You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bits And Pieces

Real Ghost Stories

Bits And Pieces

 

The reason I have named this story: Bits and Pieces is that I have had little events happen to me in all my 46 years of living. They are too small to put into a long story but I feel that they are interesting enough to be told.

The earliest event that I can remember was when I was 4. We lived in Alabama and the house that we lived in- I was able to have my own bedroom. One night after mom had tucked me and my sister in for the night - I was lying there on my stomach (to this day I sleep on my stomach - I mention this because of another event that happen to me later on) trying to go to sleep when I felt like little fingers tickling me on my right side. I jumped up and looked down at the floor on the right side of my bed - I saw nothing - so I lay back down - when I felt it again. I got out of bed and went to the door and stood there for a moment, debating if I should tell my mom (when I was growing up - there was NO getting out of bed for ANYTHING - if you did- it meant severe punishment - meaning that you were yelled at or worst a spanking) So I gathered my courage - and went out into the hall and told mom that there was someone in my room and they would not let me sleep because they kept tickling me. Of course I was sent back to bed with the promise of a spanking if I got out of my bed again. So I got back to my room and looked under the bed - nothing - so I climbed into bed and tried to go to sleep - once again I felt the tickling - I sat up in bed and whispered to whatever it was that they needed to stop or they were going to cause me to get a spanking and I needed to go to sleep. I lay down once again and that was the end of that - there was no more tickling.

Through my younger years I have heard my name called - I was always told it was the devil trying to get you in trouble - never believed that - LOL. The times it would happen I would go and search for the "voice" asking my family members or friends if they called me and the answer was always no. The "voice" was always a whispering sort. I have not heard the "voice" in many years - but when it happened it ALWAYS got my attention.

Whenever I was alone in dark places - such as the basement and when I would be coming up the stairs - I would always feel a presence behind me - it would always make the hairs on my neck stand - which would make me climb those stairs at a very fast pace. It did not happen all the time - but when it did - I took off running.

I was around 13 or 14 years old - and all day I had this uneasy feeling - like something bad was going to happen - when it came time for bed - I still had that uneasy feeling - I prayed that the feeling would go away - when I felt the edge of my bed go down - as if someone sat down - as soon as it happened - the feeling of dread went away - I always knew that this was my guardian angel.

Now for a spooky moment - after I married my third husband - we were married for about 2 years - one night I was trying to go to sleep and I heard voices - it sounded like a million of them talking at once - I did not like it and sat up in bed - my husband asked me what was wrong - I told him I had a cramp - that I would be ok in a minute - there was no way I was going to tell him that I heard voices - he might have thought he was married to a crazy woman - that has been the only time that has happened to me. But the thing that really got to me was a few nights later - I woke myself up because I was growling and gnashing my teeth together - this happened 3 or 4 times and each time it happened - it scared me - I felt it was evil - and I wanted no part of that - I started praying and reading my bible - it has been several years since that has happen - and it is NOT welcome back.

I guess you can say I save the best for last - but that will be up to you.

About 3 years ago - my husband and I were homeless - he had lost his job and we were having a very hard time. We had to go live with my husband's sister and brother-in-law. They lived (still do) in a tiny three bedroom trailer - the trailer is an old 80's style trailer. The bedroom that we had was toward the back of the trailer while his sister and brother-in-law slept toward the front.

One evening, Steve (Mike's brother-in-law) was telling us that a woman had been murdered in the bathroom across the hall from our bedroom - of course we were like - "do you have proof" - Steve took us to the bathroom to show where bullet holes had apparently - gone through the bathroom door - and was later (poorly) covered - because you could still see the holes while inside the bathroom. The angle of the bullet holes as my hubby and Steve concluded must have come from the direction of OUR bedroom - Steve stated that the murderer must have been standing at the foot of where our bed was - aimed at the bathroom and killed the woman while she sat on the toilet. We all had a laugh at that - but Steve later said that he was serious - because there were several times that he and Lisa (Mike's sister) had seen a shadowed figure in the hallway - and one time he was in the shower and looked out through the glass plate shower door and saw a woman with long black hair looking through the door at him - Steve said he quickly opened the door - to find no one there.

Both Steve and Lisa said that several times they would be in the living room watching TV and would hear the distinct sound of someone walking across the kitchen floor - Steve would go and check it out only to find nothing there. I'm thinking great - another ghost - bet it will try to make contact with me - I figured that would happen - since I had already been having things happen to me.

I was right - not a good ghost though - a few nights later I went to bed - (laying on my stomach - I always lay on my stomach and I always wake up on my stomach) I must have been asleep for several hours - (and to tell you'll the truth I thought this was a bad dream at first - but was too real to be a dream) - I was on my back - I could not move - I felt something lying on me and it was trying to kiss me - I could not open my eyes nor could I move - whatever it was - it was short - because as it laid on me - its body only covered half of my body - and I'm a short woman (5'4") as this thing tried to kiss me - I closed my lips tight and would not let it kiss me -I was shaking very bad - but I was fighting with this thing - it tried to kiss me several times - but I would not let it - and then it was like it gave up - and I quickly turned back onto my stomach - and went back to a sound sleep.

The next morning - I told Steve and Lisa what had happen - and Steve cracked a joke and said it was probably Stewart - their tiny little dog. Well, I just don't think it was the dog mainly because our door was shut and locked and this thing weighed a ton - because I remember having trouble breathing. I'm assuming it was the spirit of the woman - but I really do not know - I sure would like someone to explain it to me if they can.

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

feyan (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
well about the "kiss" part... 😳 while I was researching on demons 😐 I found that theirs a demon that is small, size like dwarf & what it does is move your body so that your whole body is faced-upwards & your head & feet matches in straight line, because to this movement people wake-up & find themselves in what scientist named sleep paralyzes (for people who are going to oppose me, I know what a sleep paralyzes is) 😐 you will feel heavy pressure on your chest, it will be hard to breath, you won't be able to move & you will sweet (sometimes cause of anxiety). They will disturb you like a mischievous kids & sometimes they will show themselves & threaten you that they will take you away. If you want to go head on while it (creature name "boba (bang) /dumb (eng) " meaning muteness/unable to speak) I do believe I have way...
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
Warrior-Troy
Thank you for your input - but as I explained to another comment - this was not anything sexual - it was pure evil - and I felt - like the kiss was "the Kiss Of Death" - do not know why it may me feel like this - but as this was happening - I felt like if I had given in and had let this thing kiss me - I would not be here typing this now - all I know this type of spirit is not welcomed back - I believe in God and even though I do not read the Bible everyday as I should I do try to pick up the "Good Word" and read a scripture or two - Again thank you for your input.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
What it sounds like is a familiar spirit. The bible is our ONLY accurate source to give us insight on these types of issues. Familiar spirits mimic people. They can appear as a deceased relative. When people consult with a necromancer they are being lied to by demons that mimic their deceased love one.

Check out a book
Demons and Eyewitness Account by Howard Pittman for insight on demons and how busy they are working in the lives of people.

Sounds like a demon of lust that was harassing you.

(1Pe 5:8) Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.

(1Pe 5:9) Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
applerose - that was funny πŸ˜† Wicked sense of humor you have! Gonna keep that title in mind!
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Miracles: - How about...

"To Be Flushed or not to be Flushed"

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Just Joking - Sorry, In a silly mood today.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
applerose - totally intended to make you πŸ˜†! Glad it worked! I'll try and get the Journal turned into a story this weekend. Shouldn't be too hard since it's already written down πŸ˜‰. I'll let you know when I submit it. Gotta have a catchy title. Might have to have Granny's input!
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Miracles - looking forward to it

You made me πŸ˜†πŸ˜† when you used my pharse -"Things that make you go Hmmmmm! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
applerose - no, this one I haven't submitted yet. Just shared it with a couple of friends. But I think I'll put it together with the things that have happened lately.

As Granny has mentioned before, I have some "helpful" ghosties in my house. I'll let you know when I submit it. All in all, not scary in the least. Just another "things that make you go hmmmm...!"
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
ok Miracles this one I have got to hear πŸ˜† Do you already have that story posted on here? 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
applerose - Granny is SO right! OMG that's part of my "bits and pieces!" My ghost stopped me from overflowing the tub one night, while I was in it!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Applerose: It's funny you mentioned toilet seats to Miracles, as she has had issues with her's as well! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Thank you everyone for your comments.

Mementomori: I never noticed anything else in the house - we only lived with them for 5 months - (we had been there for a little over 2 months when this happen) - I do not know what IT wanted - but I did not want to find out. I was very relieved that IT never visted me again.

DasherFlip: No I'm not brave - I think I was more in a trance or in a limbo state. I remembered turning over on my stomach - then it was like I passed out - the next morning as soon as I woke - I remembered what had happen and touched my lips - as I said I told my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and they did not take me serious - so I never mentioned it again.

Sharel: Yes, I do pray and read my Bible (not as often as I should) I really do not know why these things happen to me - I just wonder that because I'm trying to live a christian life - that I'm up for more attacks then a non-believer. I'm not brave enough to say "bring it on - I have God on my side" I know that I have to have faith - but I have a weak side - and I wonder if my weakness is the reason I have these experiences.

Miracles: -As soon as I sat down to type my journal-it was like opening the flood gate of my memories-things that I kind of have shoved in the back of my mind-just came pouring out of me. As I had mention we are moving - its taken a little longer then I wanted- I'm sitting in a mess right now - inbetween the"old"place and the "new" 😒
But I know that we will finally get settled. Nothing real scary has really happen here in the old place and we have been here for 2 years-the only thing that has really happen here is that every time my hubby or one of the boys leaves the toliet seat up-a few minutes after they leave the bathroom -the toliet lid will slam down-I told the guys that we have a woman ghost in the bathroom and its ticking her off for them leaving the seat up πŸ˜†.
I have seen a few shadows dash across the living room floor and they are real close to the floor. But that's about it - and we were here for about a month when these events started to happen.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
applerose - thanks for sharing the "bits and pieces." Even those little stories deserve to be told. It was almost like reading parts from my Journal, except my memories don't go back as far as yours do LOL!

Do you find yourself wondering, when you move into someplace new, how long it will take before they make an appearance?

I can truly say I've never experienced the kiss of death, and I hope I don't. I'm sorry you did. That is something that would terrify me.

Thanks for sharing more of your life.

Marjie
sharelbroome1 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Sounds like you are a magnet for the supernatural. Some people draw the paranormal to them. Due to something it sees in you it likes or wants. Could be your energy... Or like someone else said I believe it could be trying to possess you. You need to pray and believe and call upon Jesus. Psalms 91 is a great place to start with reading your bible. Seriously though do not attempt to ask what it wants or communicate with it. Consult a priest. Things may not get worse then again it can. Also some of the Catholic religion believe sprinkle holy water on your bed at night and call upon Jesus and Mary that this helps. I just pray for you that things do not get worse. I hope this can help you some good luck and God bless.
DasherFlip (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
You know you are really brave. I feel that after my strange experiences with what I think are ghosts I'm a little more calm about it than I would've been a few more years ago but to go back to sleep after something was trying to kiss you and weighed a lot on you. I'd probably not go back to sleep.
mementomori (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
This is an amazing story... It sounds like you have experienced a little bit of everything throughout your life. Did you ever notice anything else in that house? I have been told that when you can't move like that, that is when someone or something is trying to possess you. Of course, I'm not sure how legit that is, just and old tale that's been passed down. I wish you luck and post more stories! 😊
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
I would not have taken this to be anything sexual - I took it as if it was trying to take my breath - (meaning --the KISS OF DEATH) - there was nothing sexual about this - and I sensed evil. It was very scary. I'm sorry if I was not clear on that.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Was the dead woman gay? I mean, if she was trying to kiss you. Or could you tell if the spirit had been male or female-ish. Although I'm not sure we're actually either after death, and if not, I would see no reason for a sex drive. Being energy, I still wouldn't. And re-living a memory doesn't seem like something I'd care to do once I saw that I was a spirit I don't think I'd be hanging with the fleshies anymore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: