You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mariposa Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Mariposa Ghost

 

There are two Mariposa Bridges, a new one and an old one. The old mariposa bridge isn't used any more. A long time ago, there was woman who's car broke down on the old bridge. She was killed by a drunk driver. Some people say there are nights you can see her upper torso drifting from one end to the other of the bridge. I didn't believe this so I went to see for myself, I didn't see the upper torso, but I did hear a faint cry that sound like a woman. It may have been in my head I don't know, the bridge is located on the outskirts of Stanley, North Carolina. Any one care to see for themselves go ahead. But beware the old Mariposi bridge is condemned.

The ghost may or may not be a myth, but gravity is a certainty that would put a turd in anyone's punch bowl. I would really hate to see some one getting hurt over this. If anyone have details of this bridge fell free to add.

Thank you for your time, take care.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, outcastwo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

outcastwo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
The old Mariposa bridge is a really old over deck truss bridge, that was condemned 30 to 40 years ago. So there is no cables. In order to get on the bridge it self, you'll have to make a real dangerous clime. One little slip you can become a ghost yourself. The Maripose Ghost story have told by the locals for many years. Probably to scare the young, to keep them from climbing the dangerous bridge.
reklaspunk (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
I was there just tonight. I thought honestly that my friends just dragged me to a bridge and I am going to waste my time there. But we were there for about an hour. About 4 cigerrettes and an hour and a half later we decided to leave. As we walked across the bridge the cables started shaking. We thought it was just us walking and making the bridge bounce. But when we tried it again we heard knocking. As if someone hitting the side of the bridge. As we listened to the sound off in the distance I heard very faint crying sounds. I didn't believe in it at first but after being there and experiencing it I suggest everyone go by and give it a shot. I was there from 11pm-12:30am.
olivia (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
it may be real but the way you tell the story it sounds fake and some parts sound real but not the whole story
malina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
I think the reason why the ghost haunted that place was because her soul cannot rest in peace because of how she was killed.
mystic (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
i know that sometimes there is a place that ghost must cherish...!
like mariposa you said that it was the place she died...
so I think the ghost want to go back to that place... Or to keep safe that place
...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: