You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: White Lady in the Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

White Lady in the Mirror

 

Years ago I used to work at the Seelbach hotel downtown. And the top floor is only used when the rest of the hotel is booked, so it goes a long time between uses. It's mostly ballrooms/meeting rooms, and maybe ten regular rooms total up there. I had been sent up to do some "freshening" before a big party booking, and was working alone. Typically roomkeepers work in pairs. I was straightening beds, spraying air freshener, and dusting, that sort of thing. I was sort of on my guard already because I'd been caught watching TV in the rooms and gotten in trouble for that. So my nerves WERE a little on edge already.

Anyway- I kept feeling like someone was watching me. Kept thinking it was my supervisor trying to catch me with the TV on again. (I didn't have it on.) This one room, at the corner, is laid out differently than the rest. In that room, the mirror is opposite the door to the hallway, not next to it as is normal in all the others. I was making the bed and I got that feeling of being watched, again. So I look over my shoulder- Nobody there. I turn around to pull on the bedspread (straighten a wrinkle) and there, in the mirror in front of me, I can see a woman standing in the doorway. All I could see was her head, over my shoulder. White woman, light coloured hair, bland expression- no malice or anything. But the room got freezing cold and I had the awfullest feeling. I turn around, and look over my shoulder into the doorway- and she wasn't there. But turn back- she was still in the mirror-doorway. I could not get out of there fast enough, all the skin on my whole body was crawling. It was so weird, because I'd always thought I'd be fascinated if I ever saw something like that, saw a ghost, whatever- but at the time, the physical experience was like that of taking sick, sudden, and dreadful. Couldn't get warm, and had the whole Flight or Fight thing going on.

Apparently apparitions on the tenth floor are not unusual, but they're not harmful either. I didn't go back up there that day, they had to get someone else to finish my rooms, I was too shaken up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

blue-flamed-phoenix (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
The only reason we get scared of ghost/spirits is because the pop up all of a sudden which startles our souls, but if there was a way they could let us know they are about to show themselves like us humans do (give notice) maybe we wouldn't be so scared at all. I know one way is by making it cold but something more humane is in order, cause the cold just frightens us more.
Justin_9493 (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks for sharing your experinces. I don't have anything more to add than what's already been said. Thanks again.
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
I tend to not look past myself in mirrors because I have noticed movement pass by when I was looking in one a few times so now I just focus on me and then get out of the mirror or I use a compact or a small mirror. Sometimes I feel there is something in the room and if I look in the mirror I will see it and I really don't want to see it.
supernaturalguy3710 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
surefire ways to know there are ghosts are if the rm goes cold, if you get weird and funny feelings, and if animals start behaving oddly at stuff (dogs barking at walls...)
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
I hate mirrors
hate em
cant stand em

now that I read this story I might not be able to look in one for a week lol.

Creepy story... My dad worked at a big hotel once... Maybe I should post a story about his experiences.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
Maybe your bathroom ghost was curious to see what you were doing.

Blessed Be Ye
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
It really not funny he started laughing or maybe he was in a rush and we weren't both looking where we were going actually coming thinking about it he looked different to the one who was standing in my shower making himself at home. I have 3 ghosts living in my house by the way it not funny. I also had one at my boyfriend old house. 😐 it so scary !
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
every time before I see a ghost I get the feeling of being watched all I have to do is turn round then turn back and there there. Even when I'm not concentrating then end up bumping in to me. That is scary. There is a boy teenage ghost who loves scaring me he ran into me last time. 😐
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
I think I would have done exactly as you did.

do you have any idea what went on in the rooms on that floor?
creepy!

God bleass!
Nickels (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
Holy I would've prayed... But then again she can pray with you as soon as you open your eyes
taylor (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
i wold say what do want she will tell you .she could be like your great grandma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: