You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Real Ghost Stories

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

 

If you've read my previous stories then you will know I have heard and seen some odd things and have a strange feeling about my house, but this has to be one of scariest and downright creepiest things that has happened to me yet!

It happened on the 22nd of August (four weeks ago on Saturday) at around 4pm in the afternoon. The rest of my family had gone food shopping and left me in the house on my own. The one thing I had to do was keep my bedroom door open so I could hear if the doorbell or phone rang. So I did as I was told and left my door open and the rest of my family went out.

About an hour later I started to hear one of the creepiest things I've ever heard. A person was whistling tunelessly just outside my bedroom door. I sat there listening, not able to move from fear, and about a minute later I heard the tuneless whistling shift into twinkle twinkle little star. The whistling was slow, but quite loud and was definitely the pitch of an adult male. I sat there for about five more minutes until I finally plucked up the courage to slowly and silently walk towards my door and slam it shut. My family arrived home about half an hour later.

As usual I have considered all possible explanations for the whistling. My mum said it could be a bird whistling, but that is entirely impossible. All the windows were shut, and how could a bird whistle twinkle twinkle little star? Another explanation my mum gave me was it was someone outside whistling and the sound was echoing into the house, and like I said before this can't be possible as all the windows were shut. At the time I was on my laptop and it was on mute.

What is really scaring me is the fact that all the encounters that I've had with the paranormal in my house have been around my bedroom door or actually in my bedroom.

Thank you for reading my story and I'd appreciate any other explanations for what has happened, or any similar stories and what you did about it.

Other hauntings by lolzy_34

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lolzy_34, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pianoguitarsing333 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
creepy. That is very creepy. Have you considered going to a psychic or medium to see if there was anyone ever in your house that had died? Plus, did the whistling and other things seem human? Or demonic?
bradynikole (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
I had the same thing happen to me, after my fiance exwife died we were living in the trailer they lived in after we remodeled it we started hearing whisteling like if a man whould whistle to a pretty woman passing by, it was soo freaky I made him sell the trailer, would tell you the whole story y the page is down so I can't take care and be safe ❤
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
That is very odd. And very creepy. 😐 Thank goodness you didn't see anything; It's a horrible feeling being home alone. I jump at any sound; but that's just paranoid old me. XD 'It' seems quite harmless but keep posting!
Best of luck

Xoxo
Ari
lolzy_34 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Syeetaque: I think I will try telling it to leave thanks for the suggestion

Vicuttie: I don't know if anyone has died in the house but as I said in my last story this house has had 10 previous owners which is the most in the row of houses I live in (my house is only 40 years old)

Jackashton: Thats something to consider about the trickester
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
It is possible for sound to do strange things and tavel great distances, your mum might be correct. It could also have been a trickster, playing on the fear you have of your house. Remember a ghost cannot harm you, think of it as a recording, an Image from the past. Do not worry, Jack 😊
FATMIKED518 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
at my old house, there was a ghost in the attic where my room was. It whistled a tune real low when my tv or stereo was muted. And a few times it sounded like it was just sitting by me and then got up and walked away. One time it hacked, and then jumped down the stairs. It was walking around. But I didn't mind it, because the other spirit that shared the house was actually mean.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Wow that's very creepy. Did somebody die in your house? Do you know anyone who died recently?

Tori ❤
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Your story got me whistling. Cool story. I love these ghosts, they never do anything to harm you.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Hey there... I think you were lucky not to see anything... There's a saying in Malay that if you hear, smell or see something out of the ordinary, never mention about it on the spot, and they will leave you alone... And never show your fear... Just let it be, unless it really has started to harm or hurt you in any way... Or you can tell it to leave... Usually, they will...
Stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: