You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Name

Real Ghost Stories

My Name

 

I want to share this story to see what everyone on here thinks. I have gotten some great advice in the past with my other stories. Here it go's

I live in a pretty much new home, we built it also, and I have never ever had any weird or questionable experiences in this home when it comes to ghost or sprits. Yesterday I was home with my little sister who was home due to no school because of snow. We were the only ones in the home. She was asleep in the loft on the other side of the house. I was putting makeup on in my room. It was around 10am everything was quiet in the house all of the sudden I hear NIC...NIC... My name is Nicola everyone really calls me Nic, it sounded like somebody was calling my name franticly. I mean whatever this was it was yelling my name. I was like what the heck. It honestly sounded like my grandmother who is still alive but is on vacation a couple states away. It sounded like my grandmother so much that I ran out to the kitchen as I believed she was here even though I knew she was on vacation. It was so weird. When I got to the kitchen the house was quiet. Since my sister's loft is separate from the house attached to the garage I did not even go up there because she always sleeps until 2pm if she does not have school. Pretty much right after that I flew out of the house. Later I got a call from my sister who was now in the main house watching TV. She calls me and says she heard somebody in her room say "hey" and then when she ran to the house into the living room she said the TV and direct TV box turned off by its self. I did not want to scare her so I did not share my experience with her.

It gets a little weirder I then called my mom to tell her what I experienced and what happened to my sister but before I could tell her because I know she is a skeptical about everything she says you want to hear something weird I heard somebody say Nicola twice in my post office. Ok my mom works in a post office in a very rural area I mean this place is in the middle of nowhere and has nothing around it except for farm land. She is lucky if she gets two customers a day. She said I heard your name twice like Nicola Nicola like somebody was yelling for you. She said it honestly sounded like my sister calling my name and my sister is alive. I mean this really kind of freaks me out because she only had five customers that day and nobody but her was there at the time. I have heard growing up that if you hear someone calling your name it's a bad omen but then my sister heard "hey" so maybe somebody is trying to make some sort of contact with us?. I am also concerned because the voice I heard sounded like my grandmother and the voice my sister heard sounded like my sister. I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about that.

Other hauntings by GlamGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GlamGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GiveMeSomeParanormal (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
You're lucky GG. I'd do almost anything to experience something like that. It seems that the people that WANT it to happen to them rarely get it, and the ones that don't do.
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
be careful... This mite not be good. I advise contacting a paranormal investigator or a psychic. Good luck
shoya (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Glamgirl, that sounds really bad! I'm not religious, but religious symbols, like the latin cross make me feel safe. (It might be because my grandmother was a deeply religious, very nice, calming person and I have her memory attached to Christian things.)
You should consider asking a priest to bless your house. Hearing that from an atheist might be funny, but I'm completely serious about that, I don't mean to be sarcastic or anything like that.
GlamGirl (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Dickron yes I have researched this history of our land. My great grandfather bought this land in the 1950's he bulit a small house on it in 2007 we bulit a larger house on the back part of the property. Before he bought this land in the 50's it was a large farm. I learned that this area was heavily used during the civil war as a camp site. Before that this area was home to two indian tribes. I also learned this the land was was once part of the biggest farm in the area and the person who owned it was the meanest slave owner. It has been said that if a slave did not do something right he would cut of there arms fingers etc. Many of those slaves feared this man. This is pretty much all I know.
kiezechxie (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
its freak me huh 😕 its weird I never encounter such your story!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Hi GlamGirl I understand exactly where you are coming from, one thing I would recommend though is that you never answer to it. I think they want your attention whatever it is and once they know they have your attention they can start doing what they do best, don't give them that power.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
How strange! My Dad used to hear my Mother calling his name when she was out of the house. Nothing ever became of it but he swore up and down it was her.

Thanks for sharing!
Jennifer ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
kbouye,
what exactly do these demons look like... You are/were seeing?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Hi GlamGirl, Have you heard from your grandmother since this incident occurred? While she was on vacation, did anything happen to make her think of you or say your name out loud? The reason I ask is because I have heard stories about how relatives can be psychically linked. This might also explain when your sister heard "Hey" she could have gotten scared and was frantically thinking of you which made your mom pick up on your sister's feelings and heard her voice calling your name. On the other hand it could be something trying to communicate that either sounds like or is imitating their voices. I hope I was able to help out a little. Let us know if anything else happens. Thanks for posting 😊 ❤
kbouye (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
My husband and I had the same experience, after giving my life to our heavenly Father, I began to backslide back into darkness. I was fed up with doing wrong so I gave my heart and repented. Right after repenting, I heard my baby girl screaming and it sounded just like her. Then the scream turned into a screech, then into an evil cackle...
Before this time my husband and I would hear our daughter scream, like she was hungry, but I know what my daughter sounds like and those screams were never hers...
Anyways, after the scream. Screech, cackle; I heard cats right outside our window having sex! And after the year being there, never before, or after had this happened (with the cats). Then I heard an evil voice say to me, "You will be mine",...I know in my heart that these are demons. They are in the spiritual world that the naked eye cannot see. The Lord allows me to see demons every now and again, I think to train me not to fear them, which I don't, unless they startle me. But you must not fear them, they feed off fear. If the fear gets unbearable, cry out to Jesus and he will take them from you.
Hope this helps, Oh, and since I've given my heart fully to the Lord, they leave me alone, but they try to mess with me through others.
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
wow! That's pretty weird mixed with scary feeling... 😭

We had the same experience with our house. Probably someone or something really want to communicate with you guys, spirits are possible option for this.

Have you conducted investigation about the history of the land where your house is situated? Theres a tendency that other elements are disturbed that's why they also disturb your family in return. (my theory)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: