You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Dog's Creepy Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Dog's Creepy Shadow

 

This is a very short experience that my grand mother had. My mom told this after I grew up a little. My father bought an MIG flat in 1981 in a locality still under construction in my home town. At that time, that area was just like a jungle. Today it is well developed and posh, and one who had seen it during construction will not be able to believe that this is the same colony which was like a jungle.

So when my father bought the house, that locality was still developing but my family had already shifted. I.e. My mom, dad, grandmother, elder brother and elder sister. I was not born that time. My grandmother was reluctant to move because it was deserted with other nearby houses still under construction. Anyway they all got shifted.

So it was night time and my grandmother was in the kitchen. The kitchen window was open. The tube light in the kitchen was ON, and its light was being spread on the ground outside the window. There were no houses nearby as most of them were still under construction. So it was just plain ground with little sand, bricks, dry grass etc outside.

Now my grandmother was doing something facing the window when she saw a dog walk on the ground. The only source of light was the kitchen tube light that was falling on the dog making his shadow on the other side.

Something my grand mom saw freaked her out and she shouted like hell. My mom who was in the other room came running. My grandmother was bold and so did not face any difficulties telling what she saw. By the time my mother came to the kitchen, the dog had already gone past window so my mom could not see anything.

But my grandmother informed that what passed by the window was a dog but his shadow was of a human!

My mother could not believe and told it could be that due to sand and bricks, the dog's shadow appeared distorted. However, my grand mom retorted that she was wearing her glasses, the light was going very clearly outside the window from the kitchen and hence the dog's shadow was very dark to be mistaken. It was definitely a human shadow formed by a dog's body. There was no other human presence nearby the window as it was night time so no possibility of any other human forming the shadow behind the dog.

Also as the dog moved, the shadow moved with him, so no possibility that it was grandmother's shadow herself.

After this creepy vision, they immediately closed the window.

Now the locality is well developed and we have not encountered any further such experiences in that locality.

Other hauntings by Anjali

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anjali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-09)
unfortunately this story will never have its answers. Whatever was it, is long gone now.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Oh, my! Creepy! I agree with some of them here, it could have been possessed by a human. Really strange story. Was it more or less perfectly human or distorted, shapeless human kind of shadow?

Rockangel13
chicken (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Wait, what do you mean "it looked human?"
What features of the shadow made it seem human?

Also, what kind of a dog waas it? If the light and the dog were at an angle, couldn't it make its shadow look human?
debasish (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
That is right. Good spirits usually never take the form of any animal.
Remember the famous novelist sri Bibhuti Bhusan's 'Aranayak' where description of a white dog under the cot of the poor farmer's son which transformed into a lady with white sari was narrated by the chap who ultimately died one night when tried to follow her. Eventually it is worth mentioning that the writer was out and out a strong believer in spiritualism.
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
yes there was definitely something inside that dog or that itself was not a dog but something else.
Cooperdoo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
That's very creepy. I have heard that demons can sometimes posses animals or morf to the shape of an animal. We have experience with ghost pets, not demons.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: