You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Fear Of The Dark - A Strange Walk In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Fear Of The Dark - A Strange Walk In The Dark

 

First, I want to start with some background information. I live in a very small town there is maybe 100 people in the town, it is very old. The town is shrinking and some of the lights along the roads are going out or don't work.

Recently someone new moved in very near where I live and we became great friends really fast and for some reason we always have these moments where we have the same exact thought but only one of us will say out loud, then the one who did not say it will say, "dude I thought the EXACT same thing". Although this has no relevance to the story I felt I should include it. This story took place on the short, minute long walk between our houses and since the town is so small I have two routes to his house, the road or my backyard, they each take about the same amount of time.

Now for the main part of my story. It was dark out, probably about 9:00 and for some reason I was going to his house and I don't recall why. I might have had to get something, or maybe it was not so late and I was going to hang with him. But it does not matter because it was dark. I took the road to his house and for some reason the walk always gives me chills. The road is lighted but only at the ends and sometimes the lights flicker or go out. This one walk was so much more creepy than rest. I don't understand why it felt so much worse but it did. Then I noticed that I had two shadows following behind me (shadow as in my shadows).

I would not have found this too odd except for two things. One, the second shadow was not connected to me. Two, the shadows were facing towards the light source. Yes there is a another light on the end of the street behind me but that was a bit too far away to be casting the shadows I was seeing. Then just when I was near his house I thought I heard a young woman's voice, probably around early 20s, and I had no clue what it was although I suspected it was laughter. When I got in my friends house I vaguely described the experience and we both laughed.

I think he thought I was just over-reacting, which I may have been. After that I kind of blew it off, but every time I take that walk in the dark I always get a little creeped out some times I will blast music to take the thought away. For some reason this experience reminds me of the song Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheLurkingUnknown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

adwait (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
Hey,the lurking unknown I see your a maiden fan.
Anyway getting to the point even I had a experience somewhat like this. Well it was new year eve and everyone was on the terrace. I just went down stairs to wash my hands. And just then as I entered the house I heard 3 or 4 different sounds together (one of them was the ticking of a clock). It was like a cacophony of sounds just they were very faint. That gave me a odd feelin. I felt like I was sorrounded. It was a really odd feelin I must say. I was feelin that somebody was around me. But I was sure no one was. (everyone was partying on the terrace) The sounds were weird. There was something in them that really freaked me out. I washed my hands and left the place. (bad thing I didn't stay there. But the sounds were creepy)
Yuni_Sasameki (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Why did your family move to such an old town? Just wondering... But anyway, you probably think I'm silly of something, but maybe your friend is somehow a demon in disguise, or a ghost-maybe? But I do hope you're careful around there since it's so old. 😐
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
i guess I will have to look at that. I am not close to that area.
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
I believe Summerwind is located in North Woods near the lake. The mansion was home to some bizaar hauntings for 70 years or so. The building burned down in the 80s, but locals say the site where it stood is still haunted. That's why I was wondering if you were close to that area. Visit www.summerwindmansion.com for the stories the family went through living there and photos. Very interesting
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Not that it matters, the voice had a certain place it came from and that is the spot that gives me the most creeps
It is a dark area between two house
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Thanks for sharing. You know I have written my experience, in which I also mentioned an experience with spirit and when I reached my home I heard a loud voice of ghost (Female voice). 😕
Not even this, I have seen in many stories about the voice of a girl coming from nowhere.
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
[at] crescent there is not really any history here.
[at] Markiza it is a short walk no other way except through my creepy backyard.
[at] bereal where is Summerwind?
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
I notice you live in Wisconsin. By any chance are you familiar with and/or do you live anywhere near the Summerwind (Lamont) ruins?
Markiza (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Did you ever try to change your routine walk to one less frightening? Either do this, or stop freaking out, turn the music down and try to make out what exactly the ghostly young woman has to tell you. That's what I'd do if I were in your situation.
Travel safe!
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Wow,I would have been scared heck I most likely would have ran! LOL. But really I never heard of anyone having two shadows. That said I think you had a shadow person my friend. Have you thought of researching the area? Maybe even the town?, you mite be surprised at what you mite find. Thanks for sharing that was creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: