You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bedsit

Real Ghost Stories

Bedsit

 

Around this time last year me and my friend Becki were both having problems at our family homes so decided that we would move out and get our own little place together, nothing fancy but cheap. She got hold of a little double bedsit (not ideal but good for the money we were paying and right in the town centre of Guildford). When we went to view it there was a bit of an uneasy feel to it but I just put it down to the fact it was in the middle of being done up a little. On walking into the room there was an old looking wooden wardrobe in the corner, as we opened the door to walk into the room the door of the wardrobe opened with a bit of a creak but again we just put it down to maybe us moving the floorboards and making the door come loose. After we had agreed to take the bedsit and paid our deposit everything was sorted we moved in about a week later when it was all ready. We found it very odd that there were a lot of crufix's around one in the kitchen area and about 5 wrapped around the handle of the cupboard which made me a little uneasy. We kept the one in the kitchen purely because it was not in anybody's way but as neither of us are religious people we took the others to a charity shop.

Well the first few nights there was a bit of an uneasy feeling about the place but again we thought new home and all that. Laying in bed the first night we stayed, it was about 3am and I heard my roomie Becki get out of bed walk across the room turn on the tap to get some water then get back into bed, but to my surprise she asked me if I had got up the night before as its very unlike me to get out of bed at that hour, so that freaked me out to know it wasn't her!

Over the next few weeks things would go missing around the bedsit like Beckis tweezers, but she said aloud I'm sick of this I want them back the next morning when she woke up they were laid beside her on her pillow, and it defiantly wasn't me who put them there. Other things would happen like one time we forgot to turn the grill off and there were like very faint knocks on the wall in the kitchen area until we realized and turned it off.

A few nights we would have people stay over and once we were all settled in bed the wardrobe door which would sometimes open very slowly with nobody near. It would open very fast banging against the wall then shortly after that the stereo would come on very loud just blaring static! It was a very horrible feeling around this time.

One morning I was waking up and I felt that as I was lying on my bed it felt like someone was leaning on my bed like pushing their hands into the mattress by my feet trying to wake me up. I woke Becki up and she could see my feet moving as if someone was shaking the bed! She jumped into my bed out of fear and it immediately stopped thankfully.

There have been other things that have happened there but these are just some of the ones I can remember at the moment. Since then I have moved back in with my parents and she still lives there with our friend Amy, but since I have moved out it seems to have calmed down a lot.

Sorry for just throwing the information at you but not to sure on to how to word it!

Other hauntings by clo-clo

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clo-clo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Well it was only very rarely that I felt comfortable there all the time I was living there. Altho once I had moved out and went to visit my friend Becki who was still living there with my other friend Amy I felt like it was really homey and completely relaxed to be there. A few months after a moved out they got rid of that wardrobe finally! But I had been there many times before they had moved the wardrobe out and felt totally comfortable! ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Panda, I respectfully disagree... I don't think you should allow anything to chase you out of your own home, living or otherwise.

Author: the fact that this entity alerted you of the stove doesn't necessarily mean it's out to help you, but it's making sure its home doesn't get burned down. It could be that it was concerned for the space. It does sound like you had something there, and possibly attached to the wardrobe. At one time, someone probably liked it a lot and their spirit has remained behind to watch over it for some reason. Have you tried moving it or seeing what's inside of it, if anything?
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Yeah dude. Lol sorry its not more entertaining but like can only tell the truth:) lol
miss_amos (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
waheguru thank goodness nobody was hurt omg that's freaky yaar
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
well according to my old roomate nothing seems to happen at the bedsit anymore. I have had a few strange things happen at my new house that I moved in with my mum and little brother. One time the door bell rang when I was home alone I answered it pretty quickly and there was nobody there, we have quite a long garden path so I can't imagine it was a prank. In the same day my clock stopped in my bedroom altho I have only just replaced the batteries in it. Both me and my friends get very strange feeling in my bedroom very eerie and creepie. One time when I was alone in the house running a bath a fuse blew altho I haddnt turned anything on I just assumed it was a powercut so used candles while I was having a bath but had a very strange feeling like I wasn't alone in my house altho I was the only one in. It wasn't until my mum came home and said everyone elses power was on and flicked the fuse to turn the power back on.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
So, am I to understand that as you no longer live in that residence, that you, yourself are having no issues with the paranormal? Presently?
The reason I ask is that it would appear to be the location, then, and not so much either one of you. I find it rather interesting that things have died down (please excuse the pun) but have not stopped completely.
Well. I should think that if my first home away from home had such a helpful entity there (ask for an item back and get it, leave the grill on and it bothered you until you turned it off...) I would welcome it in. I mean, the place could have burned down if it were not for the timid knocking on the wall.
I also find it extremely interesting that the night your roomie saw your feet moving, as if someone was pushing on your mattress, your roomie jumped in bed WITH you, and it stopped. I personally would have been jumping in bed with my roomie, instead of the other way around. I think.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
alexander (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
do not scare this spirit away with sage or any of that crap unless it turns violent you should ask it questions like: do you want me here and one knock on a counter could mean no 2 could mean yes. It seems plaful next time it saves your life by reminding you about the grill say thank you see where this gets you
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
I would have moved out right away when I think something fishy is going on.
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
This seems like a playful spirit, but then again I think you would know if it is playful or not, considering the first feeling you get when experiencing those things. That's my opinion anyway. The spirits, or demons rather, that are around me [of course] give me a bad, scared feeling, therefore I KNOW they are not good. But then again, this is a hard one. They woke you up when the grill was on so hmmm I don't really know what addvice to give. Sorry for rambling on and not being very useful. 😕 Thanks for sharing your experience. You're not alone.

-meg
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
ask your landlord about it. Who lived there before and aren't you lucky to have a protective ghost in your side.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
If the ghost knocked on the wall when the grill was left on then it seems a little protective of the house. Maybe the ghost is in the house due to sentimental value. If it hasn't hurt you I wouldn't be too afraid. I know I'd protect a special house too if I were a ghost.Don't be afraid at all. If it gets violent though just get away.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
Yes, you could have been the catalyst but that would mean that once you moved out all of it should have come to a dead stop. You said it just calmed down, not stopped. It's very possible something was there and once you left it couldn't manifest as well because your energy was no longer there. When I say you are a catalyst I mean the spirit was able to tap into your energy source while now that you are gone your room mate's energy may not be as strong, hence the lack of activity. If nothing is happening in your parents home then you can be sure you are not causing phenomenon but merely able to attract it once already present.
Marlean (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
I have a suggestion. It may sound odd, but it has been proven to work in several circumstances. Use sea salt, hematite, and sage. These items have some unknown property that repels spirits. The items can be used alone or you can put all three of them in bags and set them in places where the ghosts are seen the most, like the wardrobe. Try it. What have you got to lose?
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
I thought you told the story well! I hope we get to hear more occurances from you! What a creepy place to live! 😊
pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
Thanks for sharing, that was a really interesting story! I have always heard that sometimes spirits are more attracted certain people, maybe that particular entity was draw to you. It did not sound like it was a "bad" energy, but I am like you and would have gotten out! I hope things are well for both you and your friend! God bless!
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
Yeah! That's really creepy! I was always so afraid something would mess with me while I was sleeping like in the scary movies you always see people getting their sheets pulled off of them and whatnot... I would be so terrified to sleep at all!

I'm glad you moved out!

Cool story!

😁
brenttan (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
You have written it very well, clo-clo. Thanks for sharing this interesting experience. I don't understand how or why it gets less paranormally active there after you moved out. Perhaps some other reader may have some ideas or knowledge about that?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Since you have moved back to your parents, I understand these occurances are not happening to Becki and Amy. Are you having any ecperiences at home? Has any of this continued for you?

Thsnka for taking the time to share with us,

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: