You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bump In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Bump In The Night

 

This is my second story and it happened only last week.

Myself and my partner had been staying at his folks due to our bathroom being refurbished. They live in a big old house which used to be a nursing home back in the day. It's been renovated and added on to, but the main part is still the same as it was originally.

Well, we were staying in one of the spare rooms they now have. This particular room is very big and also when it is nighttime, very very dark, as there are no street lights where they live in the Sussex countryside. You cannot see your own hand in front of your face kind of dark. The room has three single beds and we were to sleep separately (which was kind of nice for change, having your own space in bed!)

On the first night I went to sleep relatively early as I'd had a long day at work. In the middle of the night I woke up, completely wide awake, for no apparent reason. I NEVER do this. I sleep like a log. As it was pitch dark in the room I tried to pool my senses and work out exactly what had caused me to wake up in this manner. It felt like something had shocked me awake, but as it was totally black I could not see a thing. I lay there collecting myself together, thinking how odd it was that I'd just jumped awake like that, when I felt something nudge the end of the bed. Now bear in mind that this is a big room and my other half was asleep in another bed to my right - the bed was definitely nudged from my left side. It felt for all the world like someone had just walked into the end of the bed! It was a very small single bed too so I could feel it very clearly. I sat up, trying to see a foot in front of me, to no avail. I felt like something was just there at the end of the bed.

Then the really creepy part happened. I distinctly heard a woman's voice talking to me... It was definitely in the room. I could not make out exactly what she was saying, but she was talking to me and she said my name. In my confusion I didn't know what to do. Sat up in bed I could not remember the layout of the room, so I didn't get out of bed - I was not that brave this time! I just lay down and turned in the direction of my partner's bed and called for him. When he did not respond, I lay in bed listening to this voice. It sounded like a very high pitched woman's voice, quite a pleasant voice but not in this situation! Eventually, I must have fallen asleep again - god knows how, but it was all a bit confusing being in complete darkness.

The next morning I told my partner's mum about this and she said she sometimes saw things out of the corner of her eye in that room. I also eventually told my partner, who is a right skeptic. To my amazement he told me that when he was younger he stayed in that room for 2 years and had sleep paralysis every night and would see a tall thin black figure standing at the end of his bed. That really freaked me out as I remembered the end of bed being bumped.

We stayed the rest of the week in another room with no more occurrences, but I kept most of my things in the first room and every time I went in there I felt something, I can't say exactly what, but it felt like being watched.

Other hauntings by Wednesday

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wednesday, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Now this is a very good story, because some of this stories here is just not true, but this one is exelent.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
This story gave me chills. My bedroom growing up was dark like that and though I never had a paranormal experience, I was always creeped out in the total blackness. 😨
FallenBeauty (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
i have had a similar experience but the entity did not communicate with me I have posted the experience "who or what was it" should have a read and let me know what you think
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
Wow, that must of been terribly creepy. A similar thing happened to my grandfather. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: