You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Man of Mischief

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man of Mischief

 

I just moved into a new house in New Brunswick for the school year that is unbelievably old. Always when I would be in the house on my own (fully knowing no one else was in the house) I would hear distinct footsteps from the floor above, traveling from one end of the house to another (very different from the usual house settling noises). The sounds of doors opening and closing would radiate through out the place, and there would always be that off feeling that someone else was indeed in the place from time to time. The event however that convinced me this place was semi-haunted was one night in the middle of a completely normal dream, it was suddenly interrupted by an older man with grey hair and a terribly malevolent look on his face. He then gave a snarl and I heard nothing but loud cackling laughter. It rocked from my sleep and the second I woke up my entire DVD rack (with about 100+ movies) slowly tipped forward and fell throwing all my DVD's everywhere.

Surprisingly I wasn't that scared. More pissed than anything because earlier in the week I had just put them all in alphabetical order.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Ace45 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
I think he means semi haunted by the fact that he woke from a dream and this happenend so it could just be a dream and then a coincidence those towers fall over sometimes but it could have been something else. I think that is what he means
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Dear Brian Manning,

Thanks for the humour in the story, I would be annoyed too had I arranged 100 DVDs in alphabetical order and saw them unordered and spilled on the floor. I like the story, but I don't get what you mean by semi-haunted.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I cannot wait to read your next post. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Your response is comical. Of course, I would have been angry too. One hundred plus Dvds to re alphabetise, jeez.
What do you mean by semi haunted? Isn't a place haunted, or not haunted? To me that sounds like being semi pregnant. It's either yes or no, no in between.
ANYWAY, I think this was not a bad ghost. It sounds like he was trying to have fun with you. The "loud cackling" laugh may actually just been an "old lung", straight from the heart laugh. I do not think he was a bad guy.
Way to keep a sense of humor! Thank you.
Mike (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-13)
Damn dog you should bless the damn house before something worse happens

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: