You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Number Three

Real Ghost Stories

The Number Three

 

Last friday (22.6) I tried autowriting to mainly see if I could do it (I used a pen and a paper). I asked whether I had spiritual guides or not, however the most I got out from that was inreadible doodles, except there were a large number of very clear 3's. I tried this a few times and there would always be 3's. I didn't think much of that at the moment and thought it was just a coincidence, since 3 is an easy number to write. Afterwards I have been having really vivid and strange dreams and I would always wake up from them for no particular reason (there's no spook or conclusion in the dream, I just open my eyes) and when I look at the clock there would always be a 3 there (like 2:43).

On Saturday night I only saw nightmares and by morning I got pretty angry and asked "what do you want?" after which I had a very creepy nightmare where I was in my house and it was full of white mist and when I woke up from it the clock was 5:43, which scared me a lot. Since I felt I wasn't alone (although I was) I addressed the entity as 3 and told it to stop scaring me or I would throw it out. After that I have not seen any nightmares however I would still wake up every 30 minutes or so and the clock would always have a 3.

Apart from that I have seen shadows and forms just when I'm about to fall asleep and open my eyes. They are immediately gone when I get spooked by them (and become fully aware of my surroundings) and I would feel this inexplainable feeling of dread. However this has happened to me occasionally through my life, just never so much during a short period of time.

I'm not scared of what's happening at the moment and just felt like sharing in case someone might have a clue about the meaning of number 3 and whether this is some kind of an entity or just my imagination.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HiddenSecret, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-26)
Seeing things just before you fall asleep and as you're waking was some kind of a dream thing, but I can't remember the name.
FART-EXTERMINATOR (24 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Triskaideka. In your comment you wrote "1+3+4+7=13"; NO IT DOES'NT: ONE PLUS THREE EQUALS FOUR, PLUS FOUR EQUALS EIGHT, THEN ADD SEVEN EQUALS FIFTEEN NOT THIRTEEN!
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
Oops, I lied, I just remembered. My ICQ number was 13278657. Add me if you like. I'm never on anymore. 😳
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
3s, 4s, and 13s pop up a lot in my life. My random ICQ number was 132334733371 or something like that (I don't remember exactly). In school around that time, my locker number was 17, then 31, then 41. My music slot in the band room was 4. My ID number for school, also a 13 and multiple 3s with a couple 4s and probably a 7 thrown in. The locks I always got had some combination of those numbers, as well. If I remember right, my high school locker combo (because my parents purchased a lock for me so I could move lockers anytime) was 42-31-43. Every address I have ever had has involved 3s in the house number. And I've lived in a lot of places. Basically, by middle school, I'd decided that 3 and 4 were my lucky numbers 1 and 7 were secondary lucky numbers. Well, 3+4=7. 1+3+4+7=13. Hence my inherent love of the number thirteen. Hence my name here. 😊 It's probably all just coincidence but I think we're not the only ones who feel certain numbers have a lot of weight.

Massive Attack - Three:
Https://youtu.be/8uW2lucCx_8

So this may not be something wanting to attack you but something trying to hint.
jeezecheese (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I keep having weird cowindences and dreams they mean somthing ill do a story if it keeps accuring kind of weird and scary. Like today makes 3 years my cousin has been dead and I had a dream last nigh I was scared and he was just in my dream to comfort me and I'm not close to him so I'm very confused 😕 and 3 is the demons number I think
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I believe we have pretty damned accurate internal clocks and can easily become quite accurately orientated to a familiar clock such as our bedside clock (or the clock at work that tells us when it is time to go home). I often look at the clock and it will happen to be 11:21, which is my anniversary. I think this happens more often than random chance would predict, although I don't think it's paranormal. I think I'm just habituated to the clocks around me and for some reason my body knows that moment when it will be 11:21. Why would my subconscious compel me to look at the clock at this time? Who knows. So, the 3s may not mean anything or they may be your subconscious trying to tell you something as opposed to an outside entity. What that might be only you can understand since it's your subconscious. I guess the best you can do is reflect on what's been going on in your life in order to find some meaning for these 3s.
Sophia13 (6 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
From my own experience - 3 in any shape or form is known as mocking of The Holy Trinity. Asking if you have a guide or not is an invitation. Demons will often try to hide their true identity - they are well known to be the great deceivers.

As the demon gains trust, it will slowly begin mixing lies with the truth in an effort to manipulate its victim.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Pardon the Interuption...

Cocoa,

I enjoy Ghost Adventures... I truly do but we must keep in minds it's a TV show... While they present some interesting 'captures' we must keep in mind that it's a show for entertainment...

SnudtoQueast may be onto something or maybe, if we apply Numerology, it was just an acknowledgement of what you were attempting. In Numerology the number 3 represents...

3= Communication/interaction. Self expression. Innovative skills

So if we put together that idea, with idea of apophenia that SnudtoQueast suggested your experience may just have been explained. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
First of all when you try to do auto writing you should always bathe yourself in white light of protection. Auto writing is similar to using the Ouija Board as in you are vulnerable to anything coming through so you have to protect yourself. Also please don't try anything you are not experienced with unless someone is around because you have to be in a meditative state to truly Auto write.
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Great story!

I was watching a great Ghost Hunting show called Ghost Adventures and they mentioned the number '3' being the number of demons. Becuase usually when getting scratched by a demon there'd always be '3' claw marks. Could it be a demon?

Much thanks
Cocoa 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
HiddenSecret - You mentioned "doodles." One thing I have recently found, when reading about automatic writing, is this and I quote: "These circles are the angels' way of expressing their great joy at making a connection with you." This is taken from a book written by Doreen Virtue.

I also have experienced the "doodles" or circles when doing automatic writing, as well as the number "3," but the number 3 was in response to a question I had asked.

I think it's very possible that you may have scared yourself and are reading too much into the number "3." I'm assuming this was the first time you used automatic writing. The first time it happened to me it was completely unplanned and I was like, "OMG!" The second time I planned it and I admit, I was a little hesitant when I started getting answers to my questions. I stopped doing it because I wasn't sure who I was contacting. Now I only do it...well, automatically 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
HS,
I have to agree with Snud, sometimes we see what we want to see. I am not a huge fan of calling things coincidence, but the odds are pretty good that a three will be involved in time whenever we look at a clock. Unless my statistic class was a total waste, a 30% chance of at least one three, I believe... Those are pretty good odds.

Lou
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
While I can imagine that this might be a freaky incident to go through, I think this might be a case of apophenia which is the experience of seeing meaningful patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. Humans as a whole tend to do this in general, like, if you're wearing a certain sock each time you win a game of pool, you're convinced that it's the sock's lucky powers that allow you to win, etc, so on. You're probably not ALWAYS waking up when the clock has a 3 on it, but because it happens more than seems normal, and you are attributing strange happenings to the number 3, it seems more than a coincidence. I'm not trying to downplay the significance, but I think its less the power from beyond the grave, and more the power of your own brain. Good luck, and if something more ominous happens with the number 3, be sure to put it on here! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: