You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Tom

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Tom

 

My family has this old farm, about 20 miles outside Mauston, Wisconsin. My family used to visit every Sunday and play in the bluffs around the farm. The farm house was built in the early 1900's by my great-great grandparents. Today, my great aunt and uncle live there. So on one visit, I was washing up for dinner and something caught my eye in the bath tub. Well, that bathroom wasn't there when the house was built, it was a pantry. Later on, it was made into a bathroom. So I turned around and saw a man wearing overalls and writing in a leather bound book. He had really bright blue eyes and dark brown hair, and his leg was twisted funny. When he noticed me he let out a hearty laugh and pulled the plug to the tub, he went right down the drain. I was eight years old and terrified when that strange man just went right down the drain. I shot out of that bathroom and told my mama and great aunt what I saw. My great aunt says "Well that sounds like Thomas..." I'd never seen a picture of Uncle Tom but he was my great uncle and died shortly before I was born. He was crippled and died in that house. My mama says that I don't have to be afraid of Uncle Tom's ghost because any ghost in that house is bound to be friendly since it was built with a heck of a lot of love.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elizabeth Marie Jackson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Aw that's a cute story. Lol I just read chellecks comment and I laughed out loud. That is something to see someone go down a drain! Next time you see him, tell him he doesn't have to drain himself when caught! Doors are much safer. Thanks for posting your story. Alot of love in a house is a good thing. ❤
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
Have you ever experienced more of your Uncle Tom, since this incident.

I think I may have developed severe emotional trauma and would still need to be medicated today, if I had seen a man going down the drain at eight years old.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: