You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Phantom House Workers

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom House Workers

 

Over the past few years I haven't experienced anything other than the usual knocking sounds and shadows... Fairly normal stuff here that I've gotten used to. However, the other night I got up at around 2 am to use the bathroom and had an unusual experience that I wanted to share.

I walked out of my bedroom into the hallway to get to the bathroom which is across the hall and down about five paces. If you were to continue down the hall past the bathroom you would reach a doorway to the living room on the left, whereas the kitchen entrance is at the hall end on the right.

The hall was pitch black in darkness. I don't usually turn lights on because I know the short distance to the bathroom and don't think about it. As I was about to turn into the bathroom I heard a deep male voice coming from the living room. He sounded as if he was facing me, and his voice was clear and projected to me well. He said "We're almost done here." I got the impression that he was with some other people and they were working on something in my living room. I didn't see any signs of light, so I didn't feel worried about an intruder. I also didn't think an intruder would make that announcement.

In the bathroom I quickly closed the door and turned on the light. I thought perhaps I had imagined the voice and that maybe I was still a bit asleep. So I did what I came to do, and turned out the light before opening the door to go back to my room, and didn't worry about it.

When I got in the dark hall, I heard the voice again, saying the same thing. I quickly went into my room, locked the door, and slept the rest of the night with a dim bedside light on. I file this away with the strange and unexplained experiences.

Other hauntings by DandK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DandK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-11)
Hi DandK

That certainly is creepy, is this the first time you heard this voice?
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-10)
Hi Rob, thanks for your comment. This house was built in the 1970's in a new subdivision in an area of land that was previously undeveloped. I know the person that lives in the first house built here, two houses down from mine. She says nobody died in this house, no traumas, nothing that could be attributed to the typical things assigned blame for these occurrences.

I don't have any explanation for this. It does seem to have periods of low activity between periods of high activity, with nothing obvious correlating to one or the other.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-10)
RCRuskin, I'm not sure why they are here and I don't have any good theories. I think this place has the most activity of any place I've lived before, but it is all benign, so it tends to lose the fear factor. I think my feelings are usually more annoyed than anything. In this recent case of the voice, the only fear I felt was when I thought the voice might be a real person. I spent most of my thoughts trying to rule out a person so that I could know if I was going to be confronted when I left the bathroom. Once I convinced myself it was just paranormal, I felt a lot better. 😉
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-10)
Hi Manafon, it is great to hear from you!

Even though I didn't think it was an intruder, one part of my mind remained open to the possibility that it was because of the clarity of the sound. That is one reason I didn't go check it out, and why I rushed to lock my bedroom door.

I had forgotten about my husband hearing that voice! I'll have to ask him about it. I don't remember if he said it was coming from the living room.

I've been thinking about what the voice said, and at first I took it at face value: the voice was with others in the living room and they were almost finished with something. I felt a bit like they were letting me know so I didn't feel the need to check up on them. (That was another small thought in my mind that kept me from checking it out... I was trying to give them the respect and trust that I knew they were capable, and getting it done... All of this in my mind unconsciously, but I recognize it now.)

However, in the last couple of days I've been thinking about it in a morbid way. What if the meaning of 'we are almost done here' is referring to the global 'we' and 'here' is our existence on earth? I'm definitely trying to put that out of my mind, but had to mention that it crossed my mind.
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-09)
An interesting account to be sure. I'd be interested in some sort of historical investigation with regards to what ever actually went on in the past. Has this residence always been a house or is there any business history? Is it a true haunting or residual stuff replaying?
Best,
Rob
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-09)
"We're almost done here." I probably would have done what I came for right there in the hallway, bolted back to my room and not slept the rest of the night.

And apparently, this is not the first time these workghosts have been in your residence, so what are they doing?
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-09)
DandK--I have a quick addition. In one of your earlier accounts, you mentioned your husband hearing a voice in the middle of the night as he returned to the bedroom saying "What are you doing here?" That isn't too far off from the voice you heard saying, "We're almost done here?" Just an observation I thought I'd mention.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-09)
Hi DandK--Great to see you back on YGS! I know you've seen shadowy entities in your house and have heard disembodied voices directed at you before but this one strikes me as particularly odd. Disembodied voices don't always cause concern, but a deep male voice coming from a dark living room would seem to be an instance that would.

What struck me was that you had just woken and were in a mental state that spirits seem to like to take advantage of. Having just woken you were open and receptive to a spirit. That state of sleepiness might have contributed to your lack of concern but I think I would have wanted to check that room before going back to bed. Was there something about the voice that made you not worry about it? I've heard several disembodied voices over the years but the one you describe would have made me want to check that room.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: