You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Glasses In Pieces

Real Ghost Stories

My Glasses In Pieces

 

I don't really know where to start as I'm all new to this sort of stuff but, about a week ago I had what I'm going to call an 'unexplainable experience'. Basically every night before I go to sleep I put my glasses on my bedside table, I've been wearing glasses for about 15 years now and this has never happened to me before... When I woke up in the morning I leant over to reach for my glasses but could not find them so I shouted for my boyfriend to see if he could find them. He did find them, in 4 separate pieces across our bedroom floor, in totally different areas to each other.

I told a friend about this and she is convinced it must have been my kitten but at night I close her in the living room/dining room and close my own bedroom door! So I really don't see how she would be able to get it.

Sunday, I woke up to find a strange series of red marks close together on my back, and in the centre a small dot, which looks like a bug bite or something so I took no notice of it and just presumed the marks where a result of the bite and thought nothing of it.

This morning on the other-hand I woke up and looked in the mirror to see 8 bright red scratches down my cheek and one down the side of my nose. I know it was neither me nor my boyfriend as we both bite our nails and once again the kitten was in the living room. I'm really not too sure to make of the whole thing, I am very aware that they all just may be sheer coincidence but nothing like this has really happened to me before and I'm somewhat puzzled by it. I have photos of the marks on my back and the scratches on my face if that helps...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jhalifax, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ahh (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
I don't know if this is much help in any way but try sleeping with your kitty one night to see if anything paranormal is going on. Really mysterious story, though. (:
Twilighter9829 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Hi
Your experience sounds like something that happened to a friend of mine, she had no pets, so I don't know what to tell you except that you may have a demon, or possibly the ghost of an animal. I've also had experiences like this and I think that if it's not a demon the spirit may be trying to communicate with you...
witchgirl2010 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Hi your story is all to familiar to me as I have gone through the same thing. First thing I did was record myself sleeping.

Turned out when I'm really stressed and I go to sleep I have a tendancy to break things in my sleep usually near by (my glasses, lamps, ect) and toss them across the room from my bed.

As for the scratches I had a cat that could open my door and he would lay on my back and sleep (scratiching me in the process)
I caught it all on film!
Junebugger (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Video tape yourself sleeping, that's what I'd do... I'm sorry you have to go through such scary experience... Maybe you should let god in your life, if you havn't already!
Scoops (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
I'm a firm believer in ruling out all possibilities first. Sleep disorder is a good possibility. Ever sleepwalk? Maybe your boy friend is slapping your when you sleep. I've known married couples to kick the crud out of each other when sleeping.:)

The camcorder idea is a good one too. Good luck. Keep us updated on how it turns out.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
do you have a camcorder that you could record yourself over night with? Some of the better ones you can set to start at a certain time and they will record for several hours. That way you could see what is going on.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Before we jump to paranormal, let's rule out some things.

I lived with cats briefly (my roommate at the time had one, I had one). I would shut my bedroom door at night and without fail, every morning they would be in my room. The male cat figured out how to actually turn the door knob and push the door open.

I'm not sure if a Kitten (correct? It isn't an adult cat) can break your glasses. Also is it possible somewhere in the course of the night you or your boyfriend may have gotten up for a glass of water or bathroom break and didn't close the door?

The scratches. Recently there was a poster with this problem. Be prepared to hear about "demons" from fellow posters. May I suggest visiting a doctor (especially one that deals with Sleep Disorders). Have them check you out. Sometimes it can be a sign of stress (I know you bite your finger nails) or allergy to detergents used on bedding.

I would also suggest sleeping with oven mitts or mittens on your hands (I know it sounds silly). If you wake up with scratches at least you can rule out it's you doing this
ArkAngelMike (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Hi jhalifax

This sounds strange, geussing by your username are you from Halifax,UK.

I have had similar experinces as you, I have had the gift of seeing and feeling in every way possible ever since I was 4, I am in a paranormal croup up in Scotland and stories like this interest me, have you ever had any other experiences before this i.e dreams, feelings or sightings that are not of our normal day to day life.

Like I say I just thought to comment you as this is interesting.

ArkAngelMike

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: