You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: We Shouldn't Have Messed With This

Real Ghost Stories

We Shouldn't Have Messed With This

 

Six years ago when I was 20 I was very naive and a real lads lad. I would work five days a week and then have a real blow out at the weekend with my mates. I then fell in love with my friend Katy who I had known for years previously and my outlook completely changed, however, something I did one night when I was 20 gave me a huge reality check when it comes to messing with things we have no understanding of. I still have trouble understanding fully what happened that night but what I do know, is that the scary things that happened to me are what made me realise how much I love Katy and wanted to be with her for the rest of my life.

After a pretty mental night out with the lads we went back to my mate Danny's house for a few more drinks. Somehow we got onto the subject of Ouija boards, some of us dismissed it whereas my mate Luke said it was real and we should give it a go for a laugh. We weren't seriously drunk, tipsy more than anything so we thought ok why not. We cut out numbers and letters and layed them all out in a semi circle around the coffee table and grabbed an empty glass.

There was six of us all with our finger on the glass and Luke asked out is anyone there. This set us all off laughing then he asked again and we heard a fairly loud thud in the kitchen. Carl leaned backwards to look through the kitchen door and saw nothing, then he looked back at the table and the glass really violently shifted from one side of the table to the other. Of course we all questioned each other accusing one another that he had moved the glass, we all took our fingers off when the glass shifted violently again.

By this point we were shiatting ourselves and realised that maybe this was real. Put our fingers on the glass again and Luke continued to ask questions. At one point it spelt out a word that was just a jumble of letters that made no sense at all when Dan got really angry and shouted "CAN'T YOU F*****G SPELL YOU IDIOT"? As soon as he did the glass spelt out Toni which is his mums name. It then went on to spell the names of all of our mums. We knew for a fact that half of us weren't doing this deliberately because only Dan and Luke knew my mums name.

Luke went on to ask what it wanted and why it was here. The glass didn't move so Luke suggested one of us asked it something. We all took turns when it got to me and I asked it what it wanted. There was nothing at first then the glass started vibrating and stopped, it did this for a few minutes before I asked again only this time I was angry and shouted WHAT DO YOU WANT and it spelt out K.A.T.Y. I only knew one girl called Katy that was spelt like that. Danny, Luke & Tank all knew Katy as well. I looked at everyone and the lads all had the same expression as myself, sheer terror. Dan asked what it wanted with Katy and the glass spelt out P.A.I.N. We asked again what did it want with her, the glass vibrated again and spelt out pain continuously.

Luke was getting pretty concerned and said we should stop and ring Katy to see if she was ok. All of us tried to ring her but no one answered at her end. We were all getting really concerned so for no other reason than we had no other choice we went back to the Ouija board and started proper hurling abuse at the glass saying stuff like "WHAT THE F**K HAVE YOU DONE TO KATY" and "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM HER". I was crying now because Katy meant a lot to me and I had very deep feelings for her and as mad as it is when a tear rolled down my face the glass moved and spelt out S.H.E.D.I.E.S at first it made no sense then it dawned on us it was two words SHE DIES. I grabbed my phone again and rang her while Dan rang her house. I got nothing but Dan got through to her sister who told him Katy had been rushed to hospital ten minutes ago and that her sister and family were about to follow her down.

I freaked out and knew I had to get to hospital. Because we had been drinking we couldn't drive even though we had sobered up by then but a neighbour was outside and said he would drive me and Dan to hospital. When we got there we were met by Katy's sister and mum who told us Katy was in a critical condition and it was suspected burst appendix. Anyone who has witnessed or been through that knows it can be lethal. After what seemed like an eternity, we were allowed in to see her. Her family went first then I went in, Dan remained outside. Seeing her lying in a hospital bed surrounded by tubes and machines and the colour completely drained out of her face was heartbreaking and I vowed to stay with her.

She made a full recovery and I was there when she was released from hospital. When her strength was back up I admitted to her that I loved her and it took a scary experience to realise just how much I loved her. I told her about what me and the lads did with the Ouija board and when I got into detail about it, her face dropped. She said that she was lying in bed watching a programme about demonology when a man came on and started talking about Ouija boards. As soon as he started talking about it she felt the pain in her stomach, I asked her if she could remember what time this happened and she said it must've been around 1am which happened to be the time the Ouija board spelt out her name.

We have now been together for 6 years and I am going to propose to her in the next month. Me and the lads have not discussed the Ouija board since. We believe that whatever came through that night hurt Katy, we don't know why it cornered her specifically or why it spelt out the names of our mums but what good came out of that evil was me realising I had the love of my life in my sights all along and it took her nearly dying for me to realise it.

For anyone reading this who is contemplating dabbling with Ouija boards, please don't. I was a real jack the lad who believed in nothing but getting wrecked at the weekend but me and my mates messed with something we knew nothing about and my soon to be fiance nearly died as a result. Stay well away from them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Liam1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Nice story but I think the spirit was telling you about katy's pain it did not mean any harm to her, well correct me if you think I'm wrong

Ghostlysmile
zion1234 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
good story, I have never used a quija board, scares me to think what would come from it, good to see somebody from united kingdom, same as myself, I have just joined, great to know that youve found happiness through your experience, hope the girl says yes. Good luck 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Yes it is well known to most not to fool around with the Ouija board, but some people can't help themselves, then something happens and then they wish they had listened, this will forever be happening.

In Your case I think it was a warning and not a threat, who you contacted could have been anyone and you were quite lucky that only good came from it in the end and by that I mean you and Katy being together. All the best.

Dan
jeezecheese (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Wow but I don't think it wanted to hurt her not for sure but my mamaw when she was young said she and her friends messed with a Ouija board and she asked it who will I marry and it said my papaws last name and I would mess with one when I am older to ask questions maybe I'm a very curiuios person 😉
AelouaOfTheClouds (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
It might not have been a spirit at all. Each of you were all thinking of things so you unconciously moved the piece. Once it moved to "K", you might have thought of Katy and your love for her. Therefore, it moved to "K, A, T, Y". Your love might have awakened a latent sense, and you unconciously reached out to her. Your subconcious knew she was in danger, then "you" moved the piece to "HURT" and "SHE DIES".

Spirits can sometimes know of the future, but many times, it is just your subconcious acting on its own.
Leaa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I agree with zzsgranny... The spirit was just letting you know that Katy was in pain. I hope Katy says yes 😊
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
You learned your lesson which I'm glad Katy didn't die. I hope she say yes:). Thanks for sharing <3
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I agree with the others. The spirit was trying to tell you that Katy was in pain and had been admitted to the hospital. Do let us know whether Katy says yes:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
My Dear Liam,

If what you checked up with Katy was right and that she got the pain around 1 in the night, then it should be construed that the spirit was warning you and that because of your deep love, which even you realised only after what Katy had undergone, it was telling you to go to hospital and be near her. A scary experience indeed. But, your conclusions are correct. Never play Ouija. I was told that in western countries, Ouija boards are sold in toy shops. I will tell you, this is not a toy and should not be played by any one and especially children. Good luck to you when you propose to Katy. God bless you both.
SierraNicole99 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I agree with zzsgranny
I believe that it spelled out her name so you would get the hint that you needed to call her and I think it spelled she dies to tell you that if no one can get to her in time and if she wouldn't of got help she wouldve died. I'm glad things worked out and I wish you the best! 😊
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I am going to agree with Granny and the rest, and I think the fact that it spelled out your moms names maybe meant it was trying to tell you it was a protective spirit, you know, like our moms always looking out for us and stuff, so that would go with the fact that it was helping.
I just hope you closed the session properly and that nothing else stuck around after...

Spider
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Liam I agree with zzsgranny. I don't think the spirit was responsible for what happened, I think you were just getting a message about Katy. BUT I'm glad you learned your lesson about fooling around with something you do not understand.
I hope Katy says yes to your proposal. Let us know.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
We asked "What do you want" and "Why are you here"

Rather strange questions to ask, considering the lot of you were trying to conjure up the spirits.

Congrats and good luck when you pop the question to your girl. 😁
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
[at] zzsgranny

That is also what I think. I don't think the spirit was responsible for the pain katy went through. I see it as a warning that she was in danger. But I'm glad that you guys are together and happy after such an experience! 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Liam: I have a different view of what happened... I think the spirit was actually telling you about Katy's pain, and that she could possibly die... I really don't think the spirit harmed her... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: