You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Wedding Turned Into Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Wedding Turned Into Nightmare

 

I recently visited my home city and met some of my close friends. One of them recently got married. We will call him Amit and his wife Rina. We were sitting chatting and recalling our old memories. I asked them how was the wedding and how everything went fine when they told me this hair raising incident that happened during their wedding.

They had hired a big mansion for all the events and celebrations. Rina's family side was staying in the mansion while Amit's family was staying in their own house. Rina was from a differnt town hence all her family side had come to Amit's town for the wedding. Amit's town was a small remote town a couple of hundred miles from our main city.

Rina's father and her two brothers were sleeping in one room. The lights were off. The door was just shut but not locked. Anyone from outside can push the door to come inside and so anyone from inside can simply pull the door and go outside. Suddenly at around midnight, Rina's father started screaming in his highest pitch. Rina told that he was screaming at such a high pitch that the security guard who was far away from the mansion at the outside gates could clearly hear the screams and ran towards the mansion room for help. Not to mention her two brothers woke up shocked and failing to understand what's going on.

Rina's father was completely awake actually fighting with something or someone. He was fighting in his full strength. Like if someone climbs on you with all his weight and tries to strangle you or beat you etc, how you will protest? Similarly, her father was moving his both hands and legs with full force and all strength possible to fight off what had come upon him. Interestingly, her father could see the ghost face to face while continuing his fighting but Rina's two brothers could not see anything. The lights were not switching on. The door would not open. They tried helping their father but could not do much as they could not see what to fight with. They could not calm him either while he continued his fight and screams.

All other relatives sleeping in other rooms had already woken up by the screams and gathered outside the door along with the security guard, only to fail to open the door. They all were panicked by hearing the terrible screams of Rina's father. Finally one of Rina's brothers inside the room switched on his mobile which resulted in little bit light in the room. Suddenly the pressure went off Rina's father's body and he calmed down slowly. The lights came on at this point and they were able to easily open the door too. Rina's father was sweating badly. They tried to ask him what was going on but he could not speak. The security guard looked shocked and angry. He demanded to know why they had slept in that particular room. To this, Rina's brother told him that the receptionist gave them keys to this room. The security guard looked very angry. He said "how can such a big mistake happen? The entire town knows about this mansion that this particular room should always remain locked and nobody should use it. How this receptionist committed such a grave mistake?"

Everyone was left shocked hearing this. They asked why such is the case. The guard narrated that a suicide had happened in the room. He also told that it is not sure whether that was a suicide or a murder because there was rivalry between two businessmen and one of them was found dead in the room (so possibility is that the other businessman got him killed). The mansion was famous for organising weddings but since some small incidents post this murder/suicide happened, the room was left locked not to be used by anyone.

After Rina narrated this to me, I thought that was it. But no, there was more. Rina told me that after the wedding, her family went back to their town which was almost 500 miles from Amit's town. Her father saw that same ghost there also in their house once. This means the ghost followed him!. Many prayers and rituals were done to get rid off the ghost to bring her father back to normal. He could not sleep for three months! Out of fear and mental disturbance also because he again saw the ghost in his house. Sounds too much but that's what Rina told me. I asked how is her father now (its almost 1.5 years since the incident). She said he is fine and the ghost has not reappeared.

She said after her father was coming back to normal, he narrated what had happened that night. He was sleeping when this ghost suddenly attacked him in full force. He could clearly see it was a man as solid as a normal being trying to reach his neck. Rina's father was wearing a Hanuman ji's locket. In Hinduism, Hanuman ji is known as a very powerful demigod by simply taking whose name, spirits get ward off. Rina's father told, the ghost was attacking his neck trying to get rid off the locket and he was even shouting at her father to take the locket out (perhaps because he himself was not able to touch it). Interestingly no one else in the room could hear the ghost's shouts except her father. Thankfully the ghost did not succeed and it appears Rina's father was saved by the locket.

When asked what the ghost looked like, her father did not tell much. Perhaps he was too scared to recall that horrible face? But he said that it was a man. Eventually this ghost cost Rina's father half his health and body weight. Yes, Rina told her father was quite healthy when he came for the wedding but after this incident he very quickly lost almost half his weight in next couple of months. Though he is fine now.

I never had a chance to come across anyone experiencing such a POWERFUL ghost ever. I found my hair raising at its end when Rina narrated this experience to me.

Other hauntings by Anjali

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anjali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Gosh, scary! Am glad he is alright now and hasn't seen that violent wreck of a ghost! And thank God (Hanuman) that he had a holy locket on! Scary story... Take care.

Rockangel13
ucantseeme (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
This should be a sleep paralysis combined with some ghost dream
Hitman (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Dear sister anjali.i'm not agree with the statement by bhupi. Evil powers cann't equal god. I overcame bad spirits by remaining chaste and reciting hanuman chalisa and maha mritinjay mantra daily. It 100% works
bhupi26rana (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Dear anjali

I would like to share some information god and evil have equal power... God power is in day time and evil power rise in dark time... Evil are most powerful on amavsya its very difficult to face them on this days, by your narration evil was powerful but your friend dad face him wid solid heart... There is 2 reason may your friend dad is until alive

1. There was holy locket of hanumanji
2. As I told you evil power rise in dark time... As your friend brother light up mobile light evil power get low

So these may be a reason of your friend dad is still alive your friend dad sud thankful too hanumanji and that mobile light
Hades666 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Thanks for sharing your story Anjali, it was really interesting. Strange to say a similar incident happened to my unkce while we were over his house for Christmas in 2005, but that's a different story.
Love your story 😊
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Hi Anjali,
Thanks for this wonderful spine tingling story, It was LORD HANUMAN who saved Rita's Father life, I may be right or wrong but I believe that the ghost was not trying to kill her father but he was trying to possess over his body. Just like to inform that LORD HANUMAN is not DEMIGOD but a GOD. Thanks God Bless you all.
krish22 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
jai hanuman jai anjeneya jai maruthi jai vaayu deva jai sri raam
Siddhantgautam86 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Hey anjali! Your stories are very nice actually scary! I like them all...

This comment from darkQueen is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

charomy8 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Very scary, I too am glad her father is O.K. Now, and everybody else too.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Wow, it must've been a scary experience. I wonder why it didn't go after the her two brothers though?
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Thanks all for the comments. Miss_pachia, people in India are generally very religious. Like CHristians wear cross, we wear Hanuman ji's locket or similar lockets to keep our gods close to our heart always.
miss_pachia (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Why do people wear locket for? Is it like to keep a ghost or demon away?
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Remind me not to visit India -- different kind of ghosts there!
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Wow, I'm glad he is ok now, and thank God he was wearing that locket:)

Claudia
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
This is really interesting, I have never heard anything like this before. I hope he never sees that ghost again. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: