You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Harsh Hushed Voice

Real Ghost Stories

The Harsh Hushed Voice

 

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been hearing strange 'voices'. Always upstairs- well at the moment.

The first voice I heard was when I was in my bedroom, I cannot make sense out of it, and all I can hear is a gruff voice saying something. I have heard this twice in my room. The second time I have heard this was in my bathroom. I was about to go out with my friend Dana, and was talking to myself, and this 'voice' sounded like it repeated the name 'Dana' right after I had said it.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have also experienced what feels like my bed shaking. It is not a gradual thing, it just starts to rapidly vibrate; this feeling lasts for about five minutes and makes me very scared.

I also have this strange atmosphere in my room; I do not feel safe in there. I used to sleep in the room next door, until I got a bit older, around the age of nine. I have always disliked this room. Every night I lie awake, unable to take my eyes of this one corner in there. I will stare at it for what feels like hours, sometimes the fear making it almost impossible to look away.

I am not sure what is happening, but I would appreciate any comments. I have always felt that my house is 'not quite right', what is happening right now is quite often scaring me and sometimes even affects my school work.

Other hauntings by A7XFAN09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, A7XFAN09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
I used to have my bed shaken too. It happened twice and I never had an explanation for it, I always just ignored it, did the "kid thing" of pulling the covers up over my head and waited it out. Eventually it quit entirely.
A7XFAN09 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
Thank you all for your comments, they helped greatly.
I haven't heard or felt anything shake the bed in awhile.
I still don't feel comfortable at night though.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
It seems like, when you look at something that scares you, in real life, like random things (like you said a corner) or ghost, it's hard to look away.
Stephyk94 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
This happened to my dad years ago in his old house. There was this dark corner in his room he would stare at for hours. He told me that he would also hear rustling paper in the corner and other strange noises. He eventually saw the spirit one morning and that was before they moved house. It does make you wonder why they want to haunt us.
ArielsAngel (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
ok, Sweetie... Take a deep breath and listen closely to what I am about to say to you... (don't worry). You have to ignore this entity... It's scaring you on purpose because when you get scared your Adrenalin surges and amps up your body, in essence turning you into a generator that this thing is feeding off of. The more it scares you the more these things will happen. It knows you hear it... It's got your attention, so why should it move off to somewhere else?
I had the same problem when I was a child and I finally told the thing off that... I was a child of God and I was protected... Call on Arch Angel Michael to come in do battle for you in the name of The Lord... To bind and cast out any and all spirits who are not of God... To this entity I say, "The Lord Rebuke you!" (this is very powerful).
When you get scared, Picture in your minds eye a glowing white cross and say this mantra, "I am a child of God, I cannot be harmed."
Eventually it will move on, it may try to get more of your attention and get worse before it leaves, but you must ignore it! Your fear is feeding it and it's becoming more powerful because of it.
Get your fear under control.
I still have experiences and others around me have witnessed them, but when it happens I just tell everyone to "Ignore it".
Now that I have control over my fear, I'm not afraid anymore.
Only you can do this.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
Tell it to leave you alone & leave your house. Claim your space. You don't need to do the hokey pokey & use "holy water" or sum junk. I'm ordained in the Christian faith but in no way am I some holy roll'n overly religious freak. I just know I belong to God & Jesus is my savior. My teaching are unconventional & real. You CAN tell these things firmly to "bounce" lol to get out. If you want more help I will help you hunny. My e-mail is
Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

Also check my story out here at this site it's called CONSTANT.

Thanx for sharing keep us posted & bless you & yours.

~LSD~
Hannahh (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Ive had some of these experiences also, I felt very uneasy in my room and quite often when I went to bed I would stare at one particular corner in my room, and insted of strange voices I heard someone/something breathing next to me. I called in a medium and they told me that the corner I always stared at was where a spirit of a confused man would be standing and he was also responcible for the breathing. It took a few weeks after the mediums left for all this to die down, and now I feel there's a much better atmosphere in my room (:
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
I always encounter these things and indeed they are very scary. I do agree it is very scary to have experienced it, and at night I still always look in a certain corner of my room because I just know something spooky is there.

Princess123 x ❤
MissSensitive (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
My Mother had the same problem. The same exact story except for one little thing. Isn't it supernatural that people from all over the world go through frighteningly similar experiences... If I were you I would bless the room, and if the feelings of fear are still pulling at you to become a recluse from that room, I...simply would do just that. Stay away. Hopefully you'll be able to find a better solution.

Thanks for sharing. ❤
RyuGoldDragon (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
I once heard a story from an older friend of mine. He said almost the exact same things you have in this story. One corner of a room is darker than the rest and noises seem to come from that area. He also said his bed would vibrate 5-10 minutes once a week. He eventually stopped sleeping in the room. I actually stayed in the room he told me about once when I was drunk. I had nearly passed out when something hit the switch on the wall and moved the light. That was enough for me to never sleep in there again. I don't have much advice for you however. I would say that you should switch rooms. Stay observant. Peace.
thescaredone (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Dude you just gave me chills. There is one corner in my room that is always so dark. The rest of the room is light from the moon or from the night light I now have to keep on but this corner is different. I stare at it the entire night. I always hear little knocks and noises from that corner as well. I hope the best for you...
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
If it starts to get worse, consider going to a priest, he won't nessecerly consider a excorcism but maybe will bless the house for you.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
A7XFAN09: Sounds like you are sensing something in your room. Lots of times it's the fear of the unknown that bothers us the worse. Try buying you a spray bottle from the dollar store and filling it with salt water and repeat the Lord's Prayer and spray that salt water in the corners of your room and also in the corners of all the rooms in your house. If you have a garage, spray this into the corners of the garage as well and resite the Lord's Prayer. I sure hope this work for you. I am sure you will receive more advise on her too. I pray you and your family will find peace!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel safe. Is there anyway you or someone in your family could take some EMF readings? Although it very well could be something to be frightened about, it could also be power boxes, anything where a lot of electrical energy is being emitted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: