You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexplained Noise and Movement

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Noise and Movement

 

I have had several 'ghost' experiences throughout the years. The first being when I was about four -I was sitting on the toilet and I started yelling for my mom because I saw 'smoke' in the bathroom. My mom came running in, and she saw it also. They checked the entire house, trying to figure out what it was. There was no explanation for it. I maintain that it was a spirit (as does my mother).

Several years later, I was fourteen, and out at my grandmother's house. It was an older farmhouse -built by my great-grandfather in 1945-46 (he also had died in the house... He suffered from seizures -in that time they didn't know enough about them to help him. He was placed on the floor of the living room, where he seized until he passed away). I was up in my grandma's bedroom, talking on the phone to a friend. I was laying on my back on the bed, facing away from the door. She had wooden beads hanging from her doorway, and I heard them rattle. I figured it was the dog, but I turned and looked over. Hmm. Nothing there.

I went back to my conversation, assuming the dog had went back downstairs. A few minutes later, I heard a noise like a pop can crunching. I again turned, figuring the dog was in there after all. But he was a German Shepard -not exactly hard to miss. There was nothing.

At this point, I was getting a little anxious. I sat up, and kept glancing around the room. The top light was off, but it was in the middle of the day, so I wasn't too concerned. I started telling my friend about what was going on, when I heard the noise. The dormers of the house were deep. Deep enough that you couldn't see all the way into them to the windows. The curtain rods were metal, and the hooks on the curtains were also metal. They were rusting and pretty old. They scraped horribly when you opened the curtains. I heard the 'scrape... scrape... scrape'. And my eyes went to the wall where the sunlight was coming in. As each scrape occurred, the swatch of sunlight got larger. Someone was opening the curtains.

I asked, "Grandma?" No answer.

I threw the phone, and ran into the hallway then down the stairs.

There stood my grandma at the kitchen sink, elbow deep in dishwater.

I said, "Please tell me you were just upstairs..."

She said she wasn't, and I knew she wasn't. There was no way she could have made it down before me, or made it out of the dormer without me seeing her. There was no one else in the house, and the dog was laying in the dining room. The window wasn't open, so the wind couldn't have blown the curtains -furthermore, there was no way it could have- as I said the rod and hooks were rusted, and took a considerable amount of effort to move them.

I told her about what happened, and she very calmly replied, "We've got spooks..." And went back to her dishes. I do believe she was right.

Other hauntings by BewitchedKitti

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BewitchedKitti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
wow that is scary you know same things happen with me, and you and me are a bit alike I guess. Keep us informed!

Truly,
Hunters
Hada (36 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
As with many such experiences, especially those that occur in bathrooms can easily be explained. You have jinn in your house. They are particularly fond of bathrooms, darkness and spaces that fall between light and shadow. You should call upon the name of God to keep them away.
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
wow... Kind of wierd because if it was you gramps then he should have answered... Right?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: