You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Few Experiences of my Own

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Experiences of my Own

 

I have read most of the stories on this web site and even though my experiences are not as scary as them, I thought I would submit them anyway. Let me know what you think?

1) My first ever encounter, I was about 22 years old and lived with my parents in South Harrow, Middlesex (UK). My sister and I used to share a room, as the room was only small we had bunk beds, I slept on the bottom and my sister on the top. One night as usual we got into bed, the light went off and I cuddled up under the duvet, I must have laid there for about 5 minutes with my eyes closed, willing sleep, when I felt something in the room. I opened my eyes and at the bottom of my bed was a figure of a man squatting at the end of my bed (the top bunk was really low so you couldn't sit up), well as you can imagine I threw the cover over my head and pushed my hand up to hit the above mattress to wake my sister, when she asked what was wrong, a looked over the duvet while telling her what I had seen and the man had gone. I didn't sleep well after that!

2) My second was when I had moved out and was lodging with my friend and her 5 year old boy in Pinner, Middlesex. It was a small 2 bedroom flat on the third floor, there was always something really weird about the hallway in the flat, you would see things (shadows) from the corner of your eye moving down the hall. A few times I had been woken up by 3 short knocks on my door and when I would open it there would be no one on the other side, thinking that it was the my friends, I rang up the hall to the living room only to find that they were out. I told my friend about this and her mum freaked me out by saying when you hear 3 knocks on your door someone close to you is going to die, but she did say that it was three long knocks and what I heard was more raps. We used to smell a certain aftershave every now and again also, when we had no men living in the flat.

3) My third and final encounter was when I was living in Pinner, I was laying on my bed with my back to the room, facing the window, when suddenly I got a smell of my auntie's aroma, (my auntie died of cancer when I was 18 years old, also she was from scotland) I felt her presence behind me, I didn't dare turn around, and I said very quickly out loud "please leave" and she left the room and I haven't felt her since, sometimes I wish I'd turned around and not said what I said, maybe she wanted to speak to me or tell me something, or as she was very psychic when she was alive and saw plenty of spirits, good and bad, perhaps she was telling me there was an after life after all!

I got told last summer when I went to a wedding in Scotland by my cousin that I have someone watching over me to guide me and that I have special gifts I haven't yet learnt to use!

How do you learn to use them?

Hope you enjoyed my small experiences.

Other hauntings by wendymneil123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wendymneil123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bronwyn545 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
wow! Thank you for sharing your story, I know this was posted about 4 years ago now, but I was just woundering if you ever found out why you could smell mens after shave? As, well I don't think my house is aunted but every now and then I can smell scented candels, candles that have recently been put out and burning wood? If anyone has anyone reading this has any idea, please get in contact?
Harbringer_of_Doom (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
You can buy books on how to develop your sixth sense.
Everyone is born with a level of psychic potentical, it's like a trigger switch, some are born with the switch on, others with it off. You can learn to switch it on, but I'd say you already have it switched on.
try meditating and opening your mind to the life forces (dead and living) around you and ask whatever you believe in (God or whatever) to help you. (When I tried this method I put my faith in the spirits of the elements to guide me and keep me safe)
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
hi you see ghosts I think squatting mostly I think I have seen it on a video actually it happening in a hospital. The video is on my profile If you want to watch it. I had seen a boy when I was at my boyfriends old house he smiled he was a ghost. Later that night he kind of followed and I saw him sitting on the floor at the end of my bed. I would say ghosts live in most houses no house has to be old. New and old house any age house can be haunted really. Yeah they do go when you say please leave. I told a ghost do do that because he wasn't explaining himself he wasn't communicating so 5 minutes later I just told him to leave.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it because I have been through similar experiences my self. I have 1 story on here and 20 stories on the other site which is psychic experiences website. I think you should share your stories on there. I have heard a little girl voice and I have seen shadows and that. I have wrote about them on the other website. Anyway thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I know what you are going through cause there quite similar to mine.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
There are many great books on psychic phenommenon and on being a sensitive. Be careful of those that would lead you down the wrong path, there are a lot of kooks out there also. Use your best judgement and research, that has never failed me.

God Bless!
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
The Apartment had brand new fittings and carpets when we moved in, so aftershave couldn't of been spilt, I thought that at first also!

Thank you for the advice on the on developing my skills lian01, I will have a look x
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
If you want to learn how to develop your 'skills', try going to the website shown at the top of this site. It's dedicated to psychic experiences and there's bound to be someone on there who can guide you further.
Cool stories, and it's always good to see a fellow Brit on here!
ashleyfanluvher (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
wow spooky. Maybe the peron who told you that was mad. Maybe before you where lodged in that flat men lived there and had spilt there aftershave. I cannot explain the first one though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: