I had just come home from school and was walking past the restroom to make my way to my room. I happened to look up and to my great annoyance saw that the mirror of the medicine cabinet was open. The reason why I knew it was open was because I could see my reflection staring back at me. It irritated me greatly so I walked back a few steps to go close it but when I went to go back... The medicine cabinet was closed! I knew I had seen myself... But now it was closed as if it was never opened! That creeped me out pretty badly...

Another time I was in the restroom and the towels on the hangars started to just swing back and forth as if someone has just brushed against them while walking by. I knew it couldn't have been the vent because they weren't on that day. My parent's whole house is creepy like that... I have more stories but this is just my personal experience that I have had with the house. I believe that it does have to do with the paranormal and when I speak about it to others my voice always shakes and breaks. My mother has always said that your mind is like a on and off switch. If you want to see it you can... And if you don't, you won't be able to. Since I refused to want to experience the things my other family members have, I do believe that is why I only experienced only small things.

Other hauntings by Lavenders

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lavenders, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

flamingschizoid (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
This is a cool story. However I truly believe that those who actually see a spirit or experience something really over the top in reference to the paranormal were meant to do so for whatever reason.
Lavenders (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
XD I wish it could be active somewhere else then lol.

I thankfully no longer live there anymore...

And as for my parents... They refuse to move out even though my dad doesn't like paranormal things. House is already paid off and they've invested a lot in it to do expansions and remodeling.

Speaking of which... I have a story about the mirror in the new bathroom they made too lol...
spooky277 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
wow hopefully your parents move out of there soon enough I'm crossing fingers for you 😢 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Have had the towel thing happen to me too after my mother passed. Mirrors are funny things and so is sunlight on reflective surfaces but if you said the cabinet was open I will take your word for it. My last house had a vibe all it's own and I had some weird things happen there. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, and your mother's expression of restless is probably true. Doesn't mean it's evil, just active.
ceso11 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
well at least you were strong and didn't freak out like I did screaming crying all that jazz! Stay strong 😊
Ayran (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Wow. Keep praying!

My suggestion would be to turn on the "switch" and see if you could see anything, then try to talk to it? Lol I've lived in haunted houses all my life and I just talk to the ghosts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: