You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Thieving Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Thieving Ghosts

 

In March of this year, my friend and I were in my basement relaxing. I sat my phone down, stood up and came back to find it gone. I'm sure you're thinking, "maybe your friend has it" but he was nowhere near my phone when I moved and I hadn't gone further than two feet.

Later, we go to my old elementary school and take pictures on my camera then ride to Wendy's (drive thru). I'm 100% sure I had my camera in my jacket pocket because I can recall being annoyed by how uncomfortable it was in my pocket. We return to my house, go back to the basement and settle down. I take my jacket off, eat and then decide I want to upload the pictures... Only to find out my camera is now missing too. We searched the house up and down, in and out and even in my car... But found nothing. We didn't even hear my phone vibrating while calling it, so after two days of searching, we quit and hoped it would return later (months later, neither items have been found).

That same night, we decided to turn off all the lights and sit in the dark. My basement has a history of paranormal activity and items going missing, so I wasn't too surprised, more-so annoyed. My friend asked a few questions but we never heard a response... Only odd noises and the sounds of someone walking around upstairs; the usual. We listen in silence and eventually go to different parts of the house to 'investigate'. He heard footsteps loud and clear walking towards him, while I heard the sound of a small creature running around the corner when I exited the bathroom upstairs, which I find rather interesting because a few years back, one night while walking home, I clearly saw a wolf by my mail box, seemingly growling at me. My feet and my heart stopped, I blinked and it disappeared. A few nights later, while exiting the kitchen, I step out to see another but smaller wolf staring at me from the beginning of the hallway. It slowly faded away.

We return to the basement and begin sharing spiritual stories. He ended up falling asleep on the couch before me, so I lay in the dark, listening to whispering voices speaking in the backroom that gives off the strongest feeling of a presence (also where the footsteps came from). The walking upstairs continued but the oddest thing happened around 4 a.m.

While laying on the couch in the dark, I heard a rumbling noise in the house and slightly felt it vibrating. I almost shrugged it off as a loud junk car passing by, but realized how close it sounded and felt, and also how empty the roads were outside my house. The rumbling stopped and then finally, I heard something that resembled extremely strong winds blowing - - inside the house, upstairs.

For quite some time now, I've noticed a shift in the feeling the house gives. Previously, I only sensed the presence of maybe two spirits, harmless at the most. But as time went on, I literally felt as if more malicious and playful (annoying) spirits found their way into my house. They've always seemed to prey on me, especially when I was alone. Whenever I mention this to people, they come to the conclusion that they're following me... Which I've also come to believe, judging by the events that have occurred in my life.

A few days later, my parents tell me my phone is no longer going straight to voicemail, it rang as it normally would. But I knew its battery was beyond dead. My Mother also tells me she heard my phone ringing and making noises upstairs... But I reminded her that it was on vibrate, it would've been dead by then and I last had it in the basement. So I even check for any activity on my phone; nothing. I just want my stuff back.

Other hauntings by heyxay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, heyxay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

katm72 (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I have had many unusual things happen in my home. The one thing that stands out the most that I will never forget would be when I had a dream that I had lost my earring, when I woke up it was gone. I was very upset since this was 1 of the earrings that my husband had given me for our anniversary. I know, I shouldn't wear earrings to bed. Anyway, I searched every where, until I just decided to take a shower. When I got out of the shower I went to put on my clothes, & there on top of my jeans was my earring. I assure you that it wasn't there before. I asked my husband about this & he didn't put it there. He just figured that it was just another strange paranormal event, since we always seem to lose things in our house, then they end up in a totally different place. It is very frustrating, I know. Maybe you could buy a book about this sort of thing. There are many people who you can call that hopefully help if it gets way out of control. You can have a Catholic priest bless your home or you can call in the ghost hunters. I am sure they have dealt with these situations and much worse. 😊
heyxay (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
[at] WhiteBuffalo I don't recall anyone else saying they heard her chanting, only seen and heard her tell them to get out. As for it being happiness or sorrow, I believe it may have been something else... More along the lines of... Demanding. The chants were in bit of a stern voice. Also, the chanting happened after her saying "Get Out".

[at] amk86 I'm pretty sure they know I'm aware of their presence. Its been years of them moving items and have actually broken a plate once. When I was younger, around the time I began to notice things, they made a chair on my Mother's room rock violently.

Our spirit animals appear to be threatening to us? Interesting info though, I'll look more into that.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
This Native Spirit that others have also witnessed that is seen saying "Get out", Are there others that would support the claim that she was chanting right before saying that?
I know that the chants are an unknown to those who do not chant, but could you tell by the rhythm or "tone of voice" if it was a chant of happiness or sorrow?
Do YOU happen to think the two experiences are related?
Wa-do.
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
sounds like you have poltergeist activity (objects moving or being moved). Since you said you have felt an increase in activity, the land that your house is on could be a "portal (Very High Energy) " spot which attracts all things of the spirit world. The moving objects is usually just done for attention and to make you aware that they are there. As for seeing the wolf a few times, it could be your "spirit animal protector". I know this sounds strange but I have read that we all have a spirit animal that watches over us and protects us spiritually throughout our lives along with our own individual angels. The wolf may be your spirit animal.
heyxay (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Hey thanks for the idea but I've tried it many times over the years and have to yet get many items back. Its as if they have no concern for my wants or needs.

As for the history, all I can really say is it sits on a street named Piscataway. There use to be a lot of Native Americans populating the area, and I've actually seen a NA spirit once that other people in the area have also seen. She was always telling people to "get out!". She was also chanting before she told me that.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Very true Granny and Blue_Raven I find the fact that your phone is still ringing very interesting I do hope you get them back and maybe you might find something on the camera also. What is the history of your home?

Thank you for sharing

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
heyxay: blue_raven brought up a good point... Tell whoever that the things you're missing are very expensive, and you would like them back, please...Don't forget the please...It's the majic word LOL 😆...You might have to do it a couple of times... And if the things turn up, be SURE to say thank you!...Always always be respectful when commuticating to spirits... 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
This happens in our house too. There are times that my sons action figures will be gone and we will find it in a different place. There was also an instance that my son will put his feeding bottle cover just beside him then when he is done he will ask his nanny where did the cover go. The nanny will look for it and she will find it in the kitchen sink. You can actually try to tell the spirits to return it to you. 😉
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
I have heard of these things happening to people. Sometimes they've been able to find the missing items and other times they have not. I just can't remember the name of this phenomenon. I'm sure there are people out there that can tell you what this is called. It's strange and it makes you wonder what do they do with these items? I'm sure it's there way of letting people know they are there but I'm sure it is very frustrating for the person it's happening to.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: