You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Not Scared, But Disturbed

Real Ghost Stories

Not Scared, But Disturbed

 

I'm hoping you might have a few answers or suggestions for me. I'll start at the beginning: The previous house we lived in was 25 miles away, we lived there for 4 years. There was finished attic space there that we used for storage. We had planned to make it a guest room, but never did because it was always cold and we liked having the storage space. However, I always had an uneasy feeling when I was up there. My niece who was 14/15 at the times she was there, told me that there was a lady was there... She was dressed in 1800's attire and she didn't mean any harm. I sometimes noticed the same feeling in the kitchen. On an odd note, I baked significantly better than I ever have when I lived in that house... Maybe it was the oven.

We have lived in our current house for a little over 2 years. The previous owner was pre-foreclosure when we obtained it. She had been practicing witchcraft for some time... Hard to say for me how long. She was in her early thirties. One thing I noticed is that all around the house there were what appeared to be purposely placed blackened hand prints on doorways and near windows. They weren't completely obvious, but they were there. We painted and cleaned the house for a few weeks prior to moving in. When we moved in, I noticed a more intense feeling like I had in our previous house's attic in several areas of the house. We have the same finished attic-type space in this house which we use for storage, but there is a spare room up there. My niece, then 16, told me there were many different spirits upstairs and that bad things happened there. We usually have the door to upstairs closed and only use it when moving things in or out from storage.

Last week, my husband and I slept upstairs for three nights while out of town relatives stayed in our room. The door was open the entire time. We had sex on the third night (I feel this has meaning for some reason). Since we returned to downstairs, I've noticed that uneasy feeling several times around the house... Particularly in the living room. I've noticed one of my dogs (a nearly two year old female) staring near the hallway that exits the upstairs and enters the living room during the evening. She looks as if something is really interesting to her as if there's a big bug crawling or another animal sitting there... That kind of look. The other dog, an older male, doesn't notice anything.

The other night, my husband fell asleep on the couch. Since he doesn't believe in ghosts per say, he waited to say anything, but last night he told me that he woke up suddenly and saw something hazy on top of him and had felt weight. He was weirded out, but not "scared" by it. Two days prior to that was his step-dad's funeral. I feel he was passing through and saying hi and this was unrelated to the many other spirits in our house, but it pushed me to seek answers.

Here's something else I want to throw out there and that's why I thought the sex had meaning. Since we've moved in that house and not prior, I've had odd health-related interferences with my ability to have sex often. I'm thinking there may be a relation there. Simply because they are new and doctors think there's no medical reason for them.

I have never felt threatened or worried about the spirits. I am however, interested in hearing your take on the situation because I'm feeling a bit out of sorts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Danielle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Wow, moving into a house where the owner was into Witchcraft is asking for trouble!

Something could have triggerd the "Bad Ghosts" such as Finding lost items that belonged to one of the ghosts, or maybe yes the sex. Although I have no idea of it could have, a curse maybe?

Be carefull

All the best - Carrotred
laila (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
maybe there are things in your house... I think you should asked someone who knows about the history of the house
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
Well the problem you are experiencing could be due to the fact that the spirits may be feeding off of your energy. You may also have slight psychic ablities and they are drawn to you. I am also glad to see that you aren't placing the blame for your problems on the lady who practiced witchcraft in the home before you. I believe what your home may need is a smudging ceremony. This will help to remove all negative energy from the home and help promote the flow of positive energies. I can give you the directions on how to perform one if you would like. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: