You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man Tom

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man Tom

 

The haunting in my small one bedroom flat has become slightly more intense since I did some digging to find out whether there had been anyone that had passed. As soon as I entered I felt a presence, and my then new boyfriend had felt it too. I have never really been that frightened of the paranormal as I have been seeing things for years. I have only seen a full apparition once and this was no exception.

At first we saw him a few times a week, just in shadow form moving across the hallway, then a few months ago my partner was speaking to our next door neighbours and got some information. We found out that 4 years ago a man called Tom who was in his late 70s early 80s had died in the house, our now bedroom used to be the living room and he had died were assuming of natural causes sitting on the living room table. He was lying dead for a few days before he was found. Between Tom and my partner moving in there had been two tenants; the first we found out asked to be moved due to the haunting. The second just moved all of a sudden leaving a lot of debt.

Since we have found out his name the haunting has become more intense. The alarm clocks in the house just switch off in the middle of the night, not just the power but the actually switch to turn the alarm off. My partners watch keeps resetting it self. We have lost 2 sets of keys and have had to change the locks. Cupboard doors open and close. I lost my bank card 3 weeks ago; we looked everywhere for it and it just suddenly appeared near the bed.

I was hovering and I saw something black fall of the window sill on the other side of the room, when I went to look for it, it was know where to be seen.

I have asked out loud for the keys and things that have gone missing apart from the bank card nothing has been returned. I have also asked out loud for him to stop but he won't.

I assume apart from paying for a medium to visit, I'm just going to have to live with it. If it gets worse I will let you know.

Other hauntings by wendymneil123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wendymneil123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
He has been back. I saw him a few times last night. I'm just going to have to live with it xxx
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
its possible that he has moved on into the light oweing to the fact that you have spoken to him about it. I hope everything works out for you take care let us know if he does return. I feel he won't do...
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Cheers for your input.

I have been looking after the house, actually its never looked better that's probably the problem.

I speak to him reguarly telling him to move on and "go towards the light". I haven't seen him for a while so we will see if it works. Xxx thanks guys x
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
I agree with holly. It sounds like Tom isn't ready to leave his home yet, but you must take a stand, as it is your and your partner's home. I hope that you two can help him move on and have peace in your home. If you try asking him aloud to leave, address him by name and see if that works. It's likely that he doesn't think you know who he is and proving that you DO might mean to him, "oh crap, the ruse is up!" If that doesn't work, there are numerous methods of spiritual cleansing you can try to forcibly rid his spirit from the home. It's sad, but it's the same as someone who previously lived at the house you now live in randomly walking in and deciding they're going to live there again at your expense.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
At least you took the time to find out about the home.

It sounds like you're dealing with "Tom". Clearly he doesn't want to leave his home.

You could have the home blessed (if you're okay with that idea)

You could verbally inform this Tom that it is no longer his home and he needs to move on. Maybe spruce up the place now and then. Fresh flowers or something to show him that you and your partner are taking care of the place.

He sounds a little mischievous/miffed that new tenants are in his home. If it gets to be too much you might want to look into other options.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: