You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Still Get Chills Thinking About It

Real Ghost Stories

I Still Get Chills Thinking About It

 

My boyfriend and I (now husband) began renting a house from my in-laws back in 2001. It was their first home back in the 70s. Before we ever moved in, I had an odd feeling from the house, and didn't want to give up our apartment, but I did. Everything was fine and in 2003 we had a son. Shortly after, my husband got a job working the night shift. After a couple of months I started to feel this sensation that somebody was watching me, but paid no attention.

One day as I went to the kitchen to make my son a bottle I saw that the ceiling fan light in the patio was on. I went outside and turned it off, came back in the house, looked out the window and it was on again. I figured I didn't pull the chain hard enough so I went outside again and turned it off, came back in and it was on again. I repeated this once more, before I finally gave up and left the light on. (Thinking it was electrical issues) I knew nobody could have possibly been in the backyard as it was fenced in, and we had 2 pit-bull dogs in the back.

A couple of days later I was watching TV in the living room, and I got up to give my son a bath. When I come back the living room TV was off. The TV has a little door that has all the buttons hidden and it was open. This happened every time I would leave the living room. So I got to the point where I would stay in my room. Here is the icing on the cake.

One day I was watching TV and heard a knock on the door, I saw a shadow so I went to get my husband who was outback with my brother. The house wasn't very big, but by the time my husband got to the door, nobody was there. My brother had cut through the driveway and said he didn't see anyone leaving the house and when he went to the end of the sidewalk he didn't see anyone walking. They said I was going crazy. But as soon as they went back outside, I was sitting on the couch when a throw pillow flew off the couch. I just froze and then I picked the pillow up, dusted it off and put it back on the couch. I got to where every night I would tell the ghost not to bother my son or me. We just wanted to have a good night's sleep and meant him or her no harm.

I prayed religiously every night, and when I would hear the keys to the front door I was relieved that my husband was home. Every chance I got, I would leave the house and go to my moms, as this only happened to me, never to my husband. I even got holy water from our church and sprinkled it around the house while I said a prayer.

In 2004 my husband and I got married, and two months later we bought a house and moved out. It wasn't until months later that I told my husband of my experience. I told my story to my in-laws and they told me they never experienced anything. Luckily to this date, I haven't anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rocket79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
I bet you're relieved that this spirit that was bothering you didn't follow you to your new home! That would have been awful! Good story, Rocket79! 😊
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
i once read an account of a couple with a new baby having a problem with a spirit bother the baby. The mother realized that when they prayed for the baby there would be no problems. But on any night they forgot to do so, there might be another encounter.

I think you may well be right that you prayed "religiously" every night and that is why the problem stopped.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
At least whatever was going on didn't seem harmful. How odd nobody else saw or heard things... But I guess that's how it is sometimes.

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: