You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Childhood House - Putting Pieces Together

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood House - Putting Pieces Together

 

From the age of 5 to 12 years old, my family lived in a house that was probably between 75 - 100 years old. This story is about that house.

Last night my brother and I had been reminiscing on the old times at our old house. We had been talking about the little things and he brought up how he thought there was a ghost in the house. I too had felt this all the time, like being watched I guess is the best way to describe it.

We shared a bedroom because we were young. I remembered and brought up a memory of one Christmas morning when my brother had claimed 'Santa' came and touched on the head and whispered "Merry Christmas". He is younger than me, so he believed it at the time. Stated that maybe it was that ghost that mom had told us about" (she went to a psychic and he said a bunch of things that were very real to our family. She had snuck in a cassette recorder so she could record what he said. He had brought up this old man who had passed who liked to stay in the upstairs part of our house, but sometimes would walk around throughout the house. She hadn't said anything prior to her seeing him. My brother pondered for a couple of minutes and said "Dude, now that you say that... It could have actually been it. From what I remember the hand was very cold and it wasn't very loud and it sounded like a real old man".

That then sparked his mind about another time when we were in our beds, and we were talking about something and he said "look, there are indents in the carpet..." We had what were like shaggy carpets. He continued saying that I didn't believe him and he got down onto the floor and touched the two indents on the carpet, and they then went away. It took me a while, probably 10-20 minutes... But trying to remember all those years back it came back to me, not very vividly but enough to know what he meant. I remembered I saw indents in our room other times, but I didn't think anything of it. I was a kid; ghosts weren't something I thought about.

Our mom had said she always heard footsteps on the stairs (you could tell when someone was coming down them, very creaky). She too had the sense she was being watched. She says there were a bunch of nights that one of my sister's toys would just go off in the middle of the night, she would come upstairs to look and the three of us would be asleep.

One of our dressers had been tipped over on top of my brother one time as well, and he still doesn't know why, he was standing there walking up to it and it all of a sudden tipped over. It was a pretty heavy thing too so it's not like wind could have knocked it over.

Just thought I would share this story too.

Other hauntings by Gman003

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gman003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gman003 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
hey I don't have all the details... Maybe he did but just didn't say anything. Lol

Either way its all true. My experiences and such.
Actually I have another one coming up, but not for a little while. Going to have to go to my aunts house again first after hearing that my little 4 year old cousin can see this so called "freddy" in their house according to my aunt. Points him out all the time but my aunt can't see anything she says so who knows... Little kids imagination, or a spirit. I want to find out though for sure.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Funny, how the psychic can tell you guys about your house, but he doesn't know that your mom was recording him lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: