You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: It's Weird The Things That Happen

Real Ghost Stories

It's Weird The Things That Happen

 

I have always believed that there are more to life than just us. I am a born again Christian. I am 31 years old. Enough of the back ground let me get to the story.

Since I have been in my new house (one I built myself) this has happened.

1. In one of my son's rooms the flute he plays started playing by itself no one was in the room. It freaked my entire family out we all heard it. Same night as I am sleeping I was woken up by a huge bang, I just thought it off, went back to sleep and woke again at 3:07am by something touching my left foot. It scared me so bad I slept with the bathroom light on.

2. My wife woke me up out of a dead sleep, I still don't know the reason and neither does she. She just woke up and was scared. As we sat there and talked for a second we both turned and watched our bedroom door close half way and stop. Again... The bathroom light.

3. This just happened. At exactly 3am the TV in my other son's room turned on to nothing but static. We have cable... I was freaked out because right before I was jolted up by the TV I thought my wife was playing with my back... Rubbing a figure in an 8 motion. I thought maybe she was in the mood for (well you know). After we turned the TV off she said she was in a deep sleep... No bathroom light this time but I never went back to sleep that night.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a greenish glow over in the corner... The same kind of glow a cell phone my make when it's on. I tried to recreate it but the glow was way more visible than a cell phone.

4. This happened last night. My son came running in my bedroom. He was listening to his IPOD and heard something hit his window. That's right it was loud enough he heard it over the IPOD. I searched outside and inside for what it may be and nothing... Again... Bathroom light was on.

What in the world is happening to me...?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thescaredone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TJR (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
We are a reputable paranormal research group that does these kind of investigations. If you are interested, we have plenty of equipment to try and get evidence and we do a professional job. We will document and verify every piece of evidence that is found. We do not charge the client for this. Afterwards, after we review all of our evidence we will send you a dvd of all the evidence we did find.
You can email us at acknowledgingsupernaturalspirits [at] hotmail.com
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
BadJuuJuu: African or European? 😆

Rashidah & Lotus: I wish some of the people that give good advice here would give more impartial advice; that is to say, less religion and more advice. I guess it can't be helped so long as it's accepted by the mods, but...well, I can wish. Unfortunately, I guess sometimes we can't help but parrot back some of the things we've already said if we feel our methods work for more than one case, or have worked for our own experiences. Please don't bait each other into arguments. I think it would be better to ignore someone if they say something you don't like, or else you get situations like with bldfalcon and I where you go back and forth forever and accomplish nothing.

Thescaredone: I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time with these occurrances. I can certainly understand where you're coming from. Don't feel bad for needing your wife's support every now and then. It's scary when things are happening that can't be explained as a normal occurrance.

With that said, I hope you will consider my advice as well. If you wish to get rid of this entity, then there are many ways you can do so. You could try simply telling it in a firm and unquestioning tone that you want it to leave, try using holy water as JimD recommends, crystals, prayers, rebukings, salt, and any other methods of spiritual means of ridding your home of unwanted visitors. Because no one incident is ever the same, it's a pain in the butt I'd recommend trying any of those. No matter what works, as long as it works is all that matters.

If you do not wish to get rid of it you can try as I've suggested to others and set "ground rules". It's basically a respectful demand that this entity act like a guest in your home and abide by the house rules like anyone else there. That means no harassing you while you're trying to sleep, no making loud noises at late hours, etc. Because you're so afraid of this entity I want to encourage you to try and overcome your fear. You can, if you wish, openly attempt to communicate and let it know that it's behavior is unacceptable. If it needs something, it should be upfront in what it wants.

Other than that, I wish you best of luck and love... I hope that this helps.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
I sent you an e-mail, love. I hope you are well! I haven't been on in a while & I always enjoy reading your stories & comments!

~LSD~ ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Lotus: Please e-mail me... Not real important, just some info ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
LOL! Thank you BADJUUJUU> That's very thoughtful of you, I apologize to all of you who had to read my rant. I really wish things didn't have to come to this on this site. But this site has changed so much since I have become a member. It seems as though folks want to turn it into a supernatural Jerry Springer with on line assaults. Such a shame.

Any way why are swallows called swallows? TEHEE! Bless all of you & yours.

~LSD~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I hereby change the subject of today's argument. New topic, what is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I don't give the same advise. I really just make suggestions & I like to let the people know where I'm coming from. Let them know I'm real & that I will keep them in prayer. I'm a pastor it's my job, not only my job my DESIRE to love people & accept them for who they are not judging them for what they believe. Yes I am a believer in the super natural. You should read the story I've on here called CONSTANT. I am here because I have the right to be just like the rest of us. Let me ask you a question. Do you get tired of being you? Please don't talk to me OR make any references toward or about me EVER again & I will extend the same respect. I've no desire to waste my energy on meaningless tiffs with the likes of you who can not seem to own up to his own wrong doings & instead blaming his arrogant immature behavior & comments on his sad hard life. I have PLENTY of reasons or should I say excuses to be a total B*TCH trust me. Instead when I'm in the wrong I can admit it & apologize INSTEAD of blaming it on a tough life. Plus I rather be kind to people however that does sometimes cause people to mistake my kindness for a weakness which is a HUGE mistake. So PLEASE leave me alone. And I will leave you alone. Thank you kindly.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
PrincessLotus are you not tired of giving the same old advice over and over and over again for every situation?

Whizzk1d
Do you even believe in the supernatural? Why are you even on this site?
whizzk1d (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
maybe it's casper? Oh know he's a friendly ghost oopz my bad.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
First of all I rebuke that spirit in Jesus name! Thanx for sharing. I know how unnerving it can be to deal with this. Have you tried casting it out on your own already? You belong to Christ & you can. I will continue to pray for your family & keep us posted. My story on here is called CONSTANT, check it out 😊
Well thanks again & bless you & yours.

~LSD~
Chibi_Wolf (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
a figure of 8 on a table when doing bord or table thing mean a demonic /evil spirit 😕 if its mostly in you'r room and you'r sons maby the spirit dose not like males? Else it could want contact with you both or could just be a poltergist. You should see someone about it 😊
ScaredDaytonaFL (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Someone with a background in helping people overcome these things please contact me at cderosa4 [at] cfl.rr.com
katiejohnandmary (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
I forgot to say, that because your son heard something from outside the house, sounds like it's definitely something connected to the land.
katiejohnandmary (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Thank you for sharing your stories.
I don't mean to scare you, but that thing about the tv coming on in your son's room with just static reminded me of "Poltergeist" the movie. I wonder if you sat there while that happened, if you'd hear anyone trying to come through, like a "Frank's box" kind of thing).
Since your son heard something outside his window, and a lot goes on in his room, to me it sounds like something wants to make contact with him specifically, like a spirit of a child just trying to make a friend. Though after your one comment, sounds like it may be that its something that's followed you for a while.
Maybe you are more susceptible, and your son may have also inherit that. Because you two sense them more, and your wife maybe not as much, they might be coming to you two just so someone will acknowledge them, possibly even help them, cross them over. It doesn't sound to me like they mean harm, just trying to mess with you, have fun. I guess that may show to change, and it's not a good sign when you sense the need to fear whatever it is enough that its keeping you out of your house. Though that might just be your fear getting the best of you, and you can try to practice managing that more, not letting it scare you (if its something bad, it will probably only feed on your fear).
But I agree, the advice below is good. Let. Them know you know they're there, set your ground rules, or tell them they are not welcome, and if worse comes to worse, get the church involved.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
To Sergeant:

Thanks for the information. You explained it quite well and I'll go with your explanation. It seems more plausable than a "demon hour" at 3 am when then, only the demons come out to play.

Zetafornow
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
it doesn't seem to do any harm just messing around but its messing around a lot I'm guessing

As long as you don't see or hear it I'd call it good
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Support goes both ways. She is apparantly not as bothered by this as you, so it seems natural that you would want her support with these happenings. So long as you are there for her when something bothers her, there is no reason why you should feel bad about needing her to help you deal with this. If it makes you feel any better, my husband got me to walk him to his car one morning around 3am. He was on his way to work, and was having trouble getting his cooler out of the door. A hand materialized, grabbed the cooler, and set it neatly down on the porch. He was ~slightly~ freaked out, and came to get me. He is also a 31 year old man.
Hang in there my friend.
thescaredone (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
I have never researched the land which I plan on doing today. I got no sleep again last night. I just get this wierd feeling in that room, in that house. I almost want to sell and move! The other day I got off work early before the kids got home from school and before my wife got home from work. I stayed outside - wouldn't go in by myself. I just had a feeling that if I did it was going to (mess) with me again.

Every night before I go to sleep I scoot way over to the middle of the bed to sleep, which aggrivates my wife. She makes fun of me for being a chicken. She has seen the door move and heard the TV turn on by its self. I think she is in denial. But on the other hand I am a 31 year old MAN... I should be the one supporting her not her supporting me?
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
It is probably telling you that "it" or "they" are there. When you bought the land where you built your house did you check the history of the place? Have you had your pastor bless or consecrate your house?
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
thescaredone: Even though this land was a peach tree farm as long as you can remember, something else was probably on it before the farm or something may have happened on it while it was the peach tree farm.
Nevertheless, something WEIRD is going on and the more you are frightened of it, it is going to continue to get stronger and start manifesting itself in other ways. You have received some fantastic advice from the readers on this site, but why don't you try to do something that will give you some strength and power. Go on line and research, write down and document things that are going on in your house and talk to this thing and let it know that you and your family are not frightened of it, you're not there to cause any trouble with it, you are not looking for trouble, so you don't want any problems out of it and let it know that there is a better place for it and it needs to cross on over to the other side. When you start showing signs of strength and as you read more, you become more knowledgeable of what is happening and that will give you power as well.

I pray that everything will cease and this entity or energy will go away and leave you and your family alone.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
thescaredone, given your reply:
"I am the only one that gets touched or sees anything."

It seems you may be the attachment which may not necessarily be a bad thing. Sometimes they can make noise and otherwise interact with others close to you to get your attention.

You also mention:
"I get huge vibes every night... Shivers up my spine, even when nothing spookie happens."

You might get some kind of idea about intention while you experience those shivers. Are they comfortable? Are they pleasant? Do they seem threatening? Kind? Is there -any- kind of communication during the shivers? Do any words form in your mind? Communciation isn't limited to words - do you experience any odd "Feelings" while it is going on?

Do you feel it's more a fear of an unknown rather than an actual sense of danger?

Zetafornow:
From my own experience, there isn't any time they "Come out". They are always there, already "out".

I believe the ambient energy of your the surroundings are at minimum in the middle of the night and so they are more noticeable when all is quiet.

I also believe there are certain unidentified conditions which need to be right before spiritual beings become apparent or interaction becomes possible.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
3am seems to be a usual time for these type of happenings. Can anyone explain to me why that is? It seems to me someone in another discussion mentioned something about demons coming out at 3am...anyone?
thescaredone (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I get huge vibes every night... Shivers up my spine, even when nothing spookie happens. I am the only one that gets touched or sees anything. So far I have lived in this house since 2006 and there have been 10 occurences.
thescaredone (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
The land I built my house on was a peach tree farm as long as I could remember it. The farmer that sold it too me was in need of some money. Its 6 acres with a small pond on it. I don't know of anything else I have bought that a spirt may have been attached to. I believe in demons and ghost is this the reason why they constantly harass me... There is more to the story. It started when I was about 3 years old. I was born in a community in Clover SC that praticed witch killing in the late 1700's to early 1800's. I have had numerous "run ins" with them. Honestly I believe that this one may stick around!
szarate (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
You are right, we are not alone. There is a lot of creatures, spirits or demons around us. Sometimes they want to joke you and enjoy seeing you crazy. In your case it can be a creature or spirit, looks like you had goblins in home. Can you told me more about the place you build the house? Describe the outside the home or if there is any water (river, lake) closer your home.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Hi thescaredone:

You mentioned being touched a couple times. I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

1. How often do those unexplainable occurrences happen?
2. Has anyone else been touched?
3. Setting aside any fear of the unknown, what are your feelings about this, if any? I mean to say do you get any feelings or "vibes" about it?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
To me it sounds like something is trying very hard to tell you it's there. This sort of activity goes along with an intelligent haunting trying to communicate. Alot of people think that new houses can't be haunted. It aint so. Spirits can attach to the land the house was built on. They can attach to items in the home-such as antiques or something bought at a flea market or garage sale. They can also attach to people. That happens more than you'd think.
Now as to dealing with this critter, there are a couple of options. You can tell this entity that it is not welcome, and must leave. Human entities will usually respect your wishes if you express them politely. You can tell it that it's allowed to stay, but must follow a few ground rules, such as no glowing in the corner while people are trying to sleep. You can ignore it altogether, but this sometimes just makes things worse.
Basically treat it like a human until you have reason to believe it's not. I realize how loony that sounds, but ghosts were once living, and retain their human personality.
Should you come to believe this entity was never a living person, but something darker, then a talk with your spiritual leader is order.
Most of all, keep your cool and try not to be afraid. Fear will just complicate what you're experiencing.
Blessings

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: