You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spiritual Visitations Do Happen

Real Ghost Stories

Spiritual Visitations Do Happen

 

We have all lost loved ones, let's face it. I lost my wonderful spouse, John, almost 8 years ago and it was the hardest thing I've 'ever' faced in my entire life. It was far worse than 'any' physical pain you can imagine. Someone could have stuck me in the gut with a Bowie knife, and I'd have pulled it out & laughed compared to losing my special soulmate. Believe me!

I lost John to a catastrophic illness. Nothing I could do, or the doctors could save him and believe me we tried. I had to accept the fact that it was just 'his' time as someday it'll be mine. We 'all' have 'that' appointment to keep. Like it, or not.

I was in a state of emotional melt down. Yet somehow God kept me going! I give credit where credit is due. I managed to do my work, take care of the medical bills, and what have you. I don't know 'how' I even did it, but I did.

My sister-in-law, Beth helped tremendously. That was her brother. We cried on each other's shoulders and gave each other emotional support. She and John had a falling out the year before he passed and she felt so guilty over that. She always 'wanted' to reconcile with him, but never got the chance.

About 3 weeks after his passing, she had the first visit from John. She told me that she was in bed when she saw the room light up. She heard his voice greeting her. She jumped out of bed. Lo, and behold; there was John sitting in the chair next to the bed looking as healthy, and robust as ever she saw him. She was above and beyond thrilled to see him. She sat on the side of the bed to grab his hand and talk to him. She told him how sorry she was and that she loved him and wanted his forgiveness. He said he loved her and apologized for his part in the misunderstanding that caused the hard feelings in the first place. He told her he was alright now and knew how she was feeling. He, also, told her that he was aware of my pain, and how much I loved him. He said he'd visit me also. She was so happy to hear and talk to him. They talked for about 10-15 minutes then he said he had to go. She didn't want him to, but he told her he 'had' to. Next thing she knew she was sitting on the bed staring at an empty chair. Her husband was still sleeping and had never woken up during her conversation with John. She felt such joy and peace after that.

I was a bit envious that my husband went to his sister first when 'I' was suffering so much grief and hurting so horrifically. Beth figured it out and explained that my extreme grief was putting up an emotional wall of sorts that made it difficult for him to penetrate. I couldn't help 'how' I felt at that time.

I endured about 3 months of extreme grief and crying. Finally, I was to the point of complete emotional exhaustion and physical collapse. One night when I went to bed, I thought I'd just pass out. I didn't. I just laid there, but I was truly drained. Suddenly, I felt the warmth of an arm wrap around my waist. I was startled until John spoke to me. He said " that's right. It's really me Sweetie!". I leapt up from bed, and he got up with me. I actually saw him, embraced him, and felt his warm, passionate kiss on my lips. I turned on the bedroom light. I cried and sat at the foot of the bed with John beside me. He was glowing with health. He looked positively wonderful. I began telling him how much I loved and missed him. He smiled and said he knew I did. He said he'd always love me and watch over me from time to time. He told me that I'd be alright. He said "No matter what. You'll be O.K. Sweetie. You're a fighter. Not a quitter. You'll be alright, I promise!".

He said what I yearned and absolutely 'needed' to hear. He told me he had to leave. I asked him to stay, but he reiterated that he had to go. He told me he's perfectly alright, and would always love me, and look in on me in the future. He 'has', too!

I'm here to confirm to anyone whose gone through or going through this kind of loss. Spiritual visits are absolutely real, provide comfort and extraordinary peace of mind. Let this personal story give you strength, and assurance like it has for me.

Other hauntings by Linjahaha

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Linjahaha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paul1 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-27)
Thats really nice, glad for you. I was in a Church when my mother died it was 7pm and I suddenly felt this wonderful felling of being free and happy like there is no happiness here on earth like it and I thought I heard a voice saying, "Can I take you?" and I thought it must be Jesus asking me if he can take my life. I felt so good I said, "Yes, Lord, whatever you want." I thought I was going to die soon so I thought to say good bye to my mom who was in an adult home upstate. When I called the nurse told me, "Oh you don't know?" I said, "Know what?" She said your mother passed away last night at 7pm. So it was either Jesus saying he's taking my mom or my mom saying good bye but Yes I believe loved ones can send us these visits.
Aros (6 stories) (57 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-20)
What a lovely, profound gift yourself and Beth were given. Thank you so much for sharing! It lifted my spirits (pun not intended) and further underscores the truth that our consciousness survives and some times, is even allowed to visit their loved ones still in the physical.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-13)
Hi, Ramakan! I'm glad if my account brings you some comfort! Our loved ones are still around. When you hear a song, or a particular thought pops into your head it 'is' them sending you little messages of love,& hope. Just letting you know they 'are' still with you. I hope this further encourages, & comforts you! 😁 😁
Ramakan (1 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-12)
Hi Linjahaha, I am sorry about your loss. I am writing this comment to thank you for this post. I lost my husband and father last year. My father's death while sad, was expected as he was not keeping well and was 83 years old. My husband's death which happened 3 days after my father's death was a shock to me. Just yesterday, I was crying (his first death anniversary was on May 5) and asking for a sign that he is okay. I was wishing that I could see him once. Your post has given me some hope.

Thanks,
RK
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-08)
Thanks, again Rajine. I couldn't agree more. I keep a journal about my progress since I lost him, & I have had several visits from him. They've been very comforting. Wishing you my best! 😜 😁
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-07)
Hi Linjahaha

I believe that our loved ones are always around us even though we can't see them anymore, guiding and protecting us with an unseen hand.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-07)
Dreambird, Lady-glow, Thank you both for your sympathies! However, I didn't write this story for that reason. I admit I shed a few tears writing it, but they were tears of joy knowing that my husband, John, is in a wonderful place, & not suffering anymore.
Those of us left behind are the ones who suffer because we have lost the ones we love so dearly. However, I hope this proves that they are no longer sick, or in pain. They are whole again, & they are aware of us in a different plane. They are still with us. I hope this provided you with some comfort, Dreambird. I'm glad that you had 'your' special visit. Take care!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-06)
Linjahaha.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Your SIL, and you, were very lucky having a chance to enjoy John's company in such a life-like fashion.
It's good to know that our loved ones always find a way to communicate with us and let us know that they're fine after the transition to the next realm.

Thanks for sharing.
DreamBird (7 stories) (25 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-06)
Wow! I had tears in my eyes reading your story. I lost a boyfriend years ago to suicide and also had a visitation. I wonder if they have to get some kind of permission to visit. My boyfriend also said after a few minutes that he had to go, too. My sister had a visitation from our Grandmother who also announced after a brief chat that she needed to go. I find all of this so fascinating. Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

-DB

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: