You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Only Happens Once In Awhile

Real Ghost Stories

Only Happens Once In Awhile

 

My husband and I, along with our two youngest daughters, moved into our home about ten years ago. Our house is not very old and is a modular that we moved onto our land. I don't think what has happened has anything to do with the house but rather with the land. The stuff that happened was subtle at first but then began to get very creepy and somewhat violent in nature, but the encounters only happen once every few months.

It started out when my daughters and I were alone at night and we could feel something getting into bed with one of us. I could sense something and then feel the weight of someone or something laying beside me. When I was brave enough to turn over there was nothing there.

My daughters had the same thing happen to them at various times. One time my oldest could hear what she thought was me doing dishes at 3:00 a.m. She waited for a few minutes to make sure it wasn't her imagination. No it was for sure Mom was doing the dishes. She walked out of her room and could still hear the sound of dishes and water running in the sink. The light was on but when she walked into the kitchen no one was there, no dishes being done, no water running in the sink.

If there was something haunting our home it seemed to focus its aggressions on my youngest daughter. I realize teen girls can be dramatic at times but I believe her. For her things took a turn for the worse about three years after we moved in. Her closed bedroom door would open and close by itself, she heard evil sounding voices and saw a demonic shadow on her wall one night. Since my girls had no lock on their bathroom door they would open a drawer on their vanity to block the bathroom door from being opened.

One night while in the shower my youngest could see a dark figure through the shower curtain. Before she could react, the shower curtain lifted and she felt something scratch her leg. She ended up with 3 deep scratches on her inner thigh and still has the scars 3 years later. I used to try and comfort her about her attack in the shower by trying to come up with reasonable explanations, but a few months after that something happened that I had no logical explanation for.

My oldest daughter had moved out by the time this happened and I was talking to her on the phone one night. My other daughter had just taken her shower and was still in the bathroom. My husband was gone so it was just the two of us. As I was talking on the phone I looked up and saw my daughter standing in front of me with a towel wrapped around her, pale and shaking uncontrollably.

Thinking she was sick, I asked her what was wrong. She pointed to the bathroom so I set the phone down and went in her bathroom expecting to kill a spider or something. I couldn't find anything wrong. Not wanting to follow me and she could barely get the words out "Mom, look at the mirror!" I looked at it and almost lost it. In the steam of the mirror there was a message: GO AWAY. The letters were one hundred percent fresh, written in big block letter style. At first I had no answers to give her, no words of comfort. I didn't believe it was ghostly but rather demonic in nature.

I sat my child down and told her what I felt is the truth. I told her that I don't really believe in ghosts but I do believe in demons and that I believe there is one in our home. Then I told her that God has given us power over the Devil and that he feeds on our fears. I then prayed with her and I demanded that 'it' leave our home immediately.

I did have to sleep with her in the family room that night not only for her comfort but for mine as well. The next morning I purposely steamed the same mirror to show my husband but I couldn't even get a hint of one letter to those words to show up and they never have again. We haven't had anymore incidents since that night. That was 3 years ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KKJK4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-28)
Hello,
Wow. This is really scary. Could really have been an evil entity, as they live and grow stronger on the fear of others, your younger daughter in this case.
I think you did the right thing by praying for it to leave. And you were lucky to get rid of it that easily. It probably wasn't strong enough, yet, to be able to resist to your prayers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: