You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something At A Friend's House

Real Ghost Stories

Something At A Friend's House

 

This story just came to mind again out of the blue so I thought I would share it.

About a year ago now I'd say, a few buddies and I were drinking having a good time at one buddy's house. The buddy who's house we were at got telling me how sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night and sees what he thinks is a pair of eyes peering at him from the corner of his bedroom in the basement.

Not until recently did I start putting it together; his parents were renovating the basement when this was going on, and I thought it might be the renovation stirring something up.

Anyway I'd say a month or so after hearing this, he and another friend had another story. They were in the computer room watching south park videos on the internet, when all of a sudden a shelf door, held closed by magnets swung open violently, and pictures began flying off of the shelf and then it slammed closed, smashing the glass on the door and knocking a picture off the wall. This freaked me out and I never felt quite the same again when I would be in that room.

A couple weeks later we decided to go into that room to watch some videos. About half way through the video the computer monitor turned off then back on and the computer turned off, and the lights in the room went out. Being mildly frightened we left the room to find all the rest of the rooms in the house weren't affected and that all was fine. Other people were in the house watching TV and what not, and the power didn't go out anywhere else.

I hadn't spoken with that friend for a while until about a month ago. We kind of just lost touch. Anyway he started asking if he had told me about the ghost in his house and I said yea, remember the whole computer room incident and the other stories you have told me. He said "oh yea. Well it's back man. I will fall asleep with my TV and lights and computer all left on sometimes, and every time when I wake up in the morning they will be shut off. When I ask everyone else in the house if they had been in my room the night before they all say no."

I had joked saying "haha it's an energy efficient ghost", but he didn't seem to find it very funny.

I'm interested to go over one night and see what we can stir up. But at the same time very hesitant, as it has done violent things in the past.

Other hauntings by Gman003

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gman003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Haha, oh man. "Energy efficient ghost." That's classic man. 😆
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
At times it's good to ease your mind... I do it also and it seems to help not to get bothered by my own ghost. You know what I mean. I say to myself that I won't let it disturb my high also and to tell you the truth... It actually helps.
I liked your story and soon I'll post my experiencess, but for tha mean time I'll just hang around this site and read others.
mcnutts
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Hmm maybe someone stayed in that house earlier try to investigate about the past of thata house and specially that ROOM if possible take some pictures of that room and upload it here... Would love to help you.

God bless you ❤
Gman003 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
haha and that post showed my true colours with school! Yea, I'm not the greatest when it comes to education... Lol but smartening up. And if you are thinking wtf is this guy on, why does he keep ranting? This guy is stooooned to the max right now.
Gman003 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Yea oh I'm not afraid. Just real curious but its just been a whole life thing not talking to him lately... You know how things go. Like he's a buddy, but not as close as a couple years ago type thing. That was back when I was still in school and what not. Now life has just kind of become... I don't know, normal lol. Not a thousand friends always hanging out you know. More like, focusing on finishing education (Needed badly at this age of my life!) and trying to get into some places full time to start supporting my self... You know, life things.
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Don't be scared, how do you think he feels 24/7.
Be a pal and spend time in that house.
Not only will you face your fears, but your friend will know that your by his side.
Maybe the ghost don't like foul sites. Try watcthing cartoons in that room and see what happens.
Whatever it is might not like what new surroundings they are in, just like a blind one in a home and then someone moves a coffee table or the forks and spoons are in adifferent spots, well this type of stuff (renovations) triggers things like this and he needs to find out what it wanted.
Does the other members experience anything out of the ordinary or just in his presense (your PAL)?
Find out things about the house and geography of the homestead and tell your friend... I'm here for you, if you really are.
Other than that, ask him if anything else has happened, it's good to joke about it, but try to keep in mind that you also experienced this entity and thank GOD that it has not followed you.
Don't get me wrong... I still want you to experiment or at least let your friend know about the cartoons on the computer and what not. My computer turns off and on on its own also, but my house is being spooked also, not as bad, but still being spooked.
That's why I said be a PAL and understand that I know what it's like to joke about it because I also joke around on my experiences, because I like the feedback from my friends.
They know my house is being spooked, but they still come around regaurdless of the experiencess.
Besides we smoke and drink and we laugh at the occurrebcess and point at each other and what not.
Also show no fear and THE ENTITY WILL RESPECT YOU, (the living), YOU.
You have what they desire and BAD vibes brings BAD stuff.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: