You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirit Playing With My Toys

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Playing With My Toys

 

This was the first experience in my child hood home in Del City, Oklahoma. I was 10 and a half years old. The year of '94.

My mother and I had just moved in the house with my stepdad. Three rooms upstairs and one of them my own. I was used to having my own room so this wasn't anything out of the ordinary. My room only had a few items in it due to moving. My dresser, daybed, clothes hung in the closet and my Barbie toys and accessories. I was also a exceptionally clean child so nothing was ever out of place.

This particular night I was in my room playing with my Barbies and my mother walked in and told me it was time for bed. She always reminded me to put my toys away, although it wasn't needed. I ended up frustrated because I felt I didn't want to, so I left my toys all over the floor, knowing she would come back and be upset that I hadn't listened.

I turned the light off and closed the door and headed back to my bed. I pulled the window blinds up a bit, it helped me to fall asleep with the moonlight streaming in. I lay there for about 10 minutes when I hear a rubbing against the carpet a little ways from my bed. I sat up and look towards where the noise was coming from and I didn't see anything so I laid back down.

I few seconds later I start to hear my Barbie Jeep moving across the floor. Almost everyone knows the squeaks the wheels make. Well that's what I was hearing. Again I sat up and start trying to see if I could see it and nothing, but the noise was still going on. I start to panic a little so I lay back down and still stared at the direction the noise is coming from.

I remember thinking to myself, "Never again will I leave my toys out." I soon fell asleep, as the noise had finally stopped and all was quiet in my room.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
This is a nice story, I loved the end of it, really had me laughing:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
[at] valikcry, I know I had the same reaction, to the comment. And I agree it could definitely been my subconscience saying,"oh you feel guilty now". And yeah my mom did have that reaction when I told her about other incidents that occured there. My dad, was the type to only believe if he saw it with his own eyes. Definitely a true sceptic, until recently.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Sorry, Spirit, but I'm giggling at Nectavore's first comment. Ok, I think I have control now.
Well, I suppose it may have been a tiny bit of guilt over not obeying your Mom to pick them up that triggered it. Sort of like saying, "See? This is what happens when you don't put your toys away." Mom could have also been in denial herself, a cross between oh-no-not-again! And not wanting the step dad to think your both nuts.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Nectavore,oh my goodness, I like the first comment. That made me laugh at my own exoerience. And how awesome a mother you are. My mom at that time didn't want to believe that strange things were going on. Because we had just moved from my grandfathers house which was terrifyingly haunted. I do as well with my children. Because I know how it is to be a child with spirits just hanging around. ❤
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Nothing worse than being a little kid and trying to convince your oldies that you saw/ heard/felt something odd. I pride myself on being the kind of mother who mixes up a monster banishing spray from essential oils as opposed to saying its all in my kids head:)
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Maybe it was the ghosts of all the barbies that end up dead in the hands of merciless little brothers. Or the ghost of disco Ken who died of mortification after the hot pink sequinned cummerbund incident by Mattel.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: