You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Now Believe

Real Ghost Stories

I Now Believe

 

I am a grown woman in my 50's and I have to admit that I have never really given much thought to this ghost thing. Never really believed in these things, that is until now.

My sister and I moved into an old house nine months ago and nothing strange ever happened until about two months ago. Our house is 120 years old, as a matter of fact, it was the town's livery stable at one time. The original water well is still here. The back porch has been built over it. The well was never filled in and a cover was never placed on top of it. I don't know if that has anything to do with any of the strange things that have been going on around here or not, but thought I needed to mention it.

I like to lie in bed and watch a little TV or use the computer. The first thing to happen was as I was watching TV one night; I felt a tug on my foot. At first I just thought that maybe I had a cramp and never thought any more about it. The next night, I was on the computer and suddenly I felt a gentle but firm nudge on my right shoulder. (My shoulder was actually pushed back) I convinced myself that I probably just had some sort of muscle spasm or something of that nature.

Approximately 2 to 3 times a week I'm getting tapped on the shoulder, my hair being gently pulled, awakened at night by a firm push, etc. I finally mentioned this to my sister and she said although she has not been touched, she has seen (several times) a white figure swiftly moving from the kitchen into my bedroom.

Our pets have been behaving very strangely as far as growling and just running around as if they are chasing something. Since I have never been a believer, is this really possible or am I losing my mind. I'm not afraid but I do not know how to handle all this or what to make of it all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ectorgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bill (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
Wow,sounds to me you might have serious problems. I once rented a house that was about a hundred years old, it was a miners cottage in a an old gold mining town, like you my wife at the time would have her hair pulled while doing her hair in the bathroom, at first we thought it was creepy but amusing and we always joked about it, but it soon got worse with fires starting that we could not explain, as we had not long moved in we neatly had all the packing boxes packed in the spare room, they would get violently get thrown everywhere, also there was one room where we think used to be the childs room, it would not let you shut the door, me being the idiot and a lot younger we would have friends over and I would close the door within 1 minute it would open, once after a few ales I started poking fun at it and I kept closing it all of a sudden the door flew open that violently it came of one off the hinges, funny evryone went home after that and some of them never came back lol, but the last straw came one night when we were in bed and I was woken buy what I thougt was my wife at the end of the bed but got no awnser it walked up to me and reached down and put her hand on my chest and started to apply pressure to me, still thinking it was my wife, I said what's wrong and I grabbed hold of her arm it was soaking wet, that's when the penny dropped and I realized what was happening, the woman was dripping wet from head to toe and started to shake me so violently that my wife said I was lifting off the bed buy at least a foot and smashing me back down, I still feel after that that I now think that this spirt was killed buy her husband and that it happened in the bathroom of that house, be very carefull about how you aproach this I really feel for you my advice move out NOW!, ps we moved out within two days and when we told the real estate they told us no problem no one has ever lasted more than six months in there.
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
just a hunch but if I were guessing id say it may be a young girl/boy trying to get your attention. Because you are of a motherly figure with you honourable age. ❤.
Is a total long shot but maybe someone fell down that well and wants to let someone know about it. That person being you.
Maybe it could be 1 in the same of the above things.
Or maybe I'm totally wrong and should stop goin by a hunch.
Good luck with that, and I think that if it worries you that, asking for the lords help using jesus's name. Askin it to leave in the name of jesus, anything commanding that includes the name of the lord, can often do wonders. Even just for your peice of mind.
JayD (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
You are definitly not losing your mind. There is a presence there that is trying to interact with you... Trying to tell you something. It doesn't seem like it's an evil spirit because it hasn't tried to harm you.
Maybe you can contact a local paranormal group and let them come in and try to make contact, or maybe you can make contact yourself.
Good Luck and God Bless. Please keep us informed on how things are going.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
You sound perfectly sane to me and it's only real nuts who never question their sanity. You are not the only one experiencing this so don't think it's your imagination. It's said high electromagnetic fields can produce hallucinations, paranoia, nausea and fatigue. It's an old house (I know about that mine is 124 years old) so all this means is have the wiring checked. If that's not the issue then apparently something is there that knows you know it's there. I don't know if it needs to communicate but from what I've read (I have no actual experience) all you need is to take back your own space with authority. Tell it it no longer lives in this plane of existence and must move forward to the Light. Apparently they have to abide by that from what I've read. Good luck and keep us informed.
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
You are not losing your mind. Since you seem to connect the well with the circumstances, I would see about getting it at least covered and place a hematite stone on the cover as an extra precaution.

IF things continue to escalate, I would get an expert involved. Its hard to determine whether your ghost is being aggressive or seeking out the only way it knows to alert you to something. Knowing the history of the house would definitely help here.
Marlean (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
Careful. Your ghost is pushy and sometimes that kind of aggression escalates, especially if they want you to leave and you don't oblige. Religious and paranormal specialists can help if they know what they are doing, but they don't always succeed. Understand that fear is a negative energy that feeds them and makes them stronger. Defiance and aggressive energy towards ghosts has been known to repel them. But, if you want to try something, place sea salt, hematite, and sage around your house. If I were you, I would get a hematite necklace. For some reason, these items seem to be unpleasant for spirits. It's not common knowledge but it is something that some friends of mine learned from experience and the combination was very very effective in their situation. It might be worth a shot to try it.
ellie (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
well I think the ghost wants 2 get in contact with you and wants 2 tell you something
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
I really enjoyed your story!

You aren't loosing your mind, since your house is 120 years old... This is completely possible. Heck! Brand new housed can be haunted!

I think your little ghost buddy is very curious of you, so that's why its poking and shoving you. It's trying to get your attention for some reason or another. The shoving part concerns me, shoving is kind of aggressive behavior, but if its just LIGHTLY shoving you... I don't know.

I agree with everyone else, you should have your house blessed so you won't have anymore disturbances, and maybe your ghost will pass on and not be earth bound anymore. Some ghosts are angry that they can't pass on... Maybe it needs help.
jeetu (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
Hi,I read your story and I understand your curiosity. But I would suggest, not to look for any answers and get deep into something beyond human control.
What I'd like to suggest is to get help from a priest or holy man and get your house cleansed.
Better take precaution before anything serious happens.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-19)
When you mentioned the well an alarm kind of went off. I agree with jazzeyjay on that. Also, be cautious with any spirit. They might not be what they want you to think they are.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
Just cause a house is old dosent mean it has activity and talking with the spirit could be good or bad so if you want to test your luck go ahead
I am not liable by the way
And if you are confused on what to do maybe reserch the house it very old so who knows\\\

Yours truly

Ready

You positive

The only proof ghostboy001
Jason190 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
My Love,
I most certainly do not believe that you are loosing your mind. Since your house is 120 years old, it's bound to be haunted. I recommend investing on getting the house blessed by a priest.

God bless you dear.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
To no one in particular,

I was reading the story of a teenage girl and her family and relatives, and others. Apparently where ever this girl went there were very frequent fires, on ceilings, walls, floor boards, barns, just about everywhere.

I believe other historical accounts mentioned poltergeists were tormenting families with all kinds of activities, the worst of which was spontaneous fires, and frequently their crops were burned to the ground, sometimes homes as well. 😁
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Ectorl,

I must agree with a couple of things that ZiShu said. "Don't try to talk with it." Trying to bargain with it nearly always results in things getting worse.

If you start to show fear, that excites them and things get worse. Pray to God to drive this thing out of your home and out of your life..., in Jesus name. Invite Jesus into your home and life. This kind of prayer means nothing if your heart and mind are not open and trusting in Jesus.

I've spent months reading other people's stories. Your story sounds like you have what many would call a poltergeist (noisy ghost). Frequently all the "noise" is just that, "noise." People rush into the area where the noise originated and find that nothing has been disturbed. Sometimes, there is actual physical damage, and people sometimes get physically injured.

However, other things may happen like being pushed, pinched, poked, pulling hair, slapped, shook up, dragged out of bed, and the list goes on.

The general idea is that these things escalate. Sometimes people move to a new home to get away, and sometimes that works. However, other times these things follow you to your new home, and simply moving isn't sufficent.

Seek God and you will find Him. ❤
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
ectorgirl: Thank you for sharing your story. No, you are not going crazy, these things do exist! Since you are living on a piece of property that has an uncovered well, the well is acting as a portal. It is allowing spirits to travel from their dimension into this one. If you plan to continue living there, I would get this well covered up because as spirits can travel through this well, so can demons. I would have this well blessed and a binding ceremony performed, binding any negative spirits to stay in that well and not enter into your realm and then have my house blessed and this well covered.

I hope this advise helps you.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
you could be losing your mind but that is hard ofr us to know.

And just because you have not believed, dose not mean it is not really happening. It could be that you were wrong about not beleiving.

Hope that helps.
ZiShu (281 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
This sounds like a spirit of negative energy. Watch out. Pray to God for it. Do not try to make communication with it. Pray for an Angel to guide it away.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
what part of texas is it? If nothing else it would be interesting to get some history on the place. Some of your older neighbors could be a wealth of knowledge. If you find out something interesting let us know.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
First of all, this is really possible and I do not think you are losing your mind. You mention that the house is over 120 years old with much history packed into those years I am sure.

Maybe you could do a bit more research on the home. It may tell you what is happening has merit to it. There may be someone who was/is very attached to the home and has not been able to cross over as of yet.

When you feel these mudges or tugs, try telling 'it' to go to the light. Tell 'it' that it is okay to move on and to rest with the Lord.

Keep us posted!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: