You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: We Clean A Haunted House 3

Real Ghost Stories

We Clean A Haunted House 3

 

This story is for all the gentle people who are more attuned to the spirit world, who have seen, felt and reveled in the knowledge that there is life after death and we are privileged to have had these wonderful if not sometime frightening experiences. This story is for the same people who live among mortals who just don't get us at all.

I am married to Wayne, a wonderful man who at times has looked at me as if I had taken a liking to drinking out of strange toilets. I would tell him about my experiences at the haunted house and he would laugh and say "that's nice dear" like I was telling him about what's for dinner. I would always say to him "next time I am taking you with me" and he would say "never!" Well as fate would have it "never" came about a month later with a big change in our financial situation.

My hubby lost his job, so with a quick decision to not upset our finances, I went back to a career, and Wayne took over a portion of the house cleaning while he looked for another job. That meant yes, he would have to clean the Haunted House. He started cleaning the house several weeks ago. The first couple times there was nothing, not a peep. I think my little buddy was afraid of my husband, all cranky six foot four of him. That would scare any little kid. I would ask Wayne "did you see or hear anything" He would say "no". Then one day the little fella decided to come out and play.

Wayne was in the master bathroom (typical hot spot). He said while he was cleaning the shower he heard a little voice say "Hi" Wayne thinking that the family came home stepped out of the bathroom to see who was there. He called out and no one answered. He quickly finished up and gathered all his supplies and headed out to the hallway. On the landing before the steps was a ball a stuffed animal and a doll, all lined up. Wayne knew they were not there when he came up the steps, in fact he had seen the doll in the corner of the bedroom earlier. He was in disbelief! Of course someone surely must be playing tricks on him. He told me he searched the house but there was not a soul there, he also said when he was downstairs ready to leave, he heard the sound of children running in the hall upstairs. Hmmmmm... I am trying to keep a straight face and not be my usual sarcastic self. But I can't help myself... I say "that's nice dear" The next visit brought even more fun and games and had my husband re-thinking this whole ghost thing.

Wayne went to the haunted house last Friday. He said he went into the house and everything seemed pretty normal. He said he was mopping the kitchen floor and he started hearing sounds as if someone was banging on the floor above him. He would stop working and the banging would stop, soon as he would start mopping the banging would start again. He finally decided to go check it out. He went upstairs and couldn't find anything that would make that bang. He went back down the steps and as he got to the bottom something bounced past him "what?" it's a little rubber ball... Wayne was now remembering all my stories that include the rubber ball and started to get a little unnerved. He explained to me that the next 2 hours were spent dodging flying dolls, balls, picking up toys that appeared from nowhere and thinking "Keep going, get done and get the hell out of here" Finally he finished up, he was barely in the car and dialing on his cell phone, Who? Yes me, the crazy wife who see's ghosties...

I guess I am not so crazy.

I think Wayne has a new appreciation for the brave woman he is married to, who week after week returned to the haunted house alone. I have a new appreciation for Wayne and the pleasure in knowing that I am now married to a believer...

I love you honey!

Other hauntings by Haunted_cleaner

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haunted_cleaner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dannydsa (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Sweet story but I am still curious I think with pictures I will be really satisfied โค ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
Sweet Validation! So glad you don't need to fight that particular current anymore! Something more to share. Very happy for you both.
Cinx102 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Another super entertaining read! You're an amazing writer, please keep writing more. You and your husband are really funny, aha. Please start on that story about YOUR house ๐Ÿ˜Š

-Cindy
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
These series of stories are so interesting. You must be really brave to go back there after the first time.
How are things now, it has been a while since the post.
Thanks
P
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
I love your stories - this one is a hoot. I was laughing all the way through
Scooby (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Love your stories but this one is tops! The "That's nice, Dear" retort is great!
Thanks for sharing and making me giggle!
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Great story Haunted Cleaner! I think it's fantastic that your husband got a taste of what you've been trying to show him for such a long time. I bet you couldn't stop smiling all day the first time he told you he had an encounter! Ha ha! ๐Ÿ˜†
But seriously, have you tried to learn a bit more about the history of the property? I'm not sure if the owners would think that was strange or not but you might consider asking them about the presence (s) in the house. I'd be willing to bet they have some stories of their own to share with you.
I haven't seen any of your other stories so I am going to check them out right now! I can't wait to read about your other encounters!
Please check out my stories if you get the chance. Thanks for sharing!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Haunted Cleaner: another awesome story they really are a great read, I can't remember if I have asked you this before but have you spoken to the owners about this at all? Sorry if I have!

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
Great stories, Haunted Cleaner, and a pleasure to read. I could sit and read your tales all day.

I think the thing that would've freaked me out the most is that little rubber ball rolling from out of nowhere.

As for your hubby, glad to see he finally knows what a brave lady he's married to.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
I think it's very sad and disappointing that a person evidently trusts another enough to marry them and yet, time and time again, does not believe their spouse when they recount an experience such as a paranormal one. What can we conclude from this? It means that this person to whom one is married feels that the other's judgment is just not up to snuff--in essence that they do not trust them.

Funny, that considering that the given person's judgment was such that they chose this person who now doubts them for a spouse. I think that's very kind of you and shows a largesse of spirit that you understood his disbelief and forgive him. I also hope that a very humble apology on his part has been prepared and delivered to you.

That's what a gentleman would do.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Great story it all started with hi, then the fun and games started, I guess our spirit friends too would get a kick out of converting a 6foot 4 inch non believer,๐Ÿ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hainted: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...That is too funny! ๐Ÿ˜†...I think my husband is convinced now too, after something that he and my son searched the garage three or four times over, finally "appeared" a couple of days later where BOTH of them had looked several times because that is where he left it... He asked me, "how do they DO that?" LOL... I dunno!...Then my clock radio keeps going static-y, and he wants to know "what the hell that noise is"...I tell him it's my ghosties saying HI!...

Good story, like the others ๐Ÿ˜Š, in my faves... โค
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
What a great story! I guess sometimes seeing is believing for some people.:)

Jennifer โค
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Added this one to my favorites!

I just love when non-believers who look at you cross-ways when you talk about paranormal things get a dose of it themselves. And suddenly they are running to you with their stories and you have a nice little opportunity to say, gently, "I told you so!"

Or, in your case, "that's nice dear". Hahaha! Well done!
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hello Haunter cleaner,

Love your style and as BadJuujuu said, "priceless":)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Haunted cleaner - how did I miss your first two stories?! Omigosh... Absolutely wonderful! I'm sitting at work (shhh), reading these and laughing out loud. Thank God everyone else is at lunch!

The little boy, oh how sweet! I've had a couple of little girls and they are a complete joy to have around. You never know what's going to happen next.

I completely understand the "where do they go when they aren't here" thing. I wonder it all the time. Maybe they do vacation; summer home, winter home, etc. Why not?

I truly enjoyed reading these. I'll be reading them again.

Guess the little boy figured Wayne was okay to play with, huh?

So, who was more surprised, your sister or your husband? And who was more apologetic? ๐Ÿ˜†

Looking forward to more.

Marjie
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Haunted Cleaner, I really enjoy reading your stories. You always somehow manage to express humor over fear, and that is refreshing. Please keep us updated ๐Ÿ˜Š
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Glad your husband is now a believer ๐Ÿ˜†.
What an interesting house, and "that's nice dear" Priceless ๐Ÿ˜Š
Blessings

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: