You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: What Does This Mean?

Real Ghost Stories

What Does This Mean?

 

First off I think it should be known that I am a huge skeptic. I love watching all the paranormal shows, but I find them more entertaining especially since the camera always seems to cut away when they see something. That being said, I have had a few personal experiences lately that have freaked me out. I have had a necklace with a cross on it for about 4 years now that I purchased myself at a regular store. The necklace and cross are sterling silver and the cross is attached to the necklace by a loop that is welded on both ends so the only way of removing the cross is to slide it off the necklace. Normal enough right?

About a month or so ago, I was at work and noticed my cross wasn't on my necklace so I texted my fiancée who said she just found it in the bed. At that time I didn't realize the loop was welded on both ends so I figured it had a clasp that loosened up. I chalked it up to just being a freak thing. Well, it happened again a week or two later. I was in the shower and noticed the cross was missing, but my necklace was still attached. I went searching and found it in my bed again. This time I thoroughly examined the cross and there isn't even a small crack that it somehow could have worked its way off my necklace through. The cross doesn't even slide back on the necklace easily. At this point it's freaking me out a little.

Last night was the freakiest. I was sleeping and I just had a sense that woke me up and as I opened my eyes all I can recall is just seeing white come right at me. I didn't see a face or anything, the only way I can describe it is just white coming at me. I didn't look at the clock, but I would guess it was about 3am and my room was pitch black. I quickly fell back to sleep thinking it was probably just a bad dream that happened to seem extremely real. When I woke up around 6am and hopped in the shower I realized that once again, the necklace was on, but the cross was missing. After the shower I pulled back the blanket and there it was, on the bed right down by my feet.

Anyone have any thoughts what this means?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seannydeez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Christianwilson92 (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-12-08)
My younger sister passed the 5th of September. This morning my tree of life memorial necklace that has her remains in it did this. There is no damage or bend. I just had to take off the chain and retread it. I don't know how to interpret it.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-29)
Hi, Seanydeez & JohnBravo

I forgot to attach the link to the article I was referring to. Lol.

Here it is:

Https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SilverHasMysticPowers

Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-28)
Hi Seanydeez and JohnBravo

I'm glad you mentioned silver wards off evil JohnBravo. I did a search online and it would benefit SeanyDeez and anyone else who is interested in reading the article.

Thank you for sharing you experience SeanyDeez.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
JohnBravo (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-28)
Same thing, white apparition but when I track it, like a dog with its tail between its legs it shifts. I always wear a silver ring and it was removed last night. I use my cat to spot the intruder and then I attack with the silver ring. Now I've made a salt border so the bastard cannot leave and I will get more silver rings, for each knuckle. How is it possible for them to remove silver? This is supposed to disperse them. South African living in Thailand. Any help on how to fight back, I'm not religious, I'll do it myself. What tools do I need to destroy the demon? Please advise.
rserotta (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
My brother has passed 4 years now. Nothing has been the same. I never spoke with him prior to passing and I am in so much grief, I have looked at many different avenues to contact him. Mediums and physics. Last but not least I went to John Edwards in Orlando I was greatly disappointed. Something crazy happened to me last night, a necklace that my husband bought me several years ago. I h When I was making the bed this morning I found that necklace which has my name on it in the bed and still clasped. What spiritual meaning does this have? I have been waiting for some sign but nothing has happened like this. I absolutely have been stunned. Can someone help?
loera356 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
my daughter send my pics of her chain when she woke up this morning it was still around her neck but the chain broke and her cross was attached to the clasp trying to figure out how that happened and what could it mean wish I could post pics
jkiel1 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
I just posted my story! Essentially the same thing! My newly acquired cross keeps coming off my unclenched neck chain! Today it happened while I was leaving my pharmacy! I felt it fall off the chain and fall down inside my shirt! It is very weird and disconserting!
seanybe4 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
This happened to me today. It was a Celtic cross and the same like your cross and chain as in I cannot understand how it came off. It's very solid and not broken and the chain stayed on my neck only the cross came off. I have read comments and really hope it's not demonic.? I recently started meditating and seen the blue pearl and hope it was something positive guiding me on my journey of spiritual enlightenment
susancrossomg (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
I am just astounded that the same thing happened to me with my cross. Last night I went to sleep with my gold chain and cross on and when I woke up my cross was under my pillow and the chain and loop were around my neck and no break on the cross or the loop so I was wondering how this happened and what it means
justme2day (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
I do not think this is demonic because our family experiences the same thing. My husband and daughters' necklaces are removed during the night too, two cross necklaces and a heart necklace. Their whole necklaces are removed sometimes and sometimes just the crosses. We know we have a spirit of a small boy and we believe that he does it for attention and a typical boy prank. I would just ask them to stop, this works for me. He has been known to try and get into bed with my daughters and I have to tell him to stop. I am not crazy, I have seen this young boy and he is in all white like he is wearing a white t-shirt and pants just as you describe. Just ask your spirit to stop and tell them that it bothers you. I hope this helps you!
Victoira (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Galvon & seannydeez,

Mabey it is just teasing him it doesn't NEED a purpose. 😁

It could be a good spirit just looking for something to do.

Or it could be warning him, about what? I have no clue.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
seannydeez~ I was going to say, you might have had another link that connected the two together that had broken, but only if it had happened once. Three times, definitely sounds like an attempt to inform you of something; good or bad not sure? I would rack my brain to try and conclude a connection somewhere in your life to this cross/necklace.

Also, maybe you could find out from the store you bought it from to see if the necklace was purchased and returned before you purchased it (maybe something happened to that person or they did something strange to the necklace)? Another idea is maybe try and find out about the person (s) who made the jewelry (if other than the jewelry store themselves), maybe the store you bought it at could give you the company's website to see if you can find out something interesting there?

Very intriguing story, thanks for sharing and please keep us updated. Best of luck to you in finding out what is going on too!

...and moonshadow, I agree with you 100%, maybe a "you know what" got loose in here, considering this is a 1st post and NO info on their account page! Hmmmmm?
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Seannydeez: It does seem a bit strange especially when you say the loop on the cross is not broken it's possible someone is trying to tell you something but I cannot figure out the significance with the cross being removed and left in the bed are you having any issues with your faith or anything at the moment or has anyone close to you passed on recentley?
Keep us posted. 😕 😕...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Just a suggestion; get another cross necklace and see if the same thing happens. Also, I know you where the cross necklace but are you very religious? I read that JimD states that 3am is significant and a mention of the devil. I generally don't like to talk about the devil and I really don't think that is it. However, a would say a few prayers and holy water is a great idea. Have you ever thought about getting rid of the necklace?
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Susie: that wasent a very nice thing you said in your post it certinley dosent mean someone is going to die you should be more sensetive to peoples feelings...
suzi (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
hi,you told that you purchaed that cross with a chain right, I think you have to ans my ouestion that are you experiencing such sort of experiences? If so something is wrong with your necklace if at all it was recent check out in your room dear...
JimD (431 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-23)
Hi;

This one is fairly clear. It sounds like demonic harassment, assuming the chain is not defective (which seems unlikely). Use Catholic Holy water, especially at night. Also, the use of the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel help a lot.

3 AM is significant because, during this hour, the Devil mocks and inverts the hour Jesus died on the Cross. If Catholic, I'd suggest frequent receipt of the sacraments, and daily Rosary. But if not, get and use that Catholic Holy water. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
First, I have a question for you.
I have not read through the rest of the comments, so if someone else has asked this, I am truly sorry.

What is it that YOU think is happening? Do you think the loop is passing THROUGH the chain? Do you think someone is slipping the chain off you and removing the cross to replace the chain about your neck? What are your thoughts on it?
Wa-do.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
The 3am part is sending a signal, I have no logical or paranormal explanation to offer you on your story🤔I will wait for your reply?
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Are you a skeptic of all beliefs of an afterlife? (like God, heaven, reincarnation, or any religions, not just christianity...etc?) Sometimes when aethiests and/or skeptics start delving into expanding there beliefs, its almost like a light switch turns on saying "Here I am, FRESH MEAT". This happened with my boyfriend when he became curious about a possible afterlife after being raised with no belief system at all. First, make sure your girlfriend isn't playing around with you (just to eliminate the obvious). It is possible that you've had some kind of negative energy or maybe even a "spirit" of some sort attached to you for a long time and it is now threatened by what it may see as you going in a different direction spiritually. Or, it could even be the opposite, and there are positive spirits or energies trying to get your attention through using the symbol of the cross which is sybolic of Christ. Either way, itsa sign that your spiritual side is awakening and you need to figure out your true beliefs.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Very interesting seems as though something is trying to get to you I don't think it is good either being a cross that it has been removed not twice but three times. Have any other occurences happened to you? Have to get to the bottom of this one. Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
hi,

It could be a warning of some sort. But what keeps me thinking is why whould you find it in your bed? Also, how long have you had this happening? Eversince you had the necklace or just recently?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
seanny: What I find interesting is that you keep finding it in your bed... How have your dreams been lately?...Vivid, confused, or abnormal (like a dream is anything else!) in ANY way?...Are you dreaming of floating, flying, or hovering over places that you don't know?...There's a point to these questions, I promise! 😆
Danie_k (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
of course it is a warning... But if this keeps happening there is spirit in there who porbably a demon... Cause has happen to me to... I have a cross made from the exact same metal... This had happen to me last year for about 6 months then one day... I lost completely... The chain and the cross... I haven't found it yet... I have cleaned my room and the whole house... Still haven't found it... Scary isn't it?
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
susiesalmonisme:

It isn't entirely a smart idea to scare the poster of the story <.<
susiesalmonisme (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
omg, same thing happened to Amy Conners, she died ten months after that... 😢
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Hmmm this is a very interesting story. I was going to ask if you bought the cross at a flea market or pawn shop, but since you got it a regular store it can't be that there is a spirit of a past owner attached to it. Perhaps whatever is in your house is interested in it, or doesn't want you to have it for some reason. Do you know of any deceased relatives or friends who would have been against you wearing a cross? Thanks, and please keep us posted if anything else happens. 😊
freya (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
omg that was soooooo scary I mean up close come on scaryyy 😢 that my friend freaked me out
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
perhaps a warnign of some sort.

This thing might have used the cross as your very skeptic and wouldn't believe it if you saw it.

Perhaps it used the cross as his tool to warn you of something.

Cause why would a spirit or supernaturel being pick up a cross and put it somewhere else withouth meaning?.

Just my thoughts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: