You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things At My Friends House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things At My Friends House

 

My friend lived in Belfields and there was some strange things happen in her old house! She no longer lives there her and her mum moved out (strangely enough she now lives with my friend in the bedsit I talked about in my first story).

Me and Amy is one of my best friend's. We have been friends since we were 12 years old- we are now 20. She was like one of the first friends I made in my secondary school and we stayed friends ever since. Obviously I went to her old house a lot and here are just some of the occurrences that I can remember.

From the first time I went there I always felt very uneasy in her house, it didn't help that the house was always cold, due to an unblocked chimney in the living room, but I always felt a very chilling cold, like eerie, even in the summer! The worst room in the house in my opinion was the spare room which was later turned in to a computer room, Amy and I spent a lot of time there just hanging out and listening to music. The bathroom freaked me out a lot too, walking from her bathroom into the computer room was horrible as you had to walk under the loft hath which would make my stomach sink!

One night I was staying over Amy's house, we had watched a film, we were probably about 14-15 and were just settling in her bed (we shared a double) she had an electric toy in her room from her 3 year old neighbour who she would babysit some times. The toy made DJ noises when the buttons were pushed; this toy was up on her shelf. As we were laying in bed the toy was making noises, I asked her what the noise was and she told me not to worry the toy was broken and had been making noises for the last few nights, she got out of bed to shut it up. She picked the toy up, and seemed to freak out, she threw it across the room and flew back into bed and pulled the covers up tight, I asked her what was up and she told me the toy had no batteries in it, at which point we both freaked out and ended up watching more films with the lights on all night.

One day as I was walking home from school with Amy, she lived on the way back to my house, it was summer and really hot, she invited me in for a drink on the way home. We walked into her house and heard footsteps upstairs across the landing. I assumed Amy's mum was home, after seeing her face drop and her eyes get wide I guessed I was wrong. We both just stood looking up the stairs in shock. After about 30 seconds we heard her keyboard play (which was in the computer room- well Amy had one of those keyboards with the light up keys and demos to teach you how to play) she told me that she may have left it turned on that morning so we should go turn it off. We both grabbed something out of fear to be going up stairs (where we had just heard footsteps) so bravely headed upstairs. We got to the spare room to discover that the keyboard was actually unplugged at the socket! Needless to say we headed for the front door and called Amy's dad in tears, who came over and checked out the house but there was nobody to be found!

Those are just a couple of things that I have experienced at that house; here are a few things that Amy has told me about from that house:

One morning she couldn't sleep so went to get in to her mums bed, she was half asleep and turned to face her mum but saw the face of an old woman, she closed her eyes quick and when she opened them it was her mums face that se saw again.

One time she was walking across her landing and thought she saw me coming up the stairs (girl with blonde hair, same style and height as me although she didn't see her face) she was confused and said "Chloe what are you doing in my house? Did my mum let you in?" with that the figure disappeared, she called me pretty much straight away to tell me. Another time she saw a small boy in Victorian clothing crawling up the stairs holding a toy train.

Her mum was in the loft one evening and out of nowhere the ladder shifter to one side as she was on it and she fell over the banister and down the stairs, luckily she wasn't hurt to badly. But there was no explanation for the ladder moving.

Many people have seen things in that house and felt strange feelings, We were having a sleep over, myself and Amy had fallen asleep and Becki and mike were still awake, I woke up before Amy and Becki and Mike both told me that they had seen black shadows flying around the room and it had really scared them, about an hour later Amy woke up in tears saying she had a horrible and described exactly what Becki and Mike had previously told me.

These are just a few of the things that I have heard about from that house, maybe when I have more time ill put up some more of what I have heard.

Thanks for reading

Other hauntings by clo-clo

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clo-clo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
There was millions of things, often a extremely tall black shadow of a man seen walking around from bedroom to bedroom... There was a picture taken from one of my friends which I have heard about (Not seen tho) Of a group of us (myself included) in the background there was an orb (there was always many orbs in the pictures taken around her house) but this one had a face in it. Creepy! I ALWAYS had a very uneasy feeling in that house, we actually used to travel around the house in pairs if we needed to go to the toilet or something... <3
MistyRain (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
Oh no, ramble all you like, I really enjoyed reading them! I'd love to hear your other experiences in her house! 😊
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
No she sold that house now, her and her mum moved out! Not related to the strange going ons tho. There have been so many more strange things there but I didn't want to ranble on and on lol!
haflingers10 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
wow, that's pretty scary. Do you still go there now? Round amy's house? If so, please post more. Oh id love to see what it would be like to be in that house, to be honest I would enjoy it. Well that's what I'm thinking but I think I would feel like you did. Please reply! X

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: