You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Ghostly Saga

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Saga

 

I have had numerous occurrences throughout my life. I will tell you when it all began.

I was about 12 years old, living in Corpus Christi, TX. I was actually home alone, when this first occured. I was watching a movie on TV, and I kept seeing this misty thing go by in the corner of my eye on the opposite side of the living room. It was going towards the hallway entrance. Every time I would look up at it, it would disappear. This happened the whole time I sitting there. I just shrugged it off as my eyes playing tricks on me. Didn't think anything of it and really didn't talk about it. Thinking it was a ghost never occurred to me, for this was something our family never talked about not like we do today.

Nothing happened to my knowledge until I was about 14, my younger sister and I were up late watching music videos on TV around 11:30ish pm (this was when MTV first came out). As we were watching TV, the buzzer on the stove went off (now mind you this is in the early 80s, and the only way the buzzer to be turned on or off, is by turning it.) No one had cooked anything since dinner and that was 5 hour prior to the buzzer going off. Again, being in the early 80s, these particular buzzers can only be set for an hour. It freaked us both out, because we didn't know how or why it went off. We honestly thought someone came into our house. We did manage to shut off the buzzer; looked out the backdoor window and made sure the door was locked. Then ran back into the living room to finish watching music videos. Nothing else happened that night.

This time I was 16, and for several weeks, my dog seargant kept barking at nothing in the middle of the night, I would get after him to stop barking. There were no other dogs in the neighbourhood barking. One night after coming home from work I was in my bed studying a bit for a test, then went to sleep (or tried to). As soon as I lay down, my bed started shaking very lightly. I sat up, looked around the room, under the bed, nothing. I pushed it off as thinking I was moving my foot causing the bed to shake. I do that from time to time, and not realizing my foot is moving. Anyways, I was still a little spooked, so when I lay back down, I pulled the covers up to my chin, and faced the wall. Because if someone was in my room, I didn't want to see them. Just when I was about to fall asleep, I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I got up out of bed and ran to my mom's room. I told her someone or something touched me and I thought it was a ghost. Mom didn't believe me until she mentioned this to my brother (I was sleeping in his old room). My brother and one of my older sisters both backed me up and said they had seen a ghost many times in this house. I didn't sleep in my room for over 3 weeks, I was really scared.

I decided I was going to take my room back, and told the "ghost" that this is my room, you leave me alone. It's ok if you are here, but quit trying to scare me. I did not have any problems after that. HOWEVER... My ghostly saga does continue many years later (and still do to this day) ... That's for another time.

Other hauntings by bozoe6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bozoe6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Wow I never thought of just telling a ghost to back off before. I wish I had did that like five minuites ago...
bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Biemaster,
The lights were on while watching the movie. As for earthquakes... I lived in South Texas... We don't have earthquakes there. Hurricanes and thunderstorms, but no earthquakes. I really thought it was me moving the bed. I do shake my foot a lot and not really noticed me doing so. 😉
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Hi bozoe6 and thanks for sharing your story with us! Loved your story!

Regarding your experience, I have a few questions to ask. First of all, when you were watching tv, were the lights in your living room on or off? That's because sometimes if the lights are off, then your eyes can really play tricks on you. And second of all, when your bed shook, it could've been an earthquake? As for the tapping on your shoulder, can't explain that! Anyways, best of luck and hope the spirit doesn't bother you again!

Biemaster 😁
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Wrong page the thing switched on me 0.0 oh well. I can relate a bit to your story though. Whenever I am at home reading I will sometimes see something out of the corner of my eye go past the window really fast sometimes it will stand there until I turn my head really fast to look at it then it leaves before I see it. I always liked to believe it was an angle checking on me or (even though I don't believe in him) Santa seeing if I am being good or bad =P never thought of it as a ghost. Sometimes I did but then I shook it off.
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Eh sounds like from what you describe, "The reaper of souls" AKA: The Grim Reaper. But usually he only comes if someone is about to die or that person that he is stalking is about to die. Never heard of him trying to get someone to kill other people. I myself am a christian, try to go to a christian church if there is one near. Or get a cross they say it repels vampires maybe it will work for demons too. Also carry a pocket bible or something with you just in case he comes back.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Wow I wish I had siblings like that my brother would have told me I'm crazy.
Good job telling it to go away. Well keep us up dated. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: