You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Frequent Night Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Frequent Night Visitors

 

I have experienced something very similar to a story titled - Night Visitor. I have had night visitors every so often over the years, and more frequently for the past 2 years. I'm 27. My visitors always seem to be somewhat threatening in their actions. Choking, shaking by the neck and shoulders and what seems to be an attempt to "pull the covers off or pull me out of bed". I Googled "Night Visitor" on May 8th, because 2 weeks ago an older woman told me she had a visitor that was trying to choke her. I had never related my choking encounters with her... She just brought it up to me the Saturday morning after it had happened.

HAPPENS TO AN OLDER FEMALE FRIEND

She awoke, told her husband who did not believe her, went to the kitchen to drink a glass of milk and went back to sleep. It happened again. She did the same except for the milk, she drank some tea instead. Went back to bed and it happened again!

HAPPENS TO A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL

Then just this last week while visiting the place I grew up, a friend's daughter who is 17 said an "entity" has visited her many times... Trying to hold her down and or choke/shake her by the neck. After hearing the above stories from my friends just recently, I am beginning to believe that what my husband told daughter, may be true... The "invisible side" may be reaching out to us for some type of help.

HAPPENS TO 2 OF MY HUSBAND'S DAUGHTERS

They have experienced an "entity" trying to choke them and other types of encounters that made them afraid. The middle one, 23, has experienced it over 9 times. The youngest, 22, experienced it only once. Both of them claim they think/feel like they are "awake". My husband has had a lot of experience with this since he is always there sleeping next to me when it happens to me. He has never had it happen to him. Nor ever seen any one in the room when I awaken him in the middle of the night.

ADVICE HE GAVE HIS DAUGHTER

He told his middle daughter after her 8th episode, "that maybe the 'entities' are "crying out for help" or are trying to get someone's attention "on OUR SIDE of the veil". "The invisible are maybe trying to make contact with the visible due to some unknown reason on their side", is what he relayed to her. He told her "next time it happens to actually stay calm, do NOT put out any fear emotions/vibrations and tell the "entity" very clearly that if it is their with bad intentions... To please leave immediately." He told her then to say to the "entity", "But if you ARE HERE BECAUSE YOU NEED SOMETHING, I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO HELP YOU!"

A FRIENDLY ENCOUNTER

About a month later it happened again... But after saying what her dad had instructed her to say... She experienced something very different. She said "she definitely felt it was the presence of a woman... All the other times the entity had been aggressive which made it seem masculine in nature." But this entity was very gentle with her. It caressed her head, played with her hair by pulling it back and running her hands down the length of the hair... Even though she was lying on her back. She had a sense of oneness with the "female entity" that she said "I have never felt with any visible person." The experience lasted about 5 minutes. Since it is a 3rd party story... It would be best if his daughter actually wrote about the exact details of what she experienced that night.

HER STORY WILL BE TITLED - "FRIENDLY NIGHT VISITOR"

She is currently out of town but I will contact her and tell her that I have found this great site to post her experience on. She will have it posted by May 15th under the title - "FRIENDLY NIGHT VISITOR"

CONTACT ME IF YOU LIKE

Any one who is Registered can feel free to write me at my email on record.

ONLY HAPPING TO FEMALES?

The holding down/choking/shaking by the neck, seems to be happening ONLY to women... IF ANY MEN HAVE HAD THIS TYPE OF CHOKING ENCOUNTER... Please add your experience to this thread. Thanks!

Look forward to learning more from everyone!

PS: We should NOT fear something, simply because we do not understand it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vida, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I have experienced the choking thing only a few times in my life. Once when I was about 10 and the other time was only about 3 years ago. The second occurance was much stranger however. My husband smokes outside the house so he was in the back yard at night just doing his thing. He finishes and comes inside and says "Hey Syd there's a ghost in the backyard." I said "Oh yeah?" and as he came in I was near by after about 5 seconds after he shuts the outside door we both heard this big loud THUD, and it sounded like someone just walked into the door and slammed against it. I told him "I've got to see this but come outside with me." We went outside and there was absolutely nothing. He told me he saw a figure with no features hop the fence in the backyard and start pacing around slowly coming closer to him. He was annoyed because ghosts don't scare him at all. He said he was walking inside and it was trying to follow him in but he shut the door on it. That's why we heard it hit the door. I thought nothing of it and he was in bed asleep so I opened the door in the room and I saw this white shadow person just standing there staring at me and then disappeared. I went to sleep but I kept having weird tingling pressure around my neck like hands that kept squeezing. I said "cut it OUT" and it stopped after that. Then the next day I was just walking around the house and I suddenly felt the same choking sensation. The spirit finally left after 3 days of this nonsense. I had a feeling that it was somebody who was murdered by strangulation and they were trying to make me feel some of the same sensations they were going through. Anyways sorry for the long post.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
JESUSwillWIN (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
The female visitor I have is mean, she claws me from the inside and it hurts so much that I think I'm not going to make it. The male is also mean, he teases me sexually but then I feel him tugging at my ribs. I pray, I beg, I think they are humans with supereme powers just here tormenting whom ever they choose to hurt.
The female use to visit my husband all the time until she made us break up a 17 year marriage and left me alone with four children. He hates her and loves me more now. We not getting back together, but we are a team trying to stop or prevent this from happening to our children. (19 year old son, 14 year old son, 11 year old daughter and our 6 year old little guy).

Sincerely,
Angelorbs [at] yahoo.com
amakajaku (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Seems that Vida is famous among you story tellers... With regards to this story, well... I have had experiences with an incubus, actually, there were two of them, the other is evil, and the other was gentle. Can't figure if this ghost was only one or there were really two of them. It confuses me that it repeates hauntings everynight and every single time I went to sleep or rest. It felt like it was touching me and then, some horrible experience comes after. It still gives me the creeps even until now...
Anna (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
the only difference in our beliefs Hada, is in my beliefs all demons are male, in our bible they are called the sons of God before falling from the sky in Genesis and Luke, they were angels before they were booted out of heaven for rebelling against the Lord,

I find it interesting though that some of our beliefs are similiar... In our beliefs what happened was the two brothers parted ways, Jacob and Esau-Abrahams sons in our bible, Jacob was hebrew and the lineage of Jesus Christ, Esau's line then became yours hada, Islamic. That is what happened according to the scriptures. They were twins, Jacob got a bit um greedy we will word it that way and stole Esau's birthright of the lineage of Jesus Christ, he pretended to be him to his blind father Abraham, Abraham did not know the difference and blessed Jacob instead, of course Jacob was put through quite a bit afterwards, many years of hard labour etc... Our God is forgiving however Jacob had to learn his lesson for taking something he was not supposed to do...

Interesting isn't it?
Hada (36 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
This occurrance of an incubus (male demon) sitting on a person is not a specifically women's-only speciality. There are also succubi (female demons). It is a common albeit severely disturbing experience. The "spirit" or entity that is felt is made of smokeless fire and it is known as the Jinn. There are many kinds, some mischievous, some downright evil and more powerful than humans. Jinns(genies) are the eastern Islamic version of "demons". In the Quran(Islamic bible) Angels were made of light, Humans made of earth and Jinns were made of fire. This specific kind is also called al-khaaniq (the strangler), and in Arabic it is also called al-jathoom and al-naydalaan. Al-jathoom is a disease that a person feels when he is falling asleep and imagines something heavy pressing upon him, squeezing him and constricting his breathing, hence he cannot speak or move, and he is almost suffocated because of the obstruction of his airway. When it goes away, he wakes up immediately. One way to make it go away is to pronounce the only word that can possibly be formed in such a state of paralysis. I've tried it and it works. Say "Allah" which is the Arabic word for God. Once said, the experience ends.
dreamy1 (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Hi I just joined today but I wanted to comment about what you said happening only to females. This didn't happen to me but to an ex boyfriend a few years ago. Growing up he'd had several encounters with ghosts.

Several years ago his best friend moved into an old converted carriage house. Soon after moving in she stated having these events. For instance she would see her cat playing with something that wasn't there. Cold areas in the house. At night in bed she'd get this sensation like something was on her chest holding her down preventing her from breathing.

She asked the people in the main house if there was anything stange they knew about but they didn't seem to notice anything.

She got really scared and would ask friends to spend the night because she was scared and to see if the same things happened to them. I don't know what her other friends said about it. I was there once in the day time but I didn't feel anything strange.

One night my ex went to spend the night there. I didn't go because I didn't want to. My ex told me that when he was asleep he was awakened by the sensation that he couldn't move. He said it felt like something large and heavy was sitting on his chest holding him down. His friend even called in some paranormal group from a university to check things out. They said it could be something that had to do with magnetic energy fields in the area.

The friend was too scared to stay so she moved soon after. Maybe you know of more females that reported it but I can tell you it happened to a male as well.
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Maybe it is something nice. And I've heard that these sort of things happen to us females most of the times because we are supposed to have a stronger sixth sense than men. Oh, not trying to say that some guy out there might not be have this kind of problem but it might just be this. Anyway, you can e-mail me any time if you want Vida! Hope you get through this unscratched.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Hey glad to see this story made it from the post section to the story section. Vida looking forward to your daughters story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: