You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Traveling Eye Glasses And My Very Weird Day

Real Ghost Stories

The Traveling Eye Glasses And My Very Weird Day

 

My husband, Mike, wears glasses all the time, except when we go into a casino. Our grandson found a website where you can get two pair of glasses with frames for about $6.00. Large selection of brand name frames and any script on the lenses. He got them within 6 weeks and loves them.

We were driving up to Red Hawk, the Indian casino in Shingle Springs about 45 minutes from our home, and I glanced over at him and thought what a great deal he had gotten and decided I'm going to get my next pair from there.

When we got to the casino, he took them off and laid them on the ashtray like he always does and yes, he's very hard on his glasses, locked the car up and went into the casino. After several hours, we left and when we got in the car his glasses were not on the ashtray. We looked around on the floor and the seats and couldn't find them. He had his other pair, put them on and said we'll look further when we get home. We did and still couldn't find them. I went out and looked again after he went to sleep.

The next day, I was sitting on my recliner watching t.v. And saw a very small shadow out of the corner of my eye. I don't think much about these things because I do get the occasional "visitor". I looked back at the t.v. And this is kind of hard to explain because it's so weird but I'll try. On the bottom left corner of the wall mounted flat screen t.v. I could see a black drop forming. It then slowly dripped down about 6" until it went behind the sofa table that's in front of the t.v. And didn't reappear. It was just gone and left me sitting there thinking WTH was that?! I got up and checked and there was nothing there.

I should explain the layout a little here. The wall the t.v. Is on is right next to the fireplace. The fireplace mantle and surround is all brick and extends the entire length of the wall. The mantle is about 14" from the floor and extends out about 18". I have a lot of plants, pictures, rocks and stuff that probably should be elsewhere but isn't, on it.

One of the plants on it is a large split leaf philodendron. I'm watching the show and from out of the back of the t.v. On the opposite side of the "drip" a very light blue bubble/orb/circle thing came floating out and went through and under the leaves of the philodendron. The leaves on it started moving and the bubble didn't reappear.

At this point, I've reached the stage where I'm thinking, "something weird is going on here". About 20 minutes later I glance something out of the corner of my eye, look to my right and up on the same wall as the fireplace is on and opposite of the t.v. Near my husband's recliner up by the ceiling are two square lights overlapping each other and they're vibrating back and forth very fast. They're both probably about 6" square. I looked at them for about 5 seconds and started to get up to get a closer look and to see if I could find a source for it and as I set down the remote and before I could get out of the chair, I heard a "pop" and they were gone.

That was the last of the weird stuff, but I should add that my dog Rosie and my cat Tucker both behaved strangely throughout the entire time all this happened. Rosie became very clingy and Tucker was very skittish. It was a hot day and usually Rosie is on the tile floor cooling her belly. This day she was up on the chair with me and practically on my lap. At one point Tucker raced down the hallway and back and tore through the dining/kitchen room into the laundry room and slammed into the plastic garbage can, knocking it over. He then sauntered back into the kitchen, trying to look dignified and I just laughed at him and said "idiot".

So finally to the end of the lengthy piece. My husband came home about 3 hours after all this and did his usual, looking at the mail, changing into his jammies, having a snack, grabbing the remote and goes to settle down in his recliner. He bends down to move a blanket off his chair and says, "Oh thank you for finding my glasses hon". (He's still wearing his other pair) I looked over at him and asked him to please repeat what he just said. He says, "Thanks for finding my glasses" and picks them up and shows them to me. They were right beside his chair on the fireplace mantle!

I said, "Honey, I didn't find your glasses. We both looked in the car when we got home and I went out after you went to sleep and I couldn't find them". He looked at me and said "What?". I repeated myself and said "How did those glasses get there?" He said, "I don't know and I don't want to talk about it.". He does not like anything about the subject of ghosts or hauntings. He does believe in them, but just won't talk about it.

The whole day was strange and I'm wondering if all that weirdness had something to do with it. I never felt scared or anxious about any of it but at the one point I knew something weird was going on. And what on earth could that "drip" have been?! I do want to add that I've had some very strange things happen at the casino and I have no doubt whatsoever about that place being haunted and have had it confirmed by some of the people working there. Not in a bad way though. More of a "I'm here" type.

My apologies for the length of this. Just wanted to get as much detail as possible. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Other hauntings by babygoatpuller

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, babygoatpuller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-09-29)
Hi babygoatpuller,

Wish I had a friendly entity finding lost things for me. That's a fascinating story.

All these learned comments remind me of conversations with a boyfriend I used to date. He taught quantum physics at college and would go on about Einstein's Theory of Relativity, space-time continuum, the concept of alternate dimensions and how time is not actually linear.

I read this sci-fi story years ago (wish I can remember its name) about some space explorers encountering some entity from another dimension. The presence manifested as orbs of light surrounding a person, who would disappear. The story goes that the orbs were actually fingertips of a creature much larger than a human. The alien tourist was picking up each person in curiosity and taking him back to their dimension as a holiday souvenir. Sounds very Lovecraft though.

Hmm...What if some of these paranormal/supernatural happenings are a products of wrinkles in space? Things go missing when they fall into these temporal rifts, only to reappear when the fissure corrects itself?

I think I hear the sound of the Tardis, so I must go now! 😘
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
Dear BGP, how delightful to find another one of your submissions. I know I am late to this party, as usual, but I have been incommunicado for a while.

Your experience is most peculiar! 😕If I were in your shoes, I would have been doubting my eyesight and/or sanity. Sadly, I have no clue as to what might have happened, though I see many other posters have some brilliant theories.

I just wanted to let you know that I read, and enjoyed your narrative. I am so glad your hubby got his specs back, even if it was under the strangest circumstances.

Be well my friend, and enjoy the "Silly Season".
❤ as always.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
Sorry for the delay everyone. We've been at the casino for the holidays. 😊

Arabella- Do tell more about the squares of light you've seen. They're very intriguing to me. It's not the first time I've see light shows on my walls.

Manifon- Yes, I remember you discussing apportation in another account. It was very intriguing and seems to fit in well here. I don't know any psychics and I've always thought that his deceased mom has had his back and been with him. I've told him that it was her that brought us together and I believe that with all my heart. So maybe, just possibly she had a hand in this as well. I'll be looking on Amazon for the book. Thank you so much for the info.

Biblio- "Trippy" is exactly the correct term for that day! 😆 I hope you get all your stuff back. An electrical cord from your massage chair?

Val- None of the other components seemed to match up with the glasses. The drip was a solid black and didn't resemble an earpiece. I think that and the light "show" is what confounded me the most. It wasn't the first time I've seen unexplained lights on my wall. I had one large square one appear one time and of all things, it looked to have Arabic writing on it. I got up from the chair to take a picture of it and just as I was going to snap the picture it, it blinked out. Pissed me off because my husband is from Egypt and he would have been able to decipher it for me. 😠

Tweed- If I don't keep a "meh" attitude, I'd have to camp/live down by the crick. Lol. I agree with you about these researchy dudes. They make me think harder than I usually do in everyday life. I like that. I asked a friend who is a soon to be mom, the other day, "In your opinion, do you think having a baby is symbiotic or parasitic". She'd been complaining about being pregnant and the look on her face was priceless! She was still pondering it when I left. The drip was thick liquid-y like.

BeagleMom- Your account was the reason I decided to share mine! I started to comment on yours but it turned into what I wrote and I thought I'd just submit it. Your account was so strange. When you said the pendant had gotten caught in the hem that had been stitched up, I just thought "WEIRD!"

Enlightened- Thanks for commenting and I'm just happy his glasses showed up right where he usually puts them. I'm not a big fan of things disappearing and NOT showing up! Lol

Thank you everyone for your comments and insight!
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
Very interesting experience! My family and I have also had articles disappear and reappear. It's very strange. Sometimes we never find them, other times they will show up in a very strange place months later...
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Seems to me I've had some experiences along these "drip" lines that I just wrote off or put out of my mind. Never connected them to the discovery of missing items. Something to watch for in the future.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Well! I am abruptly brought back to my one and only story on YGS. It is about a diamond pendant that freed itself from a gold chain around my neck (without breaking the chain). At any rate, somehow, the pendant wended it's way into the hem of the oxford button down shirt that I was wearing. I "found" it some 4-5 hours after I noticed it gone. There was no communicating passage down to the hem, where it was found and I needed a seam ripper to extricate it!

Naturally Manafon1's comment caught my attention. The account he/she sighted in "The Everything Guide To Evidence Of The Afterlife", sounded just about right! Then I read Bibliothecarius insites. I must report that now I have a tremendous headache! Sorry Biblio! Nothing personal. It can probably be attributed to a bit of underdone Brussel Sprout, or a bit of flat Champagne from yesterdays feast...

Thank You!

Mother of Beagles
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-25)
Goatpuller, what the hell is going on at your place? 😆

I really like Manafon's findings, those researchy dudes seem to be on to something that seems fitting for those glasses.

There's this bit in an old Simpsons episode that always cracks me up. Marge is worried about Bart's behaviour and is expressing this to a preoccupied Homer. Homer is reading the paper.

Marge: Homer, have you noticed anything different about Bart lately?

Homer: New glasses?

Marge: No, he seems a bit down.

Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge: I'm worried, I think you should have a talk with him.

Homer: Yeah, then you get the chair.

Marge: Homer, that's not what I meant!

Homer: It is, Marge, admit it.

---
Anyway, may I suggest taking note of your house plants, any changes etc. Something supernatural going into the leaves and whatnot would prompt me to expect some very healthy plants!
Very fascinating, all this reappearing objects stuff. I like Val's idea about the drip being an ear piece. Was that drip like liquid?
Yeup, I think 'trippy' is a very good word for all of this.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-25)
BGP,
As you know, I've experienced the disappearing/reappearing item thing countless times, as well as things 'traveling' or being transported to another local. It sure is a trippy experience. I've never witnessed the materializing (re-assembling?) of items, just the end result. However, I think that Manafon and Biblio are on to something.
Maybe the 'drip' was an ear piece? Did the other shapes you see match components of the glasses?
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
Greetings, BGP.

That must have been a perplexing sequence of phenomena to have witnessed! Your descriptions were particularly vivid; I think you were very fortunate in glimpsing these phenomena. If your husband hadn't found his glasses in an equally inexplicable manner, I'd have recommended having your house tested for mold spores and your water supply for chemical contamination! I believe that Tweed has used the word "Trippy" in the past...

I'm fascinated by the implications of Manafon's suggestion. While I'm not certain that "molecular malleability" is possible without a physical/chemical/quantum-level interaction with another atom or molecule, the suggestion that some sort of supernatural consciousness has agency over physical objects ("agency" as in "the ability to alter/affect/adjust/act") independent of the perceived time stream in which they exist has peculiar implications.

Johann Zollner's theory, as outlined in the attributed quote (top marks, Manafon!), implies a need to account for the same duration of existence, both within and outside of time as experienced by us; if the objects were "lifted" from the present, as perceived by the individual who has/owns the object, and were returned at a future point -which would also be "the present" for the individual- there would be no need to explain "duration" outside of the time stream because there isn't a correlation to it in the experience of the intelligence which is attempting to comprehend a physical object. The object moves from "now" and is returned to "now" without time passing because, in both **physical** locations, it is "now." Framed glass lenses which bend lightwaves to focus them upon a specific point within a biological being that is capable of crafting the lenses' curves would seem peculiar to anyone who has never seen eyeglasses; it would follow, therefore, that an intelligence outside of our collective human experience would find this peculiar in the extreme.

Zollner's suggestion, that psychics are more aware of this process than non-psychics, is nonsensical; I'd wager that almost everyone can remember having "lost" something, only for it to show up again later in unusual or peculiar circumstances.

That said, it is possible that adept psychics are capable of noticing the effects of the extraction process or the reintroduction process, whereas others suspect an unobserved supernatural event or their own absent-mindedness, but that's exactly the point. The object is returned to prevent its absence from being observed (just as any researcher or scientist would attempt to minimize altering the environment being examined); a failure to comprehend the nature of "object permanence" -which human beings develop around the age of 4- because of a lack of firsthand experience with the perceived "directionality" of time would account for an extra-temporal intelligence accidentally creating the activities you witnessed as side-effects to the process of indulging his/her/its curiosity.

Wow. Too much pumpkin pie and not enough Pinot Noir (from Sonoma Valley).

I'll be watchful for peculiar phenomena in my Monstera deliciosa (it's at the back of my classroom and I tell the students it's a Triffid). Not only would I like to see weird droplets, supernatural bubbles, and sourceless lights, but also I'd like the return of my heavily-annotated copy of Ibsen's "Hedda Gabler," the paring knife from the knife block, the jar of 6" Philips head screws, the plastic bad guy from my (vintage Corgi Die-Cast gold-painted) James Bond Aston-Martin DB5, the electrical cord for my massage chair, several cat toys...

Best,
Biblio.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
Hi babygoatpuller--I thoroughly enjoyed reading the mystifying account of your husband's vanishing glasses. It really sounds like an "apportation". I have brought this theory up on YGS before but only in passing. Joseph M. Higgins and Chuck Bergman discuss the theory in their book, The Everything Guide To Evidence Of The Afterlife. To quote, "Nineteenth century German professor Johann Zollner put forward the theory of a fourth dimension to explain the phenomenon. The objects (in the case of your husband, his glasses) are said to be lifted into this four dimensional space and transported to the desired three dimensional space, similar to lifting an object from an enclosure and keeping it outside. It has been proposed that psychics possess a four dimensional way of seeing and perceiving things, which is a higher order of experience from the general nonmedium / psychic population."

The book further states that objects are "apported" by "spirits through their willpower (and they) are capable of disintegrating the apport into its basic molecular shape without changing its form. This form is capable of passing through all matter that it encounters on its journey..." This particular book discusses objects being apported by means of a medium but it seems clear that a spirit from the other side could also be capable of this mind blowing ability. As the authors go on to state, "The medium, again through willpower, is capable of reintegrating the object. This theory is based on the belief that there is a fourth state of matter associated with higher molecular malleability."

The light/orb/drip/"pop" anomalies you witnessed (and heard) may have been associated directly with your husband's glasses being apported onto his chair. Seems you might have seen the accompanying phenomenon that occur when an object is apported to its final destination. Whether by a spirit or a living medium is something completely unknown.

I had a key that was firmly clenched in my hand vanish about six months ago. I didn't hear a popping sound, as you mention in your account, but I sensed an internal "shift", as if my consciousness was briefly tampered with. That key has still not reappeared. In that regard your husband was very lucky!

Thanks for sharing your wild account. I hope some of the above ideas are of interest to you and your husband.
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
Wow. Just wow. Very interesting account. I have no explanation, but I'm intrigued.
Arabella (4 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
I found this very interesting as my sister experienced a visitation that involved squares of light and I have seen orbs a number of times in my house and outside.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: