You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Boards

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Boards

 

This happened quite some time ago, I'm telling it until now because I really think it's going to make a really boring story but I have about a million questions to ask about Ouija boards, so maybe some people out there have some ideas and not answers but, suggestions about what they think.

Some while ago, I was curious about the nature of ouija boards, so I decided since my mom told me no about buying me one, my sister and I made one on our own. Before I continue, my sister's friend has a ouija board and she told us supposedly that the devil works through ouija boards, and that through it, it tries to possess you and unbelievable baloney like that. I made one, and I tried it using one of those key rings.

Some supposed spirit named Tiffany started to talk to us through it, and for a time, I believed that it was just me, but as I progressed in using it, Tiffany (or whatever) began telling us things. Like her age, and the way she died and she actually told me a story about herself, about her family and if there was other spirits in the room, like one time she said that my great-grandmother was in the kitchen.

Then, other "spirits" began talking to us through it, our supposed guardian angels and one time, even Jesus himself. I began to believe that we were really talking to God's spirits because things began being spelled on the ouija board that we would have NEVER have any intention of spelling ourselves, just to amuse or entertain. I don't know if to doubt that it was real or that if spirits were really talking to us. I started getting addicted to using it and then began getting skeptical about everything because the "spirits" began telling us stuff that was NOT true. The weird part was that I would feel their presences and that they were really using a bit of my energy combined with theirs to talk to us.

So, I know that your probably bored by now, but I have many questions to ask, and if you could help me out, I would be grateful. First, do you think that ouija boards are serious about the dead and are not just out there to entertain you? Why can't the spirits prove to us that they're there and not just a figment of our anticipating imaginations? Are home-made Ouijas proper to use, or can you use them? I have much more questions but I don't want to bore you to death so, I'll be going now

Thanks for reading my story to the end, and if you have any comments, please don't hesitate to leave them. Thanks to everyone!

Other hauntings by Janice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

supportXlove (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
Dear Janice,

I don't find your story boring at all, however I believe you should look more into the ouija board before messing around with it. Ouija is not a game, it can very dangerous if not used correctly. I have had many bad experiences well trying to contact spirts. I have done a lot of research on Ouija and I think you should do the same to be able to do it saftley.
First off, never play by yourself if you don't know what you are doing. For two reasons.
One, most of the time one person doesn't have that much engery to make it work. Ouija is manly based off engery, spirts need this in order to manifest.
Two, if you don't know what you are doing, and your by yourself you might not be able to control what ever is trying to show its self. Which can cause harm to you.
Ouija boards are portals to other world you must always remember to close that portal after each session otherwise you may cause demonic spirts to enter your house.
And as for your questions,
Your first one...
I do believe in spirts and the ouija board, and it should be taken seriously. Like I said its not a game. As long as you do it with the right people who won't try and scare you by moving the planchette on there own. If you find the people who won't do this, you'll most likely have a real experience.
Second one...
Its not good to ask spirts to show themselves and can lead to bad things, if they feel provocted and try to harm you. Sometimes they just don't have enough engery to show themselves, but that doesn't mean they arent there.
Third one...
Yes home-made boards do work, but can be a little harder to get going. Some say they actually work better because it has your creativityin in it.
A few things I want to say. You say that you talked to Jesus, I'm not saying your lying but some spirts like play games with you, by lying saying there other people when there really not.
Another reason for this is they could be evil and don't want you to know there real name.
Plus I highly highly doubt Jesus would come through an Ouija Board.
One time I had a spirit say he was the Devil and he kept going to the numbers 666. Then later we found out that his name was different.
Some people just have higher amounts of energy then others, and are able to contact with the dead easlier.
That's all I have to say for now I guess.
If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me at
Blondie411431 [at] yahoo.com

Sincerely,

SupportXlove 😊
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
I personally believe that Ouija Boards are not toys and even though it's hard for some people to comprehend, I understand why they are considered toys. Most people (skeptics) or folks who just don't believe in the paranormal think it's just a game or as the scientific view goes, you're 'unconciously' moving the planchette to get the answers you want, but the strange things that happen say otherwise. Most people's houses start to become haunted, so if it is just a game why do people begin to see things? That is one thing to think about. Secondly they can prove to you they are there, you have to provoke them, but they need energy, if there is not enough, they can't do anything. And home-made ouija's I believe have just as much power if not more, since it is truly a personal item.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear Janice,

I liked the story and it is definitely not boring. However, the chances of you speaking to Jesus are slim if not impossible. Likely you were speaking with an entity which was trying to fool you. Take note, Ouija boards can mess up your life, it opens portals and none of us here in YGS would want a senior member like you or any of the other members to get hurt. Thankfully you got out of the situation unscathed.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
DemonSora (69 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
dude that was sooo NOT boreing. Thats actually awesome! But are you sure you were talking to Jesus? Because its a sin to use a ouija for Jesus and God. Be careful. And dude that was sooo not boring! And do not ask for any physical signs!

God Bless
Dory ❀
tink301 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Your wondering why the spirits won't prove they're their right? Well in "Don't mess with ouija boards" the spirit proved it was their. Just sayin'. πŸ˜‰
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
OK. I'll answer your question's. And give you some tips that can save your life.
(not in the order you asked, sorry)

1. Is homemade Ouija's work? - yes. They do. Most of the time, atleast.
2. Is the Ouija board's serious? - Yes. No one cna prove what the after life is. I doubt you talked to God. It was most liekly a demon trying to trick you. But I do believe they are real.
3. Why can't spirits tell us there there? - They can. But believe me, you DON'T want to play that game with em.

Now a few pointer's.
1. Don't mess with an Ouija board. They are HIGHLY dangerous.
2. If you are looking to destry a Ouija board, DONT burn it. For that is VERY bad.
3. Dont get spirits mad. If it says its going to kill you, or talks about death, or if you start feeling a bad presence, ditch the board. Say goodbye, say your thanks for the conversation, put it in the box. And leave it alone.
4. If you are going to play with 1 (I recommend you dont), make a circle of salt, and light candles around it. People believe that a circle of salt and litten candles will prevent from the things harming you. Intill you step outside the circle... Then your on your own.
5. Don't play by your self. Dangerous!

~Gejro
djlexus (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
im quite intreaged by all of this. I hav had a lot of paranormal happenings and being on this site has explained alot. Espesh one thing which I convinced myself was a dream bt from others turns out it prob was real after all. I am so interested in OB's but they bring the bad spirits through the good wall and I'm scared, any ideas on how to use one safely? Wb x
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Wow Janice, Those are some deep questions, and am I understanding correctly? Why do beings become More intense the more we inteact with them? If that's your question I think you will have a different answer for every person you ask. I guess all find out one day... πŸ˜‰
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
Hello Shane, Hello Athena, you really are a fan of my stories? Oh thank you, it's good to hear that I have a friend ready to read my stories yet to come, I will surely read your stories and comment them when I have the time. Ok, well you both told me very interesting OB experience stories. (I got into the habit of calling it OB too, lol) It's very spooky indeed that after we use the board, things start happening as if using the OB has some kind of impact on us. Like if it gives the spirits or ghosts more energy to cause more of their... Mischief or whatever is the appropriate way to call it. Gosh, there are unpredictable happenings after using it... It just stumps me a lot. And then, we have another skeptic, because first, I asked this guy if he believes in witchcraft, he said he didn't believe in it at all and that he was 100% it isn't real, and then I asked if he believed in anything paranormal, he says no and then I asked him if he's religious and he also says no. So he's an atheist, I also asked how he thinks that world was created and he gives me this 2 minute long science theory called the "big bang" because he is a biology teacher. I know that has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but I just felt like telling you. Shane, who do you think this mad-axe guy (or woman) could have been in their lifes, maybe a crazy, phycotic murderer of some sort. Athena, it really does stump me how things happen right after we use the board, why doesn't it just happen on it's own? Why does it have to happen when we contact them through OBs or when we do something that relates to their... Paranormalness (that made no sense, lol) well, I did send like 2 more stories to this site already, I guess that Martin hasn't put them up yet. What has become of him anyway? Well, thank you two so much for the advice, you guys and also thanks for being there for me 😊 talk to you later, Athena, Shane
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Hi Janice, Thanks for filling us in! I am relieved you "round filed" that OB 😊. Seems like no-good was coming from it anyway. Thank you for the kind things you wrote about me, your comments are going into my Blessings Binder. And at the risk of sounding like a redundant sycophant- I am very serious when I say I am a fan of your stories, and make sure that when you write I read it!
I am curious if you have had any experiences because of the OB even after you got rid of it? That lying spirit was very concerning to me. Well, here's a couple stories from my many OB experiences. When I was a little girl (less than 7yrs). My dad, his mom (GrammaJo) and someone else I think, were using the board in the kitchen. It was in Reno/Sparks Nevada and it was cool, so all the windows were closed, and the door that led to the garage was likely also shut and locked. What my father described as a "gust" seemed to sweep the kitchen knocking things over in the kitchen, including knocking the OB off the table and on to the floor. The house was haunted by a weird being before that, so using the board might have made the haunting more intense. Growing up, there were many times when I used the board and nothing at all happened. I'm sure there were even times when me and the people I played with just pushed the planchette around the board making things up.πŸ˜‰ Nothing negative happened at all because of the board. But as you know Janice, I feel uncomfortable with the OB because it is and was instilled in me that there is a possibility of danger, I am following the heard of sheep and that is my bleat. That being said, the board is not powerful in and of itself.
Anxiously Awaiting your next story, Athena
PS I keep forgetting how to spell 'Ouija' that's why I just call it the OB, seems like everyone knows what I mean when I use in phrase, so it works out. ❀
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hello Janice, good to speak with you as well. I have in the past used a ouija board, both before I knew the proper way and once again after I knew how to do a correct channeling.
The first time, we were just thinking it was just a game, turns out we were wrong. The first entity to contact us wouldn't give a name or age, said its age was 0 then it kept spelling the words Mad Axe. We broke off contact with that entity and another jumped right in, said their intials were J.T. And they were 86. We asked a bunch of questions of J.T. But never got a straight answer. Then the one with no name took over again and spelled out kill, murder, death, Mad Axe. We quit playing after that. My brother and his wife started hearing noises in his home after that and having other strange experiences which he won't share with anyone. I believe it is what eventually split them up.
We never closed that door and what ever we were talking to came through. Afterwards I went and completed some research on the board and found where we went wrong and how to prevent it from happening again. I also found ways to protect ones self when using the ouija board from friends who practice withcraft.
The next time I used it, I used what I had learned and the experience wasn't really much better. Friends and I contacted a spirit by the name of John, he stated he had passed because of illness. His age was like 11 or something like that. Refused to answer any questions, just wanted to play. We kind of got bored of John and said good-bye and tried for another spirit. Who should show up, but old Mr/Ms. Mad Axe. Spelling out his/her kill, death, murder, death. I knew how to close the session this time and we did just that. No one ever stated they had any problems after that, but I wasn't going to take a chance anymore and we actually took the ouija board to a church for them to dispose of it. This was before I learned the proper way of getting rid of them. Haven't touched one since and don't expect to ever do so again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
PS. Everyone! Do you use a OB? What happened after you started using it? Did anything bad happen after? What do you think of them? Did you experience anything weird or paranormal? I'm sorry, I just want to know peoples' opinions 😊
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for coming to my story and giving me advice! Thank you! Shane, how's it going, old pal!? Nice to talk to you again! Athena, I thought that it was pretty fun using the OB, as you call it. It was fun but the spirit or whatever it was that I was communicating with, kept telling me things that were obviously not true, and also told me things that made me happy, you know like, I like this guy a lot and the spirit, who's name was, I don't remember but she told me that he liked me back and I think that it was just to lure me or something, but who knows? No, I'm not using it anymore, I don't even have one anymore. What would happen if I started again? Athena, I just read your comment again, you are VERY smart, I would not have even looked at things like that. Really, you're an awesome writer, you know how to put things together! Well, I put your advice into thought and I realized that it's true, it's true. Well, I gotta go and sorry it took me long to respond! I'll talk to you all later! Thank you! Annie, you didn't get one stich of trouble for using the Quija board!? Not anything wrong? Hello Abby, I'll surely visit that website you recommended, I just have to make time. Bellissima, thank you for commenting my story, thank you all again! I gotta go! Bye! THANKS! Ok, I'm leaving now, lol 😊
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Hi Bellissima, You are smart, I won't use one either. BTW A friend reminded me today that even after a positive channel the host is sometimes very tired and not in the way that I mentioned before... I hate to muddy the water. Dying to know if you are still using the OB Janice?
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Hi, Athena! Open-minded and insightful as always! This is a topic I've never given much thought to. Honestly, I've only heard tales of deceit and lies from spirits in regards to the ouija board and I'm too afraid to use one. Yes, I've seen the Exorcist! You've given me something to think about, but only think about, I'd never use one! I admittedly have a yellow streak when it comes to the ouija board, I think it would leave me too open for something to sneak through. Scary thought, that one. Good point on the sales technique, it kind of sells itself! πŸ˜‰
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
PSS Hi Janice, Would love to know how you are feeling about OBs now? Can't wait to see your latest thoughts 😁
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
HI Janice, One more thought about OB hysteria... Isn't it interesting that other Parker Bros games have bit the dust, but the OB has stayed on racking in the bucks for several decades now... Maybe, the OB's bad rep is a successful marketing ploy? Just a thought...
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Dear Janice, Ladies and Gentlemen Readers,

In honor of Halloween and at the risk of unleashing something, here is a site that may help you all--or not.

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html

I am Ouija board of this, O or Q, Ha! Ha! Abby :)
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
πŸ˜† OMG What's going on here?!? I mean I think you guys will be embarressed later! Ok! Dear Wonderful Janice, Janice who is getting cheated out of good advice on her own story... You are one of my fav posters too. I think that these particular beings maybe destructive instead of instructive. For example, you said they were saying things that were not true, this is a trait of negative being or beings that wish to manipulate you. This type of being, from my experience, does bait and switch; telling you they are someone important and likable (Tiffany or one of Jesus's legion), in order to be listened to by you, and they are actually 'bad'. More evidence... They were using your life force as they communicated. Positive beings might talk through folks sometimes, but the feeling of the host afterwards is not disempowered. After a positive being has channeled- the host might feel tired though, but it's a good tired. Like the feeling you get after you've cried while watching a heart-touching and inspirational film. I wanted to tell you that before I said anything about OB's because I think you have to get rid of the negative spirits. I'm worried about your interacting with them. ❀
OBs are interesting to me too. Now if someone as cool and together as Annie was able to use them with no issues- that tells you that all the bad press about them being "portals to the devil/evil",ONLY, is not accurate. I am not sure what happened, perhaps a movie came out and started OB hysteria? I guess I see two sides to this issue... Perhaps, because OBs are thought of as 'bad' and it is so ingrained in our culture that it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy, we expect something negative and so something negative is attracted to us when we use it. I personally don't use OB- I guess it is the hype that has turned me off to them. πŸ˜‰ In reality, OB are not powerful, at least not More powerful then any of the other 10 mediums that come to mind. People and other beings embue them with power and it just so happens that you did (I think) summon a being. Yes, they have been used to reach those who have passed. I keep wondering if that was really all you wanted to talk about Janice, or is there more?
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Thank YOU, Shane! Please, ladies...let's stop all the b*******. Sorry!
Yes, Janice, my husband DID get me a Ouija board for Christmas. He bought it out of love. He bought it because I had a lot of...HA...fond memories of playing Ouija with my sisters. It was all so innocent back in the 70's. NOTHING bad (that I ever knew of) ever came through. Now... I don't know. I've read so many bad things about them. But, I've never heard that they were created by witches. From a tree stump? If that is so... So be it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Janice excuse me dear friend for borrowing your story.

Abercrombie and Scarlettwitch could you please keep the discussions to the stories and not to one's personal beliefs about the educational, religious, or any other differences that you may have with another poster or author. I would hate to see either of you not return to the site because you felt unwelcome or belittled by another. Thanks ladies!

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Hello everyone! Abercombie, Scarlettwitch, Annie thank you all for your comments. You all sound like very mature people to me;-).
WEll, Annie, you used to use ouija boards a lot, didn't you? I thought that it was spelled with a "q" all this time, I didn't realize until now that the real spelling is with an o, but since I'm so used to spelling it with a "q", I'm going to keep on spelling it that way. Man, so many people nowadays are addicted to things like quija boards, they just cause trouble and it definitely isn't monopoly. After I used the quija board, I started having so many problems and things weren't going the way they were, so I threw it away and after a while, things were alining again. You got a quija board for christmas? That is indeed a strange gift but I guess that it would enlighten many people since you always hear people saying that they wish they could talk to ghosts and all that. WEll, my feet are freezing! I'm going to go take a nap, I'll talk to you all later. πŸ˜‰ Have a good day
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Janice, thank you for having proper etiquitte and understanding. Scarlettwitch cannot find enough time in her life between trying to win arguments and looking up words in the dictionary to realize, that, sometimes showing your tail isn't the best way to conquer something you chase, such as, victory in an argument. Yes, good! I find that the boards are properly called Ouija, but in exception of scarlettwitch, I am perfectly fine with you calling it Quija according to what you have learned or believe. Now, myself being a very intelligent FEMALE, I choose not to sound as educated as I am for I do this all day. If I want to use inproper grammar and English language skills, I will. And note to you scaleywitch, I am perfectly capable of comprehending with any 'big words' or small you throw to me in a comment. I will retreat to normal life, and things worth wasting energy typing over. Good day, all! Except scaleywitch. πŸ˜†
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
seems I'm not the only one who chooses to spell it with a Q after all. And just because I use big words doesn't mean I think I'm better than anybody, it's just the natural way that I write, perhaps you should listen to yourself every now and then abercrombie, you're extraordinarily immature, and this is the last bit that I will give you in response to your haughty and just plain, outright, (let me find a smaller word that he'll understand...) stupid comments, you can fight with every person on this site, and yet, at the end of the day, you'll still have that poor inferiority complex you're dragging around behind you. Blessed be. 😊
Annie (202 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
Janice, When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, we always had a Ouija board. It was just...normal. We never heard of it bringing in bad spirits. Then in the 80's, my younger brother and his friends started messing around with it. Something happened in one session that scared the... Crap... For lack of a better word!...out of all of them. He swore to never touch one again. I thought it was all a lot of garbage. I mean, it was a game played by my sisters and I when we were kids. My husband bought me a new one for Christmas (I know, strange Christmas gift, eh?) a few years back. I'd only used it a couple of times. THEN I started reading about how bad they really are. We've had very bad luck for the last few years. I threw mine out this past spring. Is our bad luck to be attributed to the board? Who knows. I just didn't want to take any chances. So, I got rid of it. I'm glad to hear that you're not dabbling in it anymore. I don't think any good will come from it.
Best wishes to you!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
I also have to say... Quija boards being invented from the stump of the trees where witches were hung from, and then the witch's spirit getting caught in the board... Is a very interesting and catchy theory! Anybody have anymore? 😊
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
Hello everyone... And thank you for all the comments! Uncanny, Abercombie, Scarlettwitch, and Annie, thank you for that information, I really learned a lot more about your opinions and what you guys think, even if there was a bit of an argument, but alright. I've seen a lot harsher on here before, a lot harsher. Well, I have not touched a quija board since this experience and do not have any intentions of doing so anymore. They are just time-wasters and they can be dangerous if used for an unlimited amount of time. Well, thanks again everyone! I appreciate the help 😊
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
Hmm...I feel like I've fallen down a rabbit hole. My goodness! Such harsh words. Abercrombie, do you know for a fact that witches were the inventors of the Ouija board? Ha. All this time I thought it was the Parker Brothers. 😁
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
Alright miss scarlettwitch with a b, first, in response to your comment, read what I said after I said I wouldn't pray. Hmmm, it says I will! WOW how hard. Secondly, if you KNOW so much and are offended by my comment, how could you not know how to spell OUIJA? Not Quija. You spelled it that way at least twice. And using bigger words doesn't make you any bit higher in this argument. SO, who sounds, 'irrelavent' and 'immature' as you put it, now? Neither Katie NOR I need you to fight our battles for us, so you can take your own advice and grow up yourself. And before you fax me a copy of your degree in psycology, don't try to be the peace bringer. All you are going to do is sink deeper and deeper into the pit of failure. Moving on with my life...
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
Ok, abercrombie... And princess katie... STOP FIGHTING! I mean, there's no need to continue arguing on here about peoples personal encounters and what they have to say. I think you both have some growing up to do, you both say very rude and unnecessary things like "I wish a demon would get you you deserve it if you use a quija" or "I'm not going to pray for you if you use a quija" what is your deal?!?!? Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions without your home grown prejudices' and irrelavent and somewhat immature comments.
Abercrombie, that's a myth that you're stating, and I'm personally offended by the fact that you would say wtiches are the ones who made the quija board, considering the fact that I'm pagan, I think I would know. Nobody REALLY knows where the quija originated from, but it is noted and documented through history that it was used by mediums to contact the spiritual realm and has a rich history of causing mayhem thousands of years ago as well, but nobody really knows where it's from.
In any event, I think everyone here would benefit more from constructive and helpful comments rather than unnecessary drama and arguments, let's just try to get along and enjoy each others encounters and stories shall we? 😳

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: