You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

My Shadow Man

 

I've mentioned in my previous posting "Shy Footsteps" that I'd started to wake up in the night to find a shadow man in the corner of my bedroom just watching me. Well, this did occur quite often until I moved in with my husband. My husband travels a lot due to his job, so I'd be home alone quite often. For a while it was almost as if I'd lost my shadow man. Then, all of a sudden, he popped back up while my other half was gone, and then was there every night after. Instead of in the corner of the room, he would now stand against the wall on my side of the bed (the bed was situated in the middle of the room). Never approaching nearer, just watching. I remember that I smiled and waved the first time I saw him again after the initial shock wore off. After that, if my husband was home I'd just smile and go to sleep, otherwise I'd say "goodnight". We've since moved again, and I haven't seen him...

Also in this same apartment, whenever I was home alone during the day, I would hear the kitchen faucet run full force. Of course I'd go in to check, and it'd be off, and not a drop in the sink. Every once in a while I would hear sounds as if someone was going through stuff (like an angry teenager trying to clean their room) in the guest room. Once again, I'd go to see what the deal was, and no one would be there, not a thing out of place. My husband swears that he'd never noticed anything, but he's a huge baby when it comes to the unknown, so maybe he chose not to notice!

Other hauntings by EireRaven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EireRaven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
I admire your sense of calm in these types of situations.:) Although, I have had my run-ins with friendly spirits and have found myself quite calm, so perhaps, like you say, this is a very friendly spirit who knows you well. What a nice thought.:)
EireRaven (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Hope - I'm not really a confrontational type of person, so I wasn't going to try to upset what ever it was!:) Also, as I mentioned, I didn't feel threatened by it. My husband never saw it.
Jazzeyjay - You know, I started to wonder the same, and tried to meditate on it on several occasions. Beyond getting a strong feel for exactly that, I drew a blank. I almost got the feeling that it didn't want me to dwell on the past. Thanks for the tip; I'll definitely keep that in mind!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
This shadow man sounds like he might be someone you knew in a past life and he is watching over you and protecting you. That is so weired how he found you after you moved. He may have been your husband or some other family member in a past life. He sounds like he knows you and feels like you should know him as well.

Have you ever considered past life regression therapy? It would be interesting to see what comes out. I don't know if Guardian Angels show themselves as dark shadows or not. I've never heard of them doing so. I've always heard of them as bright lights or as a bright silhouette.

Might be worth checking into. God bless you in your search. Sounds like you've gotten used to having him around and he certainly sounds harmless.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
And here's that second part of the story I was looking for. Seems like I should finish reading all the stories before I post. I like how when you saw the shadow man again you just smiled an waved, not a lot of people would do such a thing. Good thing he went away though, I'm sure your husband would have never gotten used to this shadow man. Thanks for sharing.

-Hope

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: