You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Bathroom Light & The Tall Thin Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Bathroom Light & The Tall Thin Shadow Man

 

It was about 2 in the morning on a Saturday morning, and my family and I were headed to my older sister's rugby game in Toledo. We were all really tired and needed to rest before the morning, so we stopped at a tiny motel in the country, about 30 minutes from a town. Upon walking into the tiny room, we observed that there was a porch through a door on the other side of the room, closest to where I was sleeping. Of course, I was scared about seeing something through the large window.

We all fell asleep pretty quickly, exhausted from driving the 7 hours from our town in Tennessee. About twenty minutes after I fell asleep, my little sister tapped me awake, whining about the bathroom light being on. She's twelve, so it was legitimate. When I looked up, it was off. She proceeded to tell me it turned itself off, and I explained it was probably a trip in the breaker or something.

A good half hour later, I woke up to a weird feeling. I saw my parents and little sister still in bed. When I looked around, the bathroom light was on. It turned off finally, and I turned on my side. I have issues with sleeping on my side, and soon felt like I was being stared at. When I turned around, there was a man standing over the bed on my little sister's side. He was tall and lean, like a shadow, but standing out, right in front of me. His attitude was very manlike and so was his posture. Tall and thin opposite of my dad.

I felt like I couldn't breathe. As impossible to describe as it was, I just couldn't make anything come out. I kept staring as if it would go away. I finally tore my eyes away and looked to my parents' bed where they were still asleep, as was my little sister. I began to hit her violently, back to staring at the thing. When she woke up, I looked at her and pointed up where it was, only to see there was nothing there. I mumbled incoherently, talking about going back to bed. I pulled the blankets over my head and fell asleep, the events of the night over exhausting.

To this day, I'm terrified of little motels, and know not to look when the bathroom light is on.

TRUE STORY.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kelsea159, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

save437 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
That has happened to my mom before, only in her own room, and it was her dead grandfather. He was probally conected to the room.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
maybe it's just an old visitor that used to occupy there. If that's the case, then look for records of the room you stayed at. It probably has death reports. This story does remind me of 1408. Just becuase, it's in a motel type spot. Plus, I don't hear a lot of stories of motel/hotel hauntings.
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
That is terrifying! I usually have weird feelings in small hotels as well... Thank you for sharing your story!

-meg
savanna7 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
that is really fraky I would HATE if that had happened to me! Good story

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: