You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Do Not Disturb

Real Ghost Stories

Do Not Disturb

 

Hey everyone! Thought I would share a story an aunt of mine shared with me recently about her experience using a Ouija board. Names have been changed. It really scared me but I also found it really interesting.

She was in her late 20's married to her husband (my uncle). One night they went out to visit some friends. After a fun night of music, food, and drinking my aunt's friend decided to bring out a Ouija board to play with as they lounged in the living room with nothing to do. They were all very excited to use it, especially my aunt who had always wanted to try one.

They started their session with my aunt and 2 of her friends touching the planchette. My uncle making jokes and a few others looked on. They started off by asking the normal questions: "Is anybody there?", "Does anyone want to talk?" etc. They didn't receive any responses and after running out of ideas my aunt's friend asked her if there was anyone she wanted to talk to. My aunt's mother passed away 3 years prior so she decided she wanted to try and communicate with her. "Mom?" Finally after a short time the board responded with a "YES". They all got excited and the normal blame game of "you're moving it" started along with my drunk uncle calling bulls*** as a spectator. "Hi how are you? I've missed you so much". After a while the board spelled out "STOP PLAYING WITH THIS RIGHT NOW". The board didn't work after that. She continued to call out to her mom but the planchette didn't budge. They gave up and continued their night and eventually left later that night.

My aunt and uncle arrived at their home, paid the babysitter, and after checking on the kids decided to go to bed. Shortly after falling asleep my aunt awoke. She opened her eyes to find that sitting at her bedside was her mother staring at her... My aunt jolted awake but was too afraid to talk. It didn't matter because the ghost decided to... In Spanish, in a firm but not really threatening way, almost warningly... "Elizabeth... I am at rest. Don't you disturb me again while I am trying to rest." Then she vanished... Shaken, my aunt started crying waking up my uncle. She told him what happened and he had to hold her for the rest of the night. She told me she never touched an Ouija board ever again and never will.

Other hauntings by resz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, resz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
thanks for sharing your experience:) I was thinking of using that board, but after reading some experiences I don't think I will even love to see it LOL
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
wow that is crazy!
Maybe ghosts only haunt you from ouija boards because you bothered them while they were at rest!
They don't want to go back to earth when they're in peace! It's not right.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I see you have myspace. I use to but to much BS so I stuck with Facebook. I know this has nothing to do with any stories. Its cool to put a Face with your stories tho.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I'm new to the site but I just read your two older stories. Thanks for sharing tho'. I have also started to remember stuff but I've only been able to post 1. The sites closed for now but I'm waiting for them to post my 2nd story and just like some people, the more I read the more I remember. I don't have the internet on my computer but I have the new Droid cell phone and it can do more then a computer can do. LOL but to comment about the board, I found it very touching about your Aunts story. I used the board when I was back in middle/high school. It would take me forever to write all them stories but I learned my lesson. I hope to read some more of your stories.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
i never did get them boards to work maybe that a good thing all the bad things I hear about it scary perry jerry lary
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Excellent story... I truely liked this account because it so simple. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Logan
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Wow! That's a really interesting story, Thanks for sharing it. But ya, I hear that it can upset them because once they're at rest, It's just better to leave them that way, and not to bother them with things like ouija boards and stuff, cause it really can upset them sometimes. Thanks for sharing:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
resz: I have a theory, that if you use a ouija board to reach spirits who are already at peace, they get upset, and THAT is what causes a lot of the so called "demonic" activity... They want to go back to resting... Not saying that is the case every time, but I know how pissed off I get when some one wakes me from a "dead" sleep! 😆...Most of the time, people use the board to contact their deceased relatives for reassurance that they are indeed, at peace...Well, if you wake them up, they're not resting anymore and they may just pitch a hissy fit!...

I think your aunt's mom was just telling her to get on with her life, and not worry about her...

Good story, thanks for posting!

no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Playing an Ouija Board is never a good idea. Trust me, the results ain't pretty. I hope this teached you're Aunt that talking to dead people who's already resting is never a good idea, sometimes casualties could take place you know. So, Ouija Board player, don't mess with the Dead.
Lordskid (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Ouija boards are demonic. I don't go near them anymore. I tried using some online though but it never worked. They are doorways by which demons enter us.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
True the board can be a marvel in the right hands but just like mom said, she's resting leave her alone. I for one believe that's the least we can do for those who have passed.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Very nice story. Perhaps we can learn a lesson and stop using that board when all it seems to do is cause trouble (yeah, I know... Sometimes it works wonders, but it's just not worth all the trouble).
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
I'm surprised nothing bad happened. I'm and expert with the board and I can say with all my years of using the board, That has only happen once or twice. Its rare but it can happen. I think that is remarkable. Anyone to needs help using the ouija board feel free to email me at ouijacondom [at] hotmail.com
Again that is an amazing story. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Thats a good assumption cosmogal, it does seem as a warning of such, just goes to show you can never really control what will come through using the ouija board. I'm glad that's all your Aunt experienced from it.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Wow that is a very powerful story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. The way I interpret this is that your aunt's mother was protecting her by telling her to "Stop Playing with this Right Now"! Maybe there was an evil entity that wanted to come through and she was trying to stop it. I also think that telling your aunt that she was at peace and not to disturb her again was intended to protect her from the board not to hurt her feelings.
Thanks again, and take care 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: