You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Am I Dealing With

Real Ghost Stories

What Am I Dealing With

 

I don't remember the first time that I had a ghostly encounter. But around the time I was 11 years old. I'm now 21 now. My aunt and her family came back to live with us in Texas. When I was younger I would always hear her talking about ghost and different occurrences, but I didn't think twice about any of it and it wasn't until they came back here to live with us that I started to notice strange things happening.

I remember my cousins and I would stay up late every night talking and doing kid stuff, every night around 2am we would try get ready to go to sleep. We would be lying down, the house would be dead quiet and then all of a sudden we would hear heavy footsteps on the wood floors and we knew that nobody was over there. For some reason it never scared any of us and as an adult now I live in the same house alone and to this day I still hear things like the shower curtain moving just random noises at any time of day.

Now I have never seen anything but several people have seen a shadow type figure. First it was my sister when she was younger she said it was a tall man's figure in my mom's closet at night. She saw it every night for about a week and I honestly remember her crying about it. Once her friend said she saw a figure under her bed and that's the last time she was around then most recently my younger cousin was staying with us for the summer he said that he saw a dark figure coming towards him in my grandmothers old room.

This house is full of stories that go back to before I was born. I was told stories of one time when one of my older cousins was living with my grandmother for a while. He was working nights so he would sleep during the days. One day something woke him up and when he looked over towards his feet he said that he saw I guess little gnomes or troll's I'm not too sure exactly but it was something of that nature. My mom told me that she saw a shadow once and she's not a believer at all. She told me that she was here taking care of my grandmother like every day she would come home during her break to take care of her and this happened to happen right before my grandmother passed away. Well it was just my mom and grandmother. My mom went into the next room and as she was walking back into the kitchen she saw a shadow of a man standing behind my grandmother's wheelchair. She told me that it was my grandfather watching over her.

There was one time that I was truly scared. One night I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around midnight. I felt like I was being held down. I could not move for the life of me. I could only move my eyes. But the week before I had heard what sounded like chanting in that same room as I'm writing this it still gives me chills to this day.

I wrote this to share my story with you guys and see what you think of it I have plenty more experiences to share with you guys.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ddrummer89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Hey friend,
Most of the time shadow figures are not good. This may be one of those times when their not harmful but even so please be cautious. Pay attention to the way your intuition responds to those experiences. Do you feel threatened? Do you feel scared? Do you feel watched? Do you feel neutral? Your intuition is you best guide for those answers. And for your own safety, do not try to communicate with it. I agree with tknicol in that you need to clean your house of these entities. That is your house, your home and you should feel safe in it. If you don't you need to cleanse it. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences too! If you want some advice on cleansing just send me a message!
God be with you friend!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
ddrummer89 sounds like its residual as nothing is interacting with your familys previous experiences. Your aunt may have something to do with these entities making themselves present in your house though I could be wrong. Your experience I believe could have been sleep paralysis as that seems to be the tell tale signs. I'm glad things have subsided in your home for the time being. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
tknicol (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Shadowy figures, yes. Gnomes & trolls, no.
You need to have someone come in & get rid of your visitors. They need to be helped, to let go & move onto the afterlife because they don't belong here. They most likely think they're still alive when in fact they're obviously not. For your safety & others, get someone in there to help them go to where they belong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: