You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Volunteer To See A Ghost. Anyone?

Real Ghost Stories

Volunteer To See A Ghost. Anyone?

 

My 6th sense, as most would call it, has been active for as long as I can remember. My mom said that I got it from her as she got hers from my grandmother. She said that this 'gift' runs in her side of her family. It doesn't bug me really- perhaps, I got used to it? I don't really know. Nevertheless, I only see them and feel them. I don't hear or talk to them or anything of that kind. But there was this experience that made me realize and prove the saying: 'If there's a will, there's a way'.

It was the end of the first semester in my school, and the enrolment for the second just started. Just as any other semestral breaks, mine was awfully BORING. I had nothing to do for 2 weeks and since the typhoon that hit our country, it made it 3. I only had the chance to kill my boredom by reviewing for my examinations and by playing games on facebook. Eventually, when my exams were done, and semestral break was officially on, I was yet again, dying with boredom and found myself broke. Luckily, I received a text message from a friend, asking if I would want to volunteer as students' assistant for the enrolment- since my school decided to adopt an online system for enrolment, they would definitely need a task force to help assist students. I readily agreed as I thought of the allowance I would get and the couple of hours that would be removed from staying at home. He was rather grateful and asked me to start the following day.

The next morning, I got ready and eventually, was assigned in my school's computer laboratory. Since it was the first day, only a handful of students decided to enrol. After a few hours, I was again bored. There were undeniably less students and less work. After a few more hours of hoping and waiting, I then found myself in front of one of the computers and surfing the net. Just like the other volunteers, I chose my own place and minded my own business.

I sat in a corner where all but one of the computers was working. My monitor was facing the door behind which was rather perfect as I would be able to see who enters and assist them right away. I was viewing my multiply account- my account has all its contents at the centre and its sides were pitch black, so everything behind me was reflected on the screen. I was about to click on one of my contacts when I saw the door open. I looked into the side of the monitor to see if it was a student and I saw a woman about my age, walk in. Assured that it was a student, I stood up. But as I turned to face the door, I saw no one. Puzzled by the strange happening, I turned to sit down again and as I turned on to reach the mouse, I saw, at the corner of my eye, the monitor beside me, turn on. I ignored it, as I assumed that the person behind the servers turned it on-, as it is the only way to turn the computers on and off. I continued looking through pictures and leaving comments. It was then that I heard the keys of the keyboard of that computer 'click' as if someone was typing. I was overwhelmed with what I was seeing at that time that I had no strength to speak, neither stand nor look away. I watched the cursor of the word processor as it ran across the screen and left behind letters to which I think was a message. My will to not complete reading the message was stronger than that invisible force which was holding me before so I turned away and tried hard to ignore and continue with my business, convincing myself that my mind is just playing with me. For a second, the 'clicking' of the keyboard stopped.

"Perhaps I was right. This darn mind is playing with me again." I said after a few seconds. But I was wrong. As I thought of all this in my head, I saw in the corner of my eye, something moving. I tried to ignore it but as I was about to, something was on my arm. It was rather cold and kind of heavy. I had no guts to look at my left side, but there was this force- I don't know if that was an instinct, curiosity or the real deal- that made me turn. What I saw shocked everything out of me. There I saw a woman, holding my left arm, wearing jeans and a shirt, looking straight at me with empty eyes. I was about to recover from the fear I felt when I saw her jeans, covered with blood on the lower portion. I managed to budge and remove her hand away from my arm but she didn't seem to care. She then slowly turned to the monitor. Just then, my body kind of understood and looked at the direction she was looking at and there, I saw this on the computer: "Help. Need it. Help" That little trick did it. I gathered all courage and ran to the desk of the computer lab where the technicians and all other people in charge in there were.

They all looked at me as shocked as I was. I asked the head technician if he turned the computer beside me on. He said he didn't. I asked if anyone of them saw a girl walk inside. Again, they said no. Tears were building up on the side of my eyes as I tried to tell them the story.

All the other volunteers came to the desk right then and were as confused as any one of us were. All of us were puzzled and were bending our minds to thinking and explaining what I saw. Just then, a janitor walked in.

He over heard us from the rows of computers he was cleaning and apparently, he knew and could explain what happened. "That girl you saw" he said, "was Kate. She was a working student of this laboratory 3 years ago. She was then a scholar of this institution and the only way she could pay for her rent and some bills, was to work for this school. She was a very good-looking college student and very courteous to everyone. One day, she decided to go overtime as she herself, was doing her project. Apparently, she wasn't alone. The head lab technician decided to be left behind as well by his other officemates. Kate was not aware however, that that lab technician has always been admiring her since she started working here. After a few more hours, she was finished with her project and decided to go to the front desk and have it printed. Upon reaching the desk, the head lab technician grabbed her and raped her right then and there. After which, he killed the poor girl by beating her and tying her feet so tight that she bled out. Afraid of the consequences, the lab technician killed himself as well as he drove afar from the building. Kate's spirit however stayed. Since she died, the computer she last used never went on, no matter what the technicians do. " The janitor then went on to the computer and opened the documents saved. The computer's operating system was pretty vintage- as seen by the resolution of the monitor. The janitor then opened this document with the file name: "Till death". The staff with us knew what to do and they printed the document.

"How did you know?" I asked the janitor. "I just know. I feel it. I think she also knew you were the right person to approach and that you can help her. But I guess you can't hear her. So she decided to show herself," the janitor replied as the other volunteers reluctantly looked at the computer. "How did she know? And why do you know so much about her?" I asked the janitor. "I have been working here for 10 years now and since her accident, I always see her but has never bothered anybody. As I said, she was an intelligent girl and she was always good at choosing people. I think she felt you really were the right person. And besides, I was her father. I knew what to do, but since we can't turn the computer on, I can't do It." was the janitor's sad reply. After saying this, he hugged me tight and thanked me for doing that favour for her only daughter.

I do not know if you guys will believe this story, but it really did happen and as freaky as it was, that incident made me realize the real essence of my 'gift'.

Other hauntings by vanillaflavored_16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vanillaflavored_16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-16)
I wonder if the incident ever reached the media? Since the culprit already took his own life, what happened next?
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
I also wonder what school did this encounter happen? If you don't want to post it here just leave a tweet (at wackynme). Thanks I'm really curious:) Great story by the way!:)
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
i loved your story! So interesting...

But I feel sorry for her... 😢

I am going to read your other story 😁

Thanks for sharing this story!

God bless you.
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
So creepy...hmm...i feel sad for her and her father...tsk. Your story just sounds like a movie... There was a twist in the end:) anyway, from what school were you in the Phil. When this happened? 😊
jerk009 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
i myself wants to know too what school and where in the philippines is your school. Thanks!
wildeye (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
What school in the Philippines are you from? Mapua ba ito? Thanks!
vanillaflavored_16 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
to vmorenitas22:
Thanks. After this incident, I appreciated my gift indeed. I'll be sharing more. 😁

To Native87:
That's exactly what they said especially the girl's father. I guess, they were right? 😜
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Ther are other ways to retrieve memories from a computer that does not work.
She wants to tell her story and she just can't because her work was never turned in.
And when the documents were printed as you stated, well a grade should have been given.
Unfinnished work is more terrible than DEATH.
vmorenitas22 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
amazing story! You truly have a wonderful gift 😊. Please continue to share your stories with us.
Native87 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
A Very touching story. 😊 Everyone needs someone. You were in the right place at precisely the right time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: