You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Compilation Of Shadow Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Compilation Of Shadow Experiences

 

I've had trouble posting this story on here before because of log in reasons. Anyway, yayy! I can post now. This story is a compilation of all the experiences I've had with shadow people.

Other than feeling creepy things growing up I didn't have an experience with the paranormal until we moved from Wyoming back to Memphis, TN.

We couldn't move into a house right away, so we found a condo by my grandparent's house. I could ride my bike to their house, that's how close we were.

I was twelve years old and we moved into the condo in January. I'm not sure when I started noticing things, but a few different experiences have been stuck in my mind.

I had the biggest room in the condo. My bed was in the middle of the wall with three windows on the left side and my closet and one window on the wall to the right. My books and TV were on an entertainment center opposite of my bed. My door was to the left of this entertainment center. One night I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep watching the clock glow on the VCR in front of me.

Looking back I always tried to brush it off as the clock not being set and just blinking at me. But over time I completely forgot about it until more things started happening to me and then I remembered it clearly. As I said, I was watching the clock when all the sudden it disappeared. It was completely black. And then it appeared again. The blackness came from the left and then moved to the right, as if someone had walked in front of it. I looked to the right of my bed and was overcome with fear. I felt like someone was looking down at me. I rolled over and fell asleep.

There was a corner between the entertainment center and my closet, at night I felt like something was sitting there watching me sleep. Whenever I walked down the stairs I would have to put my back against the wall and look behind me or else I would feel like I was being pushed down the stairs.

Now the next part, I've only found one other person ever to have experienced this. And if you have, please tell me in a comment that you have experienced this too. It was late at night and I was reading harry potter with my bedside light on. All the sudden I felt like I was in a trance and the page disappeared in front of me. Everything was white. I heard a thousand voices screaming and shouting. They sounded like the voices of people in hell. I saw a mans face with a top hat and he was shouting at me above all the voices, but I couldn't understand what he was saying. And I felt like I couldn't breathe. And then I had to struggle to get out of it. And then I was back in my room. And everything was so quiet, but I could hear the voices echoing in my head. As I said I found one other person to have experienced this. He said that he sees the man with the top hat in shadow form and that there are two other shadow beings with him and they represent the father, the son, and the holy spirit. And that they're actually mentioned in the bible. I don't remember everything he told me about this and I don't have the email anymore.

Eventually we moved out and to a suburb of Memphis in MS right on the state line. Years later when I was eighteen I was in a horrible relationship with this guy. As usual we were fighting in his car on the street beside my house. I was sitting in the passenger seat, facing him in the driver seat. From where I was sitting I could see my neighbor's entryway and their outside light was on.

By this time in my life I had been wondering about the black blobs I saw from the corner of my eyes and found out that they could be shadow people. My then boyfriend was yelling at me or something when clearly not directly in front of me but to the side I could see a guy with a fedora hat on. But just his shadow. He had on a long coat. And a fedora hat. I saw his shadow on the wall of my neighbor's garage walking up their entryway into their house. Right before he entered their door I looked directly at him and he disappeared. There was a sinking feeling in my stomach. There were three young children in that house. All the sudden I wondered how often shadow people went into their house.

Months later I was in a different relationship, the one I'm still in, happily. My boyfriend and I were driving back to my house after going out somewhere. It was dark. As soon as we entered the neighborhood I had this intuitive feeling. I kept my eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary. We were almost to my street. There was a sign that was yellow that said "slow...children at play" and it was right beside someone's drive way. I thought I could see some guy limping between their cars. He was going to come to the sidewalk.

We were coming upon the sign when all the sudden this guy, who was actually a shadow person, leaned out and put his head in front of the sign. "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!" I yelled, I was looking right at this thing. I knew what it was I was just making sure my boyfriend saw it too. He didn't he drove past and was like "what? What is what? There's nothing there." he stopped beside my driveway. I told him what I saw and I was so scared. He said everything was fine and that he would wait to drive off until I got inside. I got out of the car and started walking to my garage.

It was windy and the streetlight threw shadows everywhere. But something in my bushes moved the opposite way. It was like a tentacle slapped out of the bushes. I jumped and started running back to his car. He yelled at me to go inside, because I think he saw that something scared me, so I ran inside.

A few months later my boyfriend and I were at the beach. We arrived and was all settled in. It got dark outside so we decided to go for a moonlit walk on the beach. We had flashlights. So we were walking out there. And we had paused to share a kiss. And continued walking. But when we did I was still looking up at him when I saw a shadow person out of the corner of my eye. I saw it looking up at the moon, standing in the water, but not very far. It was a few feet away from me and my boyfriend. I looked directly at it and it was gone. The water wasn't disturbed either.

About a month later or so I was in my boyfriend's house reading. He and his father were in the computer room across the hall from my boyfriend's bedroom. I was in his bedroom on his couch reading a book. The TV was in front of me and too the right, so I faced it. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a shadow blob move from a corner between two shelves to the other side of the computer desk where it was darker in the corner. It just flew through the air. I turned around and said "hello?" but I didn't get a response. I looked over to where it flew to but I didn't see anything darker than dark nor got any feelings from it. I just went back to reading.

I haven't had any other experiences. Personally, I like long reads of stories on this site, and decided to put all the stories together so that it would be longer.:) I hope you all enjoyed. And if any of you had the experience of the voices and the man in the top hat please tell me in a comment. Or in e mail

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haysw1012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nihasabraham (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
shadows are formed when a body obstruct light. I believe in paranormal activity and metaphysics. Good story
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
Emerald,
I left you another comment on Rashidah's page.
Please contact us after speaking with your Spiritual Leader and let us know how things went. We are here for you, Girl.
Wa-do.
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
emerald angel. Just rebuke anything that frightens you in the name of God or Jesus. You can look up the Lords prayer online. Its also good to rebuke them in the name of St. Michael. You should also look up the St. Michael prayer.
But if you don't believe in God then just find out what works for you in the faith that you follow.
And always know that you are ALWAYS stronger than the shadow person, physically & mentally. Shadow people/other malicious entities try to mess with people... They feed off fear. Even if you are scared, tell yourself that you're bigger than them and that they can't touch you.
They can't hurt you, they can't kill you. All they can do is frighten you and make you think you're experiencing pain sometimes... Depends on how low of an entity they are.
But always know that Good & Light are on your side. That you are a child of Good & Light.
It would also be good, if you follow God, to pray to Jesus & ask him to send down his 10, 000 angels that are there to protect you.
Personally I didn't have problems in my house with seeing shadow people, but for a long time I felt that something was following me around & I know why. As soon as I started praying to God and asking Jesus to send down those angels... I haven't seen anymore shadow people in my neighborhood or felt that something was following me around.
I know they're there. & I'm about to stay in a house that has the ones with eyes... But I know that I'm stronger than them.
Once they're aware that they can't get to you... They leave you alone... Go away and try to mess with other people.
But sometimes certain ones that are attached to your house do stay there. That could be because there is a portal in your house. But if there was a protal...there'd be more weird things going on than just the tapping game.

I'm here for you. And this whole community on here is. Educate yourself on shadow people and how to deal with them. That's what I did. Even if someone doesn't believe you it is good to talk about these things to other people, eventually you'll find someone who does believe you. For example, my parents don't exactly believe me that I've had these experiences, but I told them anyway and felt better that I did. I know its hard sometimes, but don't let it get to you if someone doesn't believe you. Secretly they might, but they're just too scared to face reality. These things are real.
I hope I helped:)
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
can I get some prayers my way please I think I angered a shadow person I thought it was good but I did yes no question game and well I asked if I had got it angry it had said yes I said I'll leave it alone and I apologized I'm so scared and I'm only twelve.
Texaswes134 (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I have something similar... I was watching tv and at the corner of my eye I see soeone reach for my shoulder. I look bakc, I saw nothing. My dog was growling at the spot. My dog is a chihuahua and is named Ben. The next day I was watching something about shadow people, and demons. When it started the segment on how to prevent them, a commercial started. I got a peeved off then. My glasses had a reflection from the light, and I could see someone open the bathroom door. I walked over to the restroom and I saw nobody. I'm not sure but it wasn't long affter it looked like there was a shadow behind my tv. 😨 I turned on a light and it looked like it just hid behind the tv. At that point I took a bible and started praying. Ever since I didn't see that entity again. It may have been the awkward lighting, but I'm not very sure. 🤔
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
deviousangel:hmm your theories are interesting

Ayalovescarrots: I'm going to read it when you post it:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Every now and then, I see the same thing... Shadows moving around at the corner of my eye, but I usually pass it off as an optical illusion or something floating in my eyeball 😆 I guess just because I don't necessarily want to come to terms with what it is.

I have heard others experiencing this man with a top hat... Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

You HAVE shed light on an interesting coincidence though, one I have experienced myself. Sometimes I find that reading opens the mind and makes your other senses a bit stronger. I, too, have experienced having an odd vision while reading. I notice that it happens after reading for a long period of time, while you're really into the book.

I wonder if this is another optimal time for us to sort of toe the line between the now and the spiritual world?
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Im going to post a story about a guy with a hat and umbrella:D/ anyway thanks for sharing yours... I suggest you ignore it... 😊

-AYA ** la la la la love its you"
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
thank you, yes prayer would be best. But I stopped fearing it a few days after it happened and nothing like that ever happened again. Everything else has just been around and not noticed me... Except for that shadow guy that was looking at us and limping. O___o
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
From what can be found on the 'net when googling "shadow man and hat", I would be on my guard from a spiritual standpoint. I am not of the school that beliefs all ghostly phenomena are demonic in nature, and to paraphrase Sigmund Freud, "Sometimes a hat is just a hat", but the consensus on this one seems pretty solid and from surprisingly numerous and widespread reports.

If you are a Christian person and if you are troubled by fear and lurking dread associated with this entity, prayer would be your first and best remedy, in my opinion.
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
[at] darkness: there are people on this site that have experienced the man with the top hat O____O I thought I read all the shadow stories, apparently not! I hope I either read one or one of them read this story.

[at] abraham001: if I experience shadows in a house... I will definitely do that. But I've completely protected the house I live in now from letting any negative or malicious entities in it. But... In a few days I'm going to be visiting a friend who does have shadow people in her house. But I'm afriad I'll be too scared to actual talk with my mouth to one and not just make it go away. Hahaha.

I'll update in a comment on this story if anything happens.
abraham001 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
I've expirienced something alittle similar about the man with the top hat he was wearing a raincoat I saw him walking down the side walk. He was completely black and shadowy, although the light was shining on him. I thought I was halucinating so I asked my frien to look over there and he saw the same thing until it walked behind a car until it disapeared in front of my friends house. After 3 days my friend said his door opened for no reason. Pretty weird.
And I see those black figures alot, I'm happy that I'm not the only one.

PS. If you want to comunicate with those black shadows ask him to knock 2 times if it's in the room I've tried it a couple of times and worked sometimes. If you talk to it ask him to answer physically
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
haysw1012: I agree with you reading the longer stories is always a goodie! Regarding shadow people I have seen these before never the one with a top hat though, they are mainly large dark masses or blobs as you have also described. There are a lot of experiences by people on this website in regards to shadow people if I remember correctly a few relating to seeing them wearing a top hat. All the best to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
none of this ever happened to me I see shadows but not in public

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: