You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Formidable Piece Of Land

Real Ghost Stories

A Formidable Piece Of Land

 

In 1992, my father resigned from his company of 17 years to start his own business, an Auto Repair Shop. He leased a half-hectare land right beside the highway somewhere in Negros Occidental. The land was an open field. Right at the center end of the lot stood a very big, old Kamatsile tree. Underneath it, he built our small wooden house. In front of the house, he designated it as his work area. We only had one neighbor located on the right side of the lot. They were a family manufacturing concrete hollow blocks.

Since the land was so wide and was covered with grass, my parents decided to raise some goats. Our neighbors had their own herd too. First few months of our stay went well until things started to become bizarre. Our goats, one by one, became ill and died. Even the pregnant ones would have still-born babies and they, too, did eventually die days after giving birth. Soon all of our goats were gone. But the odd thing was, our neighbor's goats were in good shape.

The next thing, my father's business started to fall apart. His customers were scarce. He couldn't pay for our school tuition anymore. Much more, we barely ate a decent meal.

During those times, I remembered my mom told me a couple of creepy stories. One time, at dusk, she was out in our makeshift bathroom (a few meters away from our house) to wash her face. While bending forward, she felt a cold, light cloth touching her head. She looked up and there she saw a lady dressed in white standing in front of her. She blinked hard and when she opened her eyes, the lady was gone.

Another instance was when my mom was inside our house. It was around 6:00 pm. She was about to close the window facing the Kamatsile tree when she spotted the same lady standing beside the tree as if peeking at her. My mom leaned forward to have a better look but the figure disappeared into a thin air.

After those two episodes, my mom fell ill. So ill that she would cough out blood. We were already living in misery. That was when my aunt (mom's older sister) came to the rescue. She convinced my parents to live with her while me and my siblings were sent under our grandparents' care.

We left the house, but my father was so concerned about our belongings, so my mom's younger brother and my dad's friend were asked to look after them. My uncle stayed there for about 2 weeks. Then, suddenly one evening, he came home to my grandma's house. He said he was not feeling well and thought that he was having one of his usual asthma attacks. The whole night went really bad. My grandma stayed up to watch over him. Then, past midnight, I woke up to a loud, eerie voice of my uncle. He sounded as if he was having a nightmare. My grandma kept shaking him but he was unconscious. Minutes passed and he eventually came back to his senses, but having no idea about what had happened to him. My grandparents then decided to take him to the hospital. Halfway to the hospital, my uncle went unconscious again and was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctor. It was 4:00 am.

The stranger part was, back to our wooden house, my dad's friend was left alone that night. He decided to sleep in the auto repair shop in front of the house. Around 4:00 am, he recalled having awaken to a strange noise coming out from the house. There was a flickering light and as if there were unknown creatures partying inside, banging the utensils and scratching the wooden walls. He couldn't figure out what it was until he came to know that my uncle was dying on that same ungodly hour.

A few days later, my parents returned to that house to take all of our stuff and totally abandon the place. My mom recalled that it was an eerie afternoon. There was a complete silence and the wind was blowing cold.

A week after my uncle's death, a taxi cab went tumbling right in front of that lot. According to the news, the driver lost control when a lady dressed in white suddenly came out from the bushes and crossed the highway.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thirtythree, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Also PJ to add onto what Miracles stated, there is a sister site for psychics that might be of better assistance than us.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
PJ - to be fair to both you and the o/p of this story, if you have experiences you want to share submit them as your own story. Then you can ask for advice and/or help. Asking questions on someone else's story, without even commenting about their experience, is a bit rude and can also lead to your comment being deleted.
PJ (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
I see things that are not of this world, and honestly, I don't like it because they continue to bother me and I can' really concentrate on my studies.

Guys, what do you think? Do you think that having this "sixth sense" is a gift or a curse?
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-10)
It's the connection between the kamatsile tree and the three rubber trees that makes me wonder if a ley line runs between the two. It would make sense as to why the chaos includes the highway and is not isolated to the area of the house.
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
I 100% believe that whatever it was that caused the goats to all die as well as your uncle then make your mom ill was something not of this plain. It is not the first story that has been told of someone getting ill because of contact with the supernatural. Especially if you say that all the tests checked out fine with your mom. Also, how do we explain the events that your uncles friend witnessed? This is indeed one of the better stories that I have read in a while. I am sorry for all the BS you had to endure but hopefully all is well now.

2 quick questions...

1. Did they perform an autopsy on your uncle to determine the cause of death?

2. What was the span within the deaths of the goats from the first to the last and how many of them gave still births?

Hoping the best for you
Kiego
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
As with SwimsinFire I also thought TB to be the cause. You're fine and dandy while in remission then suddenly it strikes its last blow.

This spirit reminds me of one of those heralds of death you hear about in folklore. What are they called, Banshees?

Sorry to hear about the goats and troubles you went through.
thirtythree (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
Hi Lady-glow & Swimsinfire!
Thank you so much for the comments.
I'm sorry I didn't stress out about my mom's condition that time. Anyway, she did have a check up when she was staying with my aunt and the result came out just fine. Her x-ray was clear and that left us a big question. She gained her health back just days after she left our house.
I would like to link my story to a haunted place just about a hundred meters away from that lot we had rented. The place is a sugarcane plantation on the other side of the highway. In the middle of the field stood a cluster of 3 giant rubber trees. The trees are obviously old, more than a hundred years, I guess. Here is a link about a short info about those trees - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mariit/message/42. This place is one of the most popular haunted places in our province. Vehicular accidents often happen on this straight highway. My friends & I even did a rescue on one of the car disasters that took place there 16 years ago. Motorists honk 3 times whenever they pass through this part of the highway to brush off the spell that often leads to the accident.
I have heard a lot of stories that the 3 rubber trees have an energy connection to the Kamatsile tree on the lot we had rented. Some witnesses often tell about a lady dressed in white coming out from the 3 trees, crossing the highway & down to the lot where the Kamatsile tree is, or vice versa.
Anyway, life indeed got better after leaving that place. Last year I went back to the Philippines (my family is now living abroad), I droved past this lot & took a glance at it. I couldn't recall the life we had on that place anymore but the feeling of pain, hopelessness & fear gripped me one more time.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
I think there was genuinly a ghost on the property, but also a lot of natural things that maybe you all should see a doctor about. You know if goats get to munching on bushes that have silk worms, that causes them to have still-births. As for your Mom feeling ill and caughing up blood, not to say the dreaded T word, but it IS an airbourn disease, can last a long time without a hoast in warm humid climates, and it's tell tail symtom is feeling like an asthma attack and caughing up blood. You can feel sick and then it goes into remission and you feel better, but you still have it. Wouldn't hurt to get checked for TB. Maybe that's why there's a ghost there.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Welcome to YGS!
Your story is very interesting and sad for all the losses your family had.
But there are some things that could have a natural explanation:
Your goats became ill and died; perhaps they ate or drank some of the chemicals your father used in his work? -I know goats get into everything and anything they get across.
Your mother getting sick and coughing blood; you were having money problems and I am sure your mother would try to feed her children first neglecting herself and probably went anemic and malnourished and her body would have trouble fighting any illness.
And then your uncle, he had asthma; I'm thinking again chemicals and fumes. Breathing them wouldn't help his situation and perhaps he died after a severe asthma attack.
As for the lady in white, perhaps she really was a ghost attached to the land, you could research the history of the place and see if there are other people living there and if they too have gone through the same kind of misfortune.

I hope your life improved after leaving that place.
Take care and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: