You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Levi

Real Ghost Stories

Levi

 

I give this spirit a name because we maintain it's Levi. A few things had happened. The basement door opened... The smell of a man's cologne... The sight of a man out of the corner of your eye... Lights flickering...

One day I turned my head and watched a man in a tweed jacket walk into the spare bedroom. Moments later, I smelled cologne. Levi was a man that had worked for my step-grandparents until he passed away. We think it's him because as my step-father was explaining what my mom and I were seeing, his mother said, "I bet it's Levi..." It was like she knew in her heart it had to be him.

Levi had always been very peaceful -he'd just stand at the junction of the basement door and the hallway, and he'd watch you cook dinner, or do dishes. He had never given off a threatening vibe, so we didn't mind. If we'd sense him, we'd say, "Hi Levi..." He'd stay a little longer, then disappear.

One day, my mom and I were in the basement, and one of the lights started flickering. Hmm, maybe the bulb is loose. It wasn't. And there had never been a history of bad wiring. Some of the others flickered once in a while, but it was mostly just the one. My step-grandmother had been telling us a little about him, and one of the things said was that he loved Christmas. It was his absolute favorite holiday.

Ironically, on that day, we made a connection. The light that almost always flickered was the one above the Christmas decorations. One day, my mom and I both sensed that Levi wasn't quite happy. We went about our business. I was in the kitchen, and my mom was in the basement, ironing her clothes for work. I heard her talking, so I knew she was acknowledging Levi. A few minutes later I heard a ping, and then glass hit.

She came flying up out of the basement, frazzled. The light over the decorations had started flickering, so she said hello to him. The light went dim, almost completely out. Then came back on, slowly, up to full force, then brighter. She told him to stop, he was scaring her a little. It dimmed again, then got bright, then dimmed, and she again told him to stop. More forcefully this time. As she did, the light bulb went completely bright, and the bulb bust.

That was at the point she took off up the stairs. She told me what happened and then said, "Levi, I've never minded you being here, but you can't be mean. Don't you ever do that again. You scared me..." We were both hit with a whiff of cologne, then it dissipated.

A few days later, we hadn't seen anything out of him, so I figured my mom made him mad and he left. Who knew? But I was down in the basement doing laundry, and saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was like... a cloud of dust almost, and it drifted straight across, coming towards me. I saw it, and started for the stairs. It went through the sunlight coming in through the basement window, and as it did, the cloud rearranged itself and formed a face. I turned my head from it as it moved faster, and ended up walking right through it. I ran up the stairs and glanced back, and the cloud was dissipating... But didn't drift to the floor... It kind of just... Disappeared.

We haven't seen anything out of Levi for quite a while now. But every once in a blue moon you'll catch him out of the corner of your eye.

Other hauntings by BewitchedKitti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BewitchedKitti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
I don't think Levi was angry. I think he was just happy to be acknowledged and was desperately trying to get his message across. Remember that feelings such as anger, excitement and even happiness can provoke similar, almost identical responses or reactions. Besides, had he been angry or threatening, do you really think he would have been intimidated by your mother's rection to the light bulp bursting? I don't think so. He was just lonely as he still is since you keep seeing him following around but in silence now.
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Hi, I haven't read your story completely but there probably is something in that house. But, yeah, I hope that you have the best luck and don't get extremeley hurt or anything.
BewitchedKitti (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
I don't know if they do either... It was just odd. It could have been a power surge too- but it was just strange that it happened right after my mom 'yelled' at him.
I'm not sure if it was him- I didn't look at the face long enough to distinguish features, but I don't know what he looks like anyway. All I know is that I didn't like it, lol.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Very interesting story you have told BewitchedKitti. I can not say for sure that spirits experience emotions in the same manner as we do, but I can imagine that when they become upset that they can release hugh amounts of energy. That could explain the light bulb exploding that or a power surge. The dust cloud face do you think it was Levi or something else?
Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: